What you did today

LadyCrimson

Got rushed into the ICU the previous night with Mengitis (infection in the brain), I got treated within 4 hours of the outbreak and even thrs I've never felt worse in my life.. They told me they were close ro putting me into coma for 3 days until my rebound this morning... Close call it seems.

Glad you are alright, 7 years there was an outbreak of meningitis in one of the gyms in the south of where I live. 5 people died, all of them bodybuilders and one of them was one of my best friends. The hospital initially misdiagnosed his illness and when they realized what it was it was too late

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Got rushed into the ICU the previous night with Mengitis (infection in the brain), I got treated within 4 hours of the outbreak and even thrs I've never felt worse in my life.. They told me they were close ro putting me into coma for 3 days until my rebound this morning... Close call it seems.

Good to hear that it seems to have been dealt with and it didn't catch you completely out Ros.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Thanks guys, and no Azdeus seems I have to be in here for at least 10-14days. So all the infection is killed.

Man, that sucks, here's to hoping that atleast you get cared for by many pretty nurses! :)

Edited by Azdeus

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

@Rosbjerg - very scary. I'm so glad you recovered and are on the mend.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Holy hell how do we avoid the same fate. Is it bacterial, a virus, how does this happen, kinda scared now. Glad you're getting better.

It is  a virus and its contagious, there are also two strains. But outbreaks are rare so don't worry too much

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

There's viral AND bacterial meningitis.

Thanks guys, and no Azdeus seems I have to be in here for at least 10-14days. So all the infection is killed.

Men of Copenhagen, this is your chance. The King Playa is gone for two weeks. Make your moves now!

Get well, bro.

• Like 4

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Holy hell how do we avoid the same fate. Is it bacterial, a virus, how does this happen, kinda scared now. Glad you're getting better.

Keep your immune system strong and its morale high, this will take care of most threats, it deals with even worse stuff on a daily basis.

Next time you're watching a funny sitcom laughing your butt off while drinking your beer remember your stalwart killer T-cells which never take a day off or relax.  They'll be fighting on countless front lines inside your body launching one suicide attack after another against cancer cells and other monstrosities right now

Get off your butt, give the fallen heroes a silent salute and then support your troops with fresh orange juice. 
  • Like 1

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

Had to give up orange juice, you know how much sugar is in that stuff?

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Had to give up orange juice, you know how much sugar is in that stuff?

I'd never suggest commercial fruit juices. Buy some quality oranges and make your own. 

Sugar content is the same.  They're sweet fruits.

Or just do it half and half with water (or even more towards the water side). I do that with pretty much all juice. Drinking water straight all the time gets rather boring, after all.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

That's what happens when you spend too much time on the internet.

Nah, seriously, I hope you get better. Sounds like some scary crap. Any idea what cause it?

some o' you folks might try a vodoo priestess for your medical advice 'cause you is a century or two behind the times

http://www.commoncold.org/special1.htm

http://www.eatingwell.com/blogs/health_blog/4_immune_boosting_myths_busted

http://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org/boost-your-immune-system/

etc.

eat a normal diet and get some minimal exercise and your immune system, while complete useless for things like the cold (your immune system overreacting to the cold virus is actual what causes cold symptoms) will be as effective as if you exercised multi hours per day and drank wacky kale and orange juice concoctions.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 3

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

I haven't been ill in nine and a half years so I guess I must be doing something right.

Luck, fitness and genes I'd suppose. I have'nt gone nine a half months in my life without some illness or the other. I really do envy people that rarely get ill :)

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

And what is wrong with voodoo priestesses ? Lady Shambala is worth every penny.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Luck, fitness and genes I'd suppose. I have'nt gone nine a half months in my life without some illness or the other. I really do envy people that rarely get ill original.gif

My family members aren't mutants and luck doesn't exist, especially luck that lasts for over 9 years, I'm simply making the right lifestyle choices, thats all.

So, and now I'm off sipping some orange juice and exercise like a madman. Those things are fun and fun improves my health!  :w00t:

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

Wheeeee.... 48 hour work week last week... 84 clocked over two weeks..

Man I'm tired, thank god I'm visiting home on thursday.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.