What are you playing now?

Blarghagh

The patch for Dying Light seems to have also altered the amounts of certain things you can create.  Before, you could create 5 molotovs each time you had enough ingredients.  Now it's down to 2.  The exploding bomb firecrackers used to allow 8 per creation, but now that's also down to 2.

I guess this is their way of trying to make the game harder?

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Hotline Miami 2.... it's annoyingly unfair and unfun. The map design is so bad. Huge open maps where you can't fully see everything, which then results in you walking through it and getting shot by a rifle dude on the other end. Especially the Hawai scenes are so, so unfun for me. You have to force yourself through 4 or 5 maps and you will die a million times and if you are fed up and quit, you'll have to restart from map 1 the next time.

The first game was a lot better. More fast paced as well (in HM2 you have to wait for enemies to be in a specific position) and it felt never unfair to me. The enemies were never hiding outside of the screen and "hey, let's play a short game of Hotline Miami!" worked... while in the sequel it does not (see the 4 to 5 map scenes mentioned above... quit early and you'll redo everything the next time).

Right now I really don't feel motivated to continue.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

i killed Bracus REX in D:OS. tough fight but fun

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

Titan Quest and its expansion. I just wanted to play a hack n' slash game and this was the game I turned to. I have never played the expansion so I am starting over from the beginning and working my way through all the content.

Well, they haven't really gone completely under. They're operating under the name Crate Entertainment and are busy completing Grim Dawn right now.

I've enjoyed the early access of Grim Dawn more than I've enjoyed Titan Quest + Expansion.

• Like 3

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Titan Quest and its expansion. I just wanted to play a hack n' slash game and this was the game I turned to. I have never played the expansion so I am starting over from the beginning and working my way through all the content.

that expansion was a really sad story for me. a certain part of it was unplayable for technical reasons, despite my PC being far superior to the best hardware available at the time the game was made. for some reason i had rubberbanding... in a single player game!

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

I'm looking forward to Grim Dawn.

I agree, I've put in a fair amount of time into the early access so far and have really enjoyed what's present and look forward to the release of the full game.  Hoping that it's sometime this summer to late summer.

• Like 1

Finished Binary Domain, it was decent. I got the "normal" ending, I guess (both the good and the bad seem to take some deliberate effort to get).

The controls were at some points truly infuriating (the howitzer fight especially, but judging from a Youtube video of that fight it's mostly due to terrible porting as the guy seems to be able to turn a lot faster with a controller). I'd be tempted to do another play-through to get the "good" ending but some parts of the game I just don't feel like going through again right now.

I also finally finished my F:NV playthrough, only took me 4 years...and I still remembered most of the characters in the ending slides too, so good job on that one Obsidian!

Edited by marelooke
  • Like 2

Got the Trespassing achievement in Dying Light for completing all quarantine zones.  Now that that's out of the way I think I'm done with Dying Light.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I won an invite to the Skyforge Closed Beta some time back. Obsidian is doing the English localization and also involved in narrative design, so there's that extra curiosity. If you want to know what really saved Obsidian'ass after the PoE KS, look no further than the my.com client:

XXtzwsU.png

Those two contracts. (I don't anything about World of Speed, other than the title rips off TWO popular franchises at the same time. The balls!)

I don't want to write about Skyforge, it's an MMO, 'nuff said. But here's an imgur album capturing a few hours of playtime. Start browsing at the end, because the order was reversed when I put them into the album.

PS: Before the CBT rolled in, I played Master of Orion 2, and now that I'm finished with Skyforge, Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri is next. I was really in need of some 4X turn-based goodness, action games worn me out lately. I've never played with the Alien Crossfire expansion, I just realized after installing, so I have cool new factions and gameplay to look forward to.

Edited by Endrosz

The Seven Blunders/Roots of Violence: Wealth without work. Pleasure without conscience. Knowledge without character. Commerce without morality. Science without humanity. Worship without sacrifice. Politics without principle. (Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi)

Let's Play the Pools Saga (SSI Gold Box Classics)

Pillows of Enamored Warfare -- The Zen of Nodding

Whatever pays the bills.

Finished Binary Domain, it was decent. I got the "normal" ending, I guess (both the good and the bad seem to take some deliberate effort to get).

The controls were at some points truly infuriating (the howitzer fight especially, but judging from a Youtube video of that fight it's mostly due to terrible porting as the guy seems to be able to turn a lot faster with a controller). I'd be tempted to do another play-through to get the "good" ending but some parts of the game I just don't feel like going through again right now.

I also finally finished my F:NV playthrough, only took me 4 years...and I still remembered most of the characters in the ending slides too, so good job on that one Obsidian!

Liked BD so much I replayed just to get best ending. Controls get better after some minor tweaking.

Edited by HoonDing

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Dreamfail Ch 2 would only take two hours to finish if there wasn't so much inane running around. Though I've no complaints about gallivanting about 3D Marcuria, Propast is so very boring.

• Like 1

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Whatever pays the bills.

Liked BD so much I replayed just to get best ending. Controls get better after some minor tweaking.

And you sort of get used to them after a while. Though the Howitzer fight was obnoxious, I think I had to slide me mouse to the other end of my desk (actually, I think that's not even that far off...) to turn the goddamn thing 90 degrees. Thankfully it was only that one fight and some creative manoeuvring on my end managed to compensate for the insane inverse acceleration or whatever the hell was going on there.

Anyway, I moved on to the next item on my "playthroughs I really ought to finish" list: D:OS. Seems I just suck at the game, I made it to level 6 and I'm having major trouble with the Orc boss on the beach (and can't really see any other way to gain experience, all that is left are a bunch of level 7 undead (and whatever is past them). Guess I need a change of tactics, or party composition, or just keeping my tank alive long enough to keep the boss in melee, because he does far less damage that way, but my tank getting stunned *somehow* (either zapped, knocked over or knocked down) every time kinda puts a dent in that plan. Maybe I need to switch the ranger girl for Madora again. Either way, seems I'm relying far more on luck than tactics which can't really be the idea...

Been playing Dragon Age: Inquisition and took down my first dragon. I still think the writing is a bit boring. Main story isn't very interesting to me. I do admit that I like the time I spend in the Skyhold, speaking with companions and whatnot. Exploring everything is fairly fun. The areas look really nice. Having to send out scouts is a bit annoying, but I guess one can argue that it makes the world not only revolve around you doing things. Combat isn't very fun, but as I have said multiple times, I just see this as an action rpg.

The dragon I beat, I got on my first try at level 14 (me and the dragon both). I had Vivienne, Solas and Blackwall with me. What won me the fight was that I had Blackwall follow me and we pummeled it. Vivienne and Solas were set to follow themselves. This way, Solas survived the rest of the fight with 5% HP left.

Still Pier Solar and the Great Architects.  I'm well into the meat of the game now.  From a gameplay standpoint it;s still standard grindy jRPG fare.  The characters and story continue to carry it.  Most likely this game is it until PoE comes out.  I wonder if I'll finish it before that day?

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Finished New Vegas again yesterday night. Did some stuff different this time and got highly confused with the ending. It's not the first time I did the Yes-Man ending, but this time it was totally different. Had to go to a different terminal, walk a different path,... Maybe this happened because I really planned to go with Yes-Man this time? Last time it was the NCR part where I decided in the last minute to doublecross them. A bit weird, but not bad, considering I have played through this game like 5 or 6 times already.

Edited by Lexx
  • Like 1

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Dragon Age: Inquisition

Killed the dragon in the Hinterlands. 2/10 down. I tried to fight it at level 14 and the dragon was also level 14. I died.

I turned in some quests and gained a level. Upgraded my gear because I hadn't done that in 15 hours. The dragon was suddenly level 12.

Finished Fallout and watched Cole my dweller wander off into the wastelands, still touches me every time I see that ending. Looking at it from an analytical viewpoint Fallout is a masterpiece, with the Fixt content making it even more so, and one of the few games where I think streamlining worked to benefit the game rather than punish the player. It is tight, masterfully designed and free of any flab or needless excesses. There is a place for everything and the limited scope allowed more detail to be poured into what remained, ensuring a coherent and satisfying experience.

I would say it stands out as being one of my favourite game in terms of design, and I don't know if it's just me but in retrospect I now see a lot of Fallout in Torment. I hope Obsidian and Mr Cain have the chance to work on another west coast Fallout property, of course I realise that it will never be isometric and turn based again, but New Vegas was and is a towering achievement and a massive seller so I hope that there remains a possibility there.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Beat Hotline Miami 2

Really liked it, recommended for those who can handle some twitch.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

With the Linux version of Torchlight 2 coming out recently it's given me an excuse to revisit the game (I haven't played it in well over a year).  It's still as fun as I remember.  I'm playing a Cannon Engineer and it's a blast (literally and figuratively) to play.  The game doesn't quite have the depth and flexibility of Grim Dawn, but I've settled on waiting for the full version to play Grim Dawn again.  Torchlight 2 makes for a quite capable loot em up substitute until that day comes.

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks