Journalism and sexism in the games industry

LadyCrimson

In other news, Jonathan McIntosh recently exposed a hashtag claiming to be in support of the victims of France's recent attacks of actually being about white supremacy: https://twitter.com/adrianchm/status/554782185413439489/photo/1

Thanks McIntosh. Where would we be without your guidance?

uCN31I2.png

He truly is just an awful person. "Je Suis Charlie" has nothing to do with race. It's about freedom of speech. Not to mention not all who were killed were white.

And to no surprise also Gawker continues to be **** : http://i.imgur.com/herTaGK.jpg

Edited by kirottu

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

May the flames of Gawker's entire server structure rekindle the hopes of justice of any free man.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

In other news, Jonathan McIntosh recently exposed a hashtag claiming to be in support of the victims of France's recent attacks of actually being about white supremacy: https://twitter.com/adrianchm/status/554782185413439489/photo/1

Thanks McIntosh. Where would we be without your guidance?

uCN31I2.png

He truly is just an awful person. "Je Suis Charlie" has nothing to do with race. It's about freedom of speech. Not to mention not all who were killed were white.

And to no surprise also Gawker continues to be **** : http://i.imgur.com/herTaGK.jpg

Quote from the article Gawker published about Charlie Hebdo: "Surely journalists should at least try to take some responsibility for how bigoted, ignorant people "take the joke"."

Oh, is that what good journalists should do, Gawker? Take responsibility to for what they publish and how their actions are perceived? Take responsibility for what, for example, "a hate group" would do because of the things they publish?

Also, that FemFreq tweet is absolutely awful. Arthur Chu tweeted something similar recently, too. And they call #GamerGate the "hate group". The gall of these people.

Oh well, at least BasedGamer.com managed to get funded in time. Wonderful! Baby steps.

Looks like there is more...

1UOJqPz.png

Total Biscuit responds

ZXeB554.png

It also looks like that 8chan is back(as 8ch .net) and KiA has over 24k sea lions now.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

I just love TotalBiscuit's sardonic tone. What is the deal with 8chan btw? You cannot just remove a site without due process.

What does ICANN think of this hoopla?

Edited by Meshugger

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

What is the deal with 8chan btw? You cannot just remove a site without due process.

I don't know, but there is a ****storm brewing. 8chan/baphomet/ is apparently the new old 4chan/b/ and they haven't been pleased that someone has been DDOS:ing and whatnot their new playground.

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

Don't think McIntosh is supporting the killers,  the whitelivesmatter thing doesn't even work though - standing up for Hebdo means you...what, don't care about Boko Haram's rampage shortly afterward?

What's funny is, I doubt his activism leaves a touchscreen.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Holy ****, that's a pretty awesome twitter rant by Based Biscuit.  My favorite part was:

"Won't someone please think of the feelings of the extremists?" 

- Other extremists

The Cynical Brit at his most gloriously cynical.

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

What is the deal with 8chan btw? You cannot just remove a site without due process.

I don't know, but there is a ****storm brewing. 8chan/baphomet/ is apparently the new old 4chan/b/ and they haven't been pleased that someone has been DDOS:ing and whatnot their new playground.

Isn't /Baphomet/ the homebase of anon? Dear lord, this will end with something illegal happening and a big media blow out...and not in a good way.

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

Don't think McIntosh is supporting the killers,  the whitelivesmatter thing doesn't even work though - standing up for Hebdo means you...what, don't care about Boko Haram's rampage shortly afterward?

I know it's not literally what he said but my interpretation (and since he's a postmodernist douche, my experience is all that matters) of his tweets is a very clear "I am not Charlie because they had it coming."

I just love TotalBiscuit's sardonic tone. What is the deal with 8chan btw? You cannot just remove a site without due process.

What does ICANN think of this hoopla?

Actually, they have the domain back, but Hotwheels likes 8ch.net moar.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

I know it's not literally what he said but my interpretation (and since he's a postmodernist douche, my experience is all that matters) of his tweets is a very clear "I am not Charlie because they had it coming."

So he's arguing they deserved it because how they presented themselves? I wonder where I've heard a similar argument...

Hm ok, I was just willing to give him (and most people) benefit of the doubt before marking them as being backhanded terrorist fans :lol:  I have no doubt he may think that though, it is a line one has to walk when trying to disagree with the JeSuisCharlie stuff (f**king hashtags...)

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Can someone explain this "Baphomet" business to me?  I don't frequent 8chan, 4chan, or any other chan, so I have no clue what anyone is talking about.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Can someone explain this "Baphomet" business to me?  I don't frequent 8chan, 4chan, or any other chan, so I have no clue what anyone is talking about.

It's users from old /b/ who enjoy doxing and stuff. Best to avoid.

Is it something like the seedier crevices of Something Awful?

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Implying defamation of a group ?  Broken Sword taught me that was used to condemn the Templars.

Is it something like the seedier crevices of Something Awful?

I suppose they're somewhat similar to SA goons.

Hah! Something Awful is My Little Pony land compared to places like /b/.

Dang.  Most of Something Awful is harmless with people just poking fun and such, but there are dark corners of that place where folks don't just joke about stuff, they're into that stuff for real.  Some real sick people in those dark corners.  If /b/ is much worse than that, then I shudder to think about that.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Niche Gamer second interview with Christian Allen

NG: You mentioned the only game that should be censored is one that steals copyrighted content. Do you still hold firm in that statement, in regards to sexual/titillating games, ultra violent ones (like Hatred), etc?

CA: Absolutely. Censorship is poison, regardless of the target. Of course, that also applies to people voicing their opinion. If someone wants to declare that a particular piece of content is racist, sexist, etc., they can do that all they want. But I get to decide what kind of content I get to experience. Not someone else. It they want to make a game that looks like some schizophrenics sick fantasy, have at it. I’m not gonna buy it, but a lot more people will because of the “controversy”.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 4

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸