Journalism and sexism in the games industry

LadyCrimson

If you write 20-30 articles stating much the same thing you have 20-30 articles from 'authoritative' sources that can be cited on Wikipedia or by other articles as 'proof' that GG is Anders Breivik/ ISIS/ Torqemada/ Celine Dion/ Pauly Shore/ Vlad Tepes/ Sauron/ Darth Vader/ cultural marxism is a nazi plot/ whatever; as well as the very important aim of Establishing the Narrative. So you can write 'neutral' encyclopaedic phrases like "Gamergate has been compared to ISIS, Genghis Khan, Pol Pot and Ming the Merciless [1-20] ".

It's PR 101, get the message out, stick to it, repeat it and brook no compromise. Circularising things so that it appears there is widespread or even universal (except those evil doers, of course) support is a very useful technique for that. That is how any pressure group functions. Including GG at least to an extent, though obviously more via self publishing and a few select publications rather than concerted media push; and without the obvious authoritarian preaching of the cultural marxists.

meh, still dislike cultural marxist as a term, but if it bunches the panties of the Cultural Stalinists/ SJWs it can't be all bad

Edited by Zoraptor
  • Like 1

B7m9l4a_CMAAqlh_P.png

............................................________
....................................,.-‘”...................``~.,
.............................,.-”...................................“-.,
.........................,/...............................................”:,
.....................,?......................................................\,
.................../...........................................................,}
................./......................................................,:`^`..}
.............../...................................................,:”........./
..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../
............./__.(.....“~-,_..............................,:`........../
.........../(_....”~,_........“~,_....................,:`........_/
..........{.._$;_......”=,_.......“-,_.......,.-~-,},.~”;/....}
...........((.....*~_.......”=-._......“;,,./`..../”............../
...,,,___.\`~,......“~.,....................`.....}............../
............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-”
............/.`~,......`-...............................\....../\
.............\`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....\,__
,,_..........}.>-._\...................................|..............`=~-,
.....`=~-,_\_......`\,.................................\
...................`=~-,,.\,...............................\
................................`:,,...........................`\..............__
.....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``
........................................_\..........._,-%.......`\
...................................,<`.._|_,-&``................`\

Edit: @Zoraptor - Agreed.  There is, unfortunately, some truth to the phrase "If you repeat something enough times, it becomes true."  That's a central tactic of propaganda, and it is effective.
Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I think that Amanda has watched that scene again and again for hours, just to be certain that mr. Baldwin was overjoyed saying it. I can also bet that she watched the rape scenes in 'Once upon a time in America' again and again to be absolutely certain that DeNiro was overjoyed doing it and did not refuse to doing it. 

Am i not at all subtly suggesting that she was furiously masturbating while conducting this research. Not at all.

Edited by Meshugger

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

You could have some fun with that logic though. Watch V for Vendetta, dob Hugo Weaving in for being a dangerous anarchist plotting to destroy Big Ben...

And isn't Baldwin's character actually buds with a black guy in FMJ? Haven't seen it for probably fifteen years so my recollection may be off.

If you write 20-30 articles stating much the same thing you have 20-30 articles from 'authoritative' sources that can be cited on Wikipedia or by other articles as 'proof' that GG is Anders Breivik/ ISIS/ Torqemada/ Celine Dion/ Pauly Shore/ Vlad Tepes/ Sauron/ Darth Vader/ cultural marxism is a nazi plot/ whatever; as well as the very important aim of Establishing the Narrative. So you can write 'neutral' encyclopaedic phrases like "Gamergate has been compared to ISIS, Genghis Khan, Pol Pot and Ming the Merciless [1-20] ".

It's PR 101, get the message out, stick to it, repeat it and brook no compromise. Circularising things so that it appears there is widespread or even universal (except those evil doers, of course) support is a very useful technique for that. That is how any pressure group functions. Including GG at least to an extent, though obviously more via self publishing and a few select publications rather than concerted media push; and without the obvious authoritarian preaching of the cultural marxists.

meh, still dislike cultural marxist as a term, but if it bunches the panties of the Cultural Stalinists/ SJWs it can't be all bad

Oh right. All hail the Narrative! Listen and Believe!

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

Prediction time: 

Lately Zoe Quinn has created a site for GamerGate survivors called "CrashedOverRideNetwork", which strangely enough got an article on The Verge within 48 hours of its creation. Now she has created a storify on Twitter where she talks about the connection between GamerGate and the /baphomet/ board on 8chan and what terrorists they are. There's even a thread there (i won't link it, search it yourselves due to all the NSFW going on there) where there are quite a suggestions to hack it. Turns out that half the comments are "Nopenopenope", "Nu-uh, no, no way", "Hi Zoe!" or "Honey-pot! Honey-pot!"

I bet that she will get harassed big time, get SWAT'ed or anything else that will potentially show her again as the victim, get to the news and try to destroy GG via /baphomet/ as proxy.

I hope my prediction is wrong.

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

You could have some fun with that logic though. Watch V for Vendetta, dob Hugo Weaving in for being a dangerous anarchist plotting to destroy Big Ben...

And isn't Baldwin's character actually buds with a black guy in FMJ? Haven't seen it for probably fifteen years so my recollection may be off.

Yup, Baldwin's character is the first one trying to save him as well. But that does not fit into the narrative of simpletons. 

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

Real winner, that lady.

Also wait..GamerGate survivors? Not sure survivors applies to those thriving due to something

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I believe that I may have suffered permanent cerebral damage from the amount of times i've facepalmed while reading anti-GG comments, so please donate to my Patreon. That's @RobinYu, thank you.

Edit: Can I claim that my hand is harassing me? Thinking about it there may be a possible sexual assault charge in there as well!

Edited by Nonek

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

B7m9l4a_CMAAqlh_P.png

This is the most insane thing I've read. I can't wrap my head around it at all.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

I've mostly been here and on KiA, so I haven't actually seen much when it comes to GG crazies. Everyone here and there seems to be pretty sensible.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I've mostly been here and on KiA, so I haven't actually seen much when it comes to GG crazies. Everyone here and there seems to be pretty sensible.

They consist of a select few on twitter(who seem to have died down for the most part) and King of Pol who got btfo after being an idiot.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

I believe that I may have suffered permanent cerebral damage from the amount of times i've facepalmed while reading anti-GG comments, so please donate to my Patreon. That's @RobinYu, thank you.

Edit: Can I claim that my hand is harassing me? Thinking about it there may be a possible sexual assault charge in there as well!

You're a Taiwanese 22 year old boy?!

• Like 2
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Wait. I'm not 'crazy' enough for being a GG? WTH? Then again, screw GG. LMAO I'm just anti racist sexist hateful nazi pieces of crap which SJWs and anti GGers are. :)

P.S. That Adam Baldwin thing is HILARIOUS. :D Using that as 'proof'. LMAO

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Interesting that Quinn's site professes to have white hat hackers and infosec experts. So, what they're going to start counter-hacking people ? Remarkable amount of coverage for it though, even if I am left rather unimpressed with the title. I was expecting some thing more along the naming lines of Aegis or Safe or something.

Not sure how one overrides a crash. A minor quibble though.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

She's really making a career out of this GamerGate stuff. I suspect she'll need more Patreon cash to support this noble cause.

Has anyone looked how much these guys make from Patreon btw?

Wu gets 13k a month.

If that doesn't make you wanna kill yourself, I dunno what will.

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

Its crazy that Internet Hobo is a viable career choice now

• Like 1
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

She's really making a career out of this GamerGate stuff. I suspect she'll need more Patreon cash to support this noble cause.

Has anyone looked how much these guys make from Patreon btw?

Wu gets 13k a month.

If that doesn't make you wanna kill yourself, I dunno what will.

Sadly, I would feel ashamed to make that much without working for it.Damn this integrity of mine!

• Like 1
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Its crazy that Internet Hobo is a viable career choice now

It's crazy that internet hobo who sits in their nice apartment addicted to twitter all day makes thousands more than a starving guy on the streets in one pair of dirty clothes might make from begging.

• Like 1

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

This is priceless - Bruce did you seen it? Its your utopia right here, man you would love to live in that xD

This was very funny :lol:    imagine a world that controlled....it would not be worth living 

Of course we need some laws around certain social behavior but not that extreme  

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela