What you did today

LadyCrimson

That's disappointing, I don't get how or why a person wouldn't support the country they are a citizen of in an international sports event. I get people don't like sports but I don't get the lack of support.

And Malc I guess you right, I do still judge people  tongue.png 

Plenty of reasons why people don't. Some don't care about the sport, some don't care about sport and the yokels getting exuberant over it - if you don't care about the subject material, why would you bother cheering or supporting any side ?  

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

That's disappointing, I don't get how or why a person wouldn't support the country they are a citizen of in an international sports event. I get people don't like sports but I don't get the lack of support.

And Malc I guess you right, I do still judge people  tongue.png 

Plenty of reasons why people don't. Some don't care about the sport, some don't care about sport and the yokels getting exuberant over it - if you don't care about the subject material, why would you bother cheering or supporting any side ?  

As I said I wouldn't expect you to watch  a sport you don't watch but to not want your country to win is just something I can't  relate to  :unsure: 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Listening to your spouse every night constantly snore, stop breathing for 15-30 seconds, snort and then start snoring again will always be a bit disturbing. I can't hang out/stay awake by his side all night tho. :(

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Sleep apnea is no joke. A good friend of mine died in his mid 30's from it. I do feel your pain wrt snoring though. If it were an Olympic event, my wife would bring home the gold. laughing.gif

There was only one time, so far, that I noticed, where he stopped breathing long enough for me to get truly scared and shake him awake. That was when I started heavily researching apnea and eventually he did the sleep clinic/study. But when the cpap didn't work he sorta stopped thinking about it again. They've made advances since and he did make one attempt recently to look into it, but he's not ... the most proactive man.
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I just found out that I slipped into an alternate universe where Frank Oz didn't die shortly before Revenge of the Sith, forcing them to use a replacement.

Apparently he's alive in well in this timeline, which we will call Universe D.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Has he ever considered a CPAP machine?

But when the cpap didn't work he sorta stopped thinking about it again.

:)

I think he was just so disappointed that it didn't do anything for him -after others telling him about how miraculous it was to their lives - he's sorta ignoring it now. There is the surgery option but that's not 100% sure either and more risky. So yeah...oh well. He has the dozens of micro-wakeups an hour and breathing stops but at least it's typically not super dangerous levels. I just worry more as we get older. :)

Moving on...this morning I went for a short walk and cleaned out the fridge. I think there was a bottle of steak sauce in there from the 1970's....

Had it become self aware ? :p

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Had it become self aware ? tongue.png

Did it have a type A-1 personality?

I don't know whether that deserves a rimshot or a shepard's crook.
  • Like 1

Had it become self aware ? :p

Did it have a type A-1 personality?

Bullseye.

• Like 2

Going to Dallas for work on Thursday. Plano actually but it's the same thing. I'm thinking of driving. I hate flying these days. It's more trouble than it's worth.

The upshot it I'm going to Texas Land & Cattle for dinner. Every night.

I am VERY envious, I have never been to Texas and I desperately  want to. I have watched loads of cooking shows about parts of Texas so I would also be eating Texas barbeque every night as well ....have a rack of ribs for me  :dancing:  :dancing:

Oh the best BBQ is right here in my home town. Texas has nothing on Memphis on that note. An North Carolina? Please. Someone needs to tell them that a mustard based sauce is an affront to nature!

• Like 2

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Going to Dallas for work on Thursday. Plano actually but it's the same thing. I'm thinking of driving. I hate flying these days. It's more trouble than it's worth.

I live about 15 minutes from there. If you have any questions, ask away.

Oh I'm quite familiar with Dallas and Plano. Ever since I got into the Mobility business I can't seem to stay away from there.

And I'm flying after all. Ugh. I'd almost rather be killed than subject myself to that.  

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I miss some of the vinegary sauces from NC

Actually the best sauce I ever tasted came from this roadside dive in Asheville NC. It was a molasses based with sweet chilies & Dr. Pepper. You could put it on your shoes and they would taste good.

Thomas Sowell

I'm being a warmer for a cat all day today. We have an office cat (in reality the boss' son's cat that he was too lazy to take care of, so it got foisted on me here at the office).

She keeps trying to find places to sit on me today.

I miss some of the vinegary sauces from NC

Yeah, I have to assume that GD is a little confused.  Mustard-based BBQ is more of a Georgia thing, no?  Carolina is all about the vinegar.

Anyhow, they all have their perks.  Personally, I find most Memphis- and KC-style sauces overly sweet-- okay for ribs, but not what I want on a shoulder or brisket.  If I'm going for a sauce on something like that, I'd prefer Carolina style.  But I also quite enjoy the Texas approach-- beef rather than pork, with a dry rub and smoke, but little or no sauce. 

Anyhow, today I drove to work over packed snow, as the DC-area federal offices remained open, despite heavier-than-anticipated snowfall coinciding with the morning rush.  I guess they were trying to pinch pennies and thought this snow would be too minor to bother treating the roads or having sufficient plow crews on standby.  It was a mess, but it gave me the chance to test out the all-wheel drive on the vehicle we bought last summer.  The car handled great, but the tire-pressure-sensor light came on for some reason, despite all the tires looking and feeling fine. 

• Like 1

Hmmm... according to The Grilling Book by Adam Rapoport & Bon Appetit (right here on the shelf next to me) we're BOTH right. Vinegar and mustard based sauce is referred to as Carolina style. Which I will agree does go better with brisket and beef but when it comes to chicken or pork, sweet is where it's at. But the truth is there are no wrong answers when it comes to that.

• Like 1

Thomas Sowell

I am VERY envious, I have never been to Texas and I desperately  want to. I have watched loads of cooking shows about parts of Texas so I would also be eating Texas barbeque every night as well ....have a rack of ribs for me  :dancing:  :dancing:

Oh the best BBQ is right here in my home town. Texas has nothing on Memphis on that note. An North Carolina? Please. Someone needs to tell them that a mustard based sauce is an affront to nature!

Its interesting  because when I watch the various cooking shows about BBQ there are always the same states that come up where you get the best BBQ 

Texas, Kansas, Tennessee and the Carolinas. It would be interesting to see a BBQ  competition between these states but I suppose at this level it comes down to a personal taste. So you will battle to find an agreed on "winner"  because they are all winners 

I just know it all looks good. Meat slowly smoked for 24 hours and  different BBQ marinades lovingly applied to brisket and ribs ...  and so tender meat just falls off the bones !!!

Yummy  :dancing:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Its interesting  because when I watch the various cooking shows about BBQ there are always the same states that come up where you get the best BBQ 

Texas, Kansas, Tennessee and the Carolinas. It would be interesting to see a BBQ  competition between these states but I suppose at this level it comes down to a personal taste. So you will battle to find an agreed on "winner"  because they are all winners 

I just know it all looks good. Meat slowly smoked for 24 hours and  different BBQ marinades lovingly applied to brisket and ribs ...  and so tender meat just falls off the bones !!!

Yummy  :dancing:

Memphis is the home of BBQ gods. All other locations are inferior compared to it's BBQ prowess.

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

Spent most morning taking my girlfriend to the hospital for severe abdominal pain. Looking like it was food poisoning of some type, but since she's had an ectopic pregnancy + miscarriage before and it coincided right with her ovulation (which has been causing discomfort since said pregnancy) I figured it was better safe than sorry since it could have been an infection, but that got ruled out thankfully. Ugh, family members die and I can't bring myself to show emotion but my girlfriend has stomach aches and I totally freak out. Guess I must really love her.

Edited by TrueNeutral
  • Like 1