What you did today

LadyCrimson

Never did get the point of New Year's Eve stuff. Not sure what to do tonight, need to clean the dryer and bathroom so maybe that

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Okay, brought some booze for New Year's Eve. Bill ended up at the equivalent of 140 dollars. :yes:  I might get drunk tonight.

Edited by Rostere

"Well, overkill is my middle name. And my last name. And all of my other names as well!"

I haven't done anything today other than eat breakfast and browse the internet. I'm about to start playing Wasteland 2. Then at 12 am, I plan to drink a soda. I haven't eaten unhealthy crap for 61 days now. I will probably drink two sodas and eat chips, chocolate and cake. Then I will regret it 5 minutes later. 10 minutes later, I'll eat some more cake.

• Like 1

I haven't eaten unhealthy crap for 61 days now. I will probably drink two sodas and eat chips, chocolate and cake. Then I will regret it 5 minutes later. 10 minutes later, I'll eat some more cake.

How disappointing, a slave to your own appetite. 

:p

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

I haven't eaten unhealthy crap for 61 days now. I will probably drink two sodas and eat chips, chocolate and cake. Then I will regret it 5 minutes later. 10 minutes later, I'll eat some more cake.

How disappointing, a slave to your own appetite. 

:p

Oh, I will refrain from eating some things, but today, I will indulge my yearning for something sweet.

We  talked about going to Vegas today but it just seems like such a hassle. Instead we're going to make a homemade pizza and watch Seinfeld DVDs. Who knows where that will lead? Actually... I have a pretty good idea :thumbsup:

• Like 3

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

TN, I've been doing a Yoga/Pilates combination for the last few weeks, but I might research your program, it sounds interesting.  One nice thing is my abs are starting to show more definition, I think I might get my washboard showing by the time I go to Vegas in February.   :dancing:

I've never understood the hubbub over New Years either.  I'm dropping some friends off at the airport, and then I hope to be home and in bed by 10.  

I have moved all my vehicles away from trees, and just helped my neighbor recover his metal tarp tent that blew away.  It is crazy windy.

Have you checked for large wolves in the vicinity?

It's a tailypo

I've never understood the hubbub over New Years either.  I'm dropping some friends off at the airport, and then I hope to be home and in bed by 10.

I was never into New Years either at least until I met my wife because it's her family's biggest holiday of the year. I dunno know if it's a cultural thing or just her family

Edited by ShadySands

Free games updated 3/4/21

Tonight I plan to get drunk and do some NSFW things with the gf. Which is pretty much what I do at least 3 times a week if I'm being honest.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Getting thoroughly sozzled, Happy New Year everybody.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

I once had a lady friend obsessed with clubbing. I never understood the appeal. Buncha two leggers getting ****faced drunk, screaming in each other's ears in attempt to have meaningful convos amidst the loud and often obnoxious music.

If I'm perfectly honest I only ever club because friends club and I wanna be with them, not because I want to. New Years is actually the worst cause everything is packed with reservations.

So here I am at midnight alone watching fireworks from the stadium across from my balcony. No regrets whatsoever.

• Like 2

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

Nothing. Will see no one. Just stay home, minding my own business. Like an adult.

I'm not sure I'd call myself an adult per se, but I am a homebody who doesn't like to "party" out in public. Usually because I'd wake up in someone's living room with barely any memory of the night before. it didn't take long for me to not find that very fun anymore.

Occasionally getting trashed in my own living room...that's different. Still rare, but ... :cat:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I'm still recovering from shell-shock, you know you've succeeded throughly in terms of firework if people hide in the house and complain about the vibrations from the detonations.

• Like 6

Merry New Year, my old scraglings.

No young ladies this year. A painfully shy divorcee or two, but hazards of age, I suppose. :0

2015 should be a solid year, I feel.

• Like 1

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

2015 should be a solid year, I feel.

Solid as in staying 2015 for another 364 days? Yeah, I've got that feeling too, very solid indeed.  :p

Oh, and happy 2015 everyone, may this year suck less than the last one. 

To make sure that the new year is going to be benevolent and generous I welcomed it with a spectacular ceremony of burning lots of the finest slaves  black powder and other highly reactive chemicals. I have no doubt that a year greeted in such manner will become a spectacular success! Greatness awaits us all! 

/emotionally charged speech. 
Edited by Woldan

Happy new year good peoples! =) 

I've had my years worth of drinks, got a good buzz going, and now I've got go to bed. I've had to endure people bantering about the walking dead for the past two hours, but the hours before that made it worth it.

Also met a rare person tonight, what I would call a real gamer girl, and while I did'nt agree with her taste in games, she had a great amount of knowledge that I didn't expect! More than my other gamer friends atleast =)

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

For 25 years my friend and I would stock up on munchies etc. and spend this evening together, watching horror movies (good or bad), sometimes drinking, sometimes not. Nothing wild, just hanging out, talking about the past year, poking fun at the films and avoiding the craziness "out there." :)

She's not here anymore and that's a really big hole for me. So I'm going to curl up with one of our old cheesy faves and drink a toast to her memory then snuggle the spouse until I sleep.

Happy New Year, everyone...hope it's a good one.

• Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I'm still recovering from shell-shock, you know you've succeeded throughly in terms of firework if people hide in the house and complain about the vibrations from the detonations.

Ha! Denver and the Austrian are the most underrated comedians here.  :grin:

Edited by ManifestedISO

All Stop. On Screen.