What are you playing now?

Blarghagh

Lost interest in making my little arcade game. So I started up Starfox Adventures. This game is pretty cheesy.

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

Got the urge to re-play MGS 1 and 2 after watching Giant Bomb's in-progress Endurance Run of Metal Gear Solid 1.

I think people can say what they will about how the surface level plot was executed, but second only to Planescape: Torment, I don't think there's any game whose gameplay and narrative takes advantage of its medium as well as it does. And now I realise I liked the series better when it was Post-Modern weird up to MGS2 than when it became regular Japan weird after that.

And, it's a bit mindblowing in a sense that seven years before Mass Effect, Commander Shepard was a whiny teenage computer whiz spouting Anon conspiracy theories.

Edited by Agiel
“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

I'm at 83% completion in Pirate Creed and should be really close to the end of the game.  I'll almost certainly finish the story when I get home tonight, though I probably won't get 100% completion.  Do you need to get 100% sync on all the main story missions to 100% the game?

Either way, I'll be done with this game after tonight.  Gotta clear my schedule for Wasteland 2:dancing:

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Have I told you that I hate mind flayers? It's not helped by the fact that I know of no spell that totally prevents int damage.

Also Minsc is my front line. And his int is like 8. Three chomps and he's gone.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Destiny.

Level 19 Titan. Strikes, Patrols, The Crucible...this game is loads and loads of fun. Add me if you're playing it on the PS4: Astiaks
We can do Strikes n' stuff together, and maybe we can form an Obsidian clan and do raids together!  :dancing:

Edited by Cat Food

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Have I told you that I hate mind flayers? It's not helped by the fact that I know of no spell that totally prevents int damage.

Haste and improved invisibility works well.

Damn, it's honestly been about ten years and I still remember that  :sweat:

Haste and improved invisibility works well.

Damn, it's honestly been about ten years and I still remember that  :sweat:

So does protection from evil, chant, aid, free action, chaotic commands. But sometimes they swarm. Or there's only one of them and I totally don't want to blow a bunch of spells on one guy, but they get lucky and it's ARGH.

So does protection from evil, chant, aid, free action, chaotic commands. But sometimes they swarm.

Summons.

Or there's only one of them and I totally don't want to blow a bunch of spells on one guy, but they get lucky and it's ARGH.

I know it's lame to abuse resting and save/loading but when dealing with those cthulhu bastards I see nothing wrong with it :)

I have four skeleton summons quickbarred on Viconia just for that. Feels pretty cheap though.

Dragonfall is out? I have to test the perf on that, see if it runs better or worse than the original.

Playing some Storm of Zehir, always good for a replay I think. Though rolling with a fairly standard party. 4 main chars are Rogue (overmap leader), Fighter, Wizard (who just took some levels of Arcane Scholar of Candlekeep) and Cleric. Picked up the Druid henchman as well as Chir (wizard) but I don't know if I'll keep them.

It's a fun game if one feels like playing something like it. Would've *loved* it if OEI could've devoted an entire game-budget to something like it.

• Like 3

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

Tried the Dragonfall DC for a few minutes. Combat feels interesting- the flanking is a nice adition, I have no idea what all the other stuff is, though (armor?). Also the new ui is good. I hate that original ui so much, because it was a crazy clickfest.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."