What are you playing now?

Blarghagh

I have just finished Jade Empire and I thoroughly enjoyed it. It gets a well deserved 70/100 on the much respected "BruceVC gaming barometer "

What can I say about the game, very good narrative of course. I didn't expect some of the twists and who ended up being the " bad guy" . I also enjoyed the way the game approached combat and the different martial arts style

I like Bioware games and how the gameplay works so Jade Empire provided a very entertaining experience for me :)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

The plot works, though i'm not particularly enthused about the budding romance between Anezka and Christoff, but then again he's French.

Romance? Obsession more like. I pretend that Christoph spend a month or more bedridden, giving them more time together and justifying just how strong their bond is. Otherwise there is something seriously wrong with those two kids :)

/wanders off humming: "Hey, I just met you and this is crazy, but I see you're a vampire, so bite me maybe."

• Like 1

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Fun fact:  I own Missing Link (the original, I never bought DX:HR Director's Cut, didn't see the point in it) and I've never actually played it.  For whatever reason, I've never been able to muster up the energy to revisit that game, even content I haven't seen before, despite the fact that I thoroughly enjoyed DX:HR when I played it.

I'm still playing Pirate Creed, but I'm starting to run out of steam.  I've thoroughly enjoyed what I've played, for the most part, but there's just too much of it.  I now have two conflicting desires battling it out in my brain.  Part of me is telling me to forget all the optional stuff and just do the main story missions to finish the game as quickly as possible.  The completionist in me wants to power through and finish absolutely everything to 100% completion.  I could set the game aside for a week or two again, but if I do that, knowing myself, the probability is high I'll never return to the game, especially with Wasteland 2 releasing next week, so I gotta finish it, one way or another, soon.  There's just too much damn content in that game.  Gah, I'm so conflicted.

#FirstWorldProblems

All AC games eventually get to that point, the sub quests start to get a little  tiresome. The moment you start feeling like that just focus on the main quest

Apt enough that DX feels like the complete opposite of AC then. I loved doing the little things in DXHR while wandering around both the Detroit and Hengsha hubs. But the actual core missions were an absolute chore and burnt me out, so much so that I just quit the game once I knew the hubs were done with,

Never played Missing Link either.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

...Vampire the Masquerade: Redemption. I quite like it, though it's dialogue is a touch too verbose and tends to drag, as well as indulging in too many thees, thous and doths.

It's period; and that's the current period.

Edited by Gizmo
  • Like 1

Down the line, the only Xbox exclusive I can think of that I'd be interested in playing is the new Halo.  But that's not enough to sway me.

Bungie just made Destiny for both consoles, so I'm not sure what their relationship is with Microsoft anymore.

The new Halo (and the last Halo as well as Anniversary) aren't made by Bungie.
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

...Vampire the Masquerade: Redemption. I quite like it, though it's dialogue is a touch too verbose and tends to drag, as well as indulging in too many thees, thous and doths.

It's period; and that's the current period.

Mm. But some of the most enjoyable writing comes along when Christof tries to adapt to modern English. ..Where cans't our band procure weapons and armor in this village, good.. er.. sir.

Basically, plus ca change..

• Like 1

The injustice must end! Sign the petition and Free the Krug!

Finally took down a man o' war in Pirate Creed, a couple, in fact (not at the same time).  It wound up being easier than I thought.  It doesn't hurt that my ship is relatively close to maxed out.  A couple mortar shots from long range while I charged the man o' war, followed by ramming it, then unloaded broadside cannons and it was all she wrote.  The man o' was never had a chance to do much damage to me.  The second one didn't go quite as smoothly, but it still didn't manage to damage me much.  I'm at 65% completion now.  I'm most likely going to power through and get to 100% completion, I'm too close to the finish line to give up and take the easy route now.

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Grabbed Banished for $6 from the Humble Store. Was doing well then suddenly everyone started dying of starvation.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Playing CK2 until about right now, waging a slow conquest of England having earlier formed Wales (with my capital in Northumberland, y'know, oop in Newcastle), when suddenly the Byzantine Empire fell into my lap via inheritance - apparently my husband who earlier somehow fluked his way into being elected Emperor changed the law to Primogeniture late into his reign and thus saddled my heir with the lot. And it's a powerful Byzantine Empire to boot, having expanded both east and west. It's kind of put a hard stop on my playthrough, because I'd have liked to try to build an empire of my own instead of having it thrust on me. :| I probably should have done more to try to get one of my younger kids as the heir to Wales so I could have kept going normally, but yeah, hindsight.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Missing Link was amazing as a DLC. Haven't played the Director's Cut enough to see how it was integrated.

It's put in between Hengsha and Singapore, which is where it belongs of course story-wise. It's more the momentum of the story that kinda feels weird when you get this pretty big new chapter to the story just as you're sorta getting ready for the end-game.

Just finished Gunpoint, a small but excellent little puzzle/platform game. Superfun.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

Just reached level 21 in Destiny. Game is a pretty easy grind if you complete bounties, but the leveling system changes drastically after level 20

I didn't even know it leveled past 20!

Yes, after 20, levels depend on light stat points, which is how good your gear is, so you have to keep upgrading your guns and armor

• Like 1

Just reached level 21 in Destiny. Game is a pretty easy grind if you complete bounties, but the leveling system changes drastically after level 20

Best class?  I'm using a Warlock (or whatever it's called) my first time around.

Do the classes actually play differently?  Or is it basically just the same feel of character with different looking armor?

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Oh, just because I have 17 reputation I'm suddenly too good for you, Dorn. Jerk.

I just want to kill someone to lower my reputation. And I know if you point them out for me they won't be related to another quest. It's win/win, buddy.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Best class?  I'm using a Warlock (or whatever it's called) my first time around.

Do the classes actually play differently?  Or is it basically just the same feel of character with different looking armor?

To me, they feel different, but it's not a gigantic difference. I'm level 25 right now and i just got my 2nd exotic,  a helmet. If i get another strange coin i might even buy the third exotic. :) edit: oh i'm playing warlock first as well, prefer the Sunsinger subclass with its self revival super and stuff. :) 

Edited by Majek
  • Like 1

1.13 killed off Ja2.

God Hand -- One of the most fun and challenging beat 'em ups ever -- It's a load of fun though despite how simplistic its design might look but I think it was designed as such with an ironic sense of retro camp. Much like Shinji Mikami's other games and Suda51.

To me, they feel different, but it's not a gigantic difference. I'm level 25 right now and i just got my 2nd exotic,  a helmet. If i get another strange coin i might even buy the third exotic. :) edit: oh i'm playing warlock first as well, prefer the Sunsinger subclass with its self revival super and stuff. :)

I'm a Titan, as I prefer the traditional shooter class. I also just joined the Future War Cult, as they enable faster recharge of grenades and power strikes. Now I'm just trying to grind for faction gear.

Also Gamespot just gave this game a 6 lol

And i just learned a difficult lesson. You can only have 1 exotic armor piece equiped at once. And one weapon. ... so i just spent 13 strange coins for an exotic i won't use all the time. :( So when i find new legendary engrams they better give me legendary gear and nothing exotic. :grin:

1.13 killed off Ja2.