What are you playing now?

Blarghagh

I think Obsidian is peerless currently in the isometric arena. With Tim Cain and this awesome friendship with inXile, they've become like Barcelona in 2009. A mix of talent, experience and enthusiasm which I believe can make them surpass all their contemporaries.

They wouldn't need to regress into first-person when isometric needs/deserves the renaissance 1st Person had in early 2000s.

There is something both poetic and voyeuristic in games which let you see a given area like a drone hovering 50m above the ground, what all your team wears, says. It removes the personal immersion of a 1st person, and adds a game-world immersion, something the non-linear adventuring rpg most needs.

I have just  finished Rage and it was really entertaining, it gets a solid 70/100 on the much respected " BruceVC gaming rating barometer "

I liked there interpretation of a post-apocalyptic world. The cities were well designed from an artistic perspective. The quests were varied and exciting and I enjoyed the usage of the various weapons and the crafting. I enjoyed the combat but felt the auto-heal made it a little easy

The only criticism was at the end, it seemed to just suddenly end with no big bad end boss fight . You also didn't get to find out much about the Authority and what motivates there leadership

But apart from that the game did deliver on the entertainment front :)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I just beat Kirby's Dream Land 1 & 2. Moving on to 3. Having a great time. After I beat 3 I might just start up my old Kirby Super Star also known as 'Kirby's Fun Pack' in Europe. Today has been a good day!

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

"I think Obsidian is peerless currently in the isometric arena."

No.

I agree. IWD1/IWD2 were okay, and PS:T was... interesting, but as far as I'm concerned BG2 remains the best isometric game by a lot.

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

The plus side is that we can also safely say that Black Isle didn't make Descent to Undermountain.

I'd like to know how Chris Avellone feels about that masterpiece these days :p

Started playing the first Broken Sword for the first time. I think it's safe to say I like it since it's suddenly 02:00 AM...

I believe the original statement said "currently peerless", funnily enough...

Not that there's anybody out there who's made more than 1 or 2 isometric CRPGs in the last 5 years (Obsidian included), so it's really hard to say. 

I'm learning a valuable lesson later on in Destiny: Don't waste glimmer/weapons parts/materials on lower level green or even blue items.  You'll need a LOT of them when you've found purple or yellow items in order to upgrade them to their fullest potential.  I've had to do a lot of scrounging for parts for my purple armor and yellow helmet, parts that I'd used earlier on green and blue items I no longer use.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Some of the custom mods and skins for Freedom Force are very good, extremely high quality and dedicated work by the modders. Adds a whole new aspect to the base game.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

I'm learning a valuable lesson later on in Destiny: Don't waste glimmer/weapons parts/materials on lower level green or even blue items.  You'll need a LOT of them when you've found purple or yellow items in order to upgrade them to their fullest potential.  I've had to do a lot of scrounging for parts for my purple armor and yellow helmet, parts that I'd used earlier on green and blue items I no longer use.

Am I missing something, because I felt in the beta and alpha of the game, getting into groups was much easier, but getting through 3/4 of the moon missions now, I've only played one area with a friend which I had to invite from the get go.  I will say one of the biggest faults of this game is the setup of the multiplayer component and how hard it can be to play with others on story missions.

Demogorgon is dead! And he's also sealed, because there's a short window to do both.

Took a few tries and I actually beat him three times, but someone like Minsc or Jaheira would die after he did and I just wouldn't have any of that. Almost had a death on the final kill, exeunt pursued by Glabrezu.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Am I missing something, because I felt in the beta and alpha of the game, getting into groups was much easier, but getting through 3/4 of the moon missions now, I've only played one area with a friend which I had to invite from the get go.  I will say one of the biggest faults of this game is the setup of the multiplayer component and how hard it can be to play with others on story missions.

I'm not entirely sure what you mean about how hard it is to play with others on story missions.

I've only played with one friend so far, but it didn't seem like an issue to me.  He joined my fire team while I was still at the Tower, then we simply selected which missions we wanted to play.

Do you mean friends or random strangers joining a story mission while you're already in the middle of it?  Even then, my friend just popped up on the map I was playing on one time.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Playing Morrowind atm and created a new character named Thom the Bard. Going with WoT influence but have Thom as a younger version of himself but basically in rands position and see him learn and become entrenched in the game of houses in morrowind using no armor, daggers and throwing knives, and his wits to manipulate people into doing what he needs done.

So far its been very entertaining when trying to talk ur way out or sneak by instead of just slash slash away at everything. Gave him illusion for the calm spell. I have never had this many people still alive in dungeons ever lmao. I still dunno what im gonna do about how he will deal with Dagoth Ur and the Tribuneral. Will he side with his reincarnates friend, side with those who betrayed him for the sake of all, or just lay to rest everybody and walk away.

Ill let the character figure it out whenever he comes across it.

Can you log in yet? Queus were 3000 last I heard

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

My cousin convinced me to try Archeage with him.

I feel a bit like this:

brendan-rodgers-008.jpg

But I will give it a shot.

I have a gut feeling you will be feeling even more like that after trying it out. It is a Korean MMO after all.

Edited by Slinky