What are you playing now?

Blarghagh

Completed Old World Blues. It was decent. Fights were annoying until you got the proton ace. More fetch quests than I wanted to see. I still had fun.

There is one technical problem that started today: The game would crash while fast travelling or transitioning into a new area. I have never had this problem before. I hope it was an OWB problem.

I started up Pirate Creed again.  Afer a couple weeks of not playing the game I was stuck in a weird funk of some things being very familiar and some things being foreign.  After a bit I re-learned all the controls and tricks again (quite quickly).  I then did an assassination mission and a naval mission on the way to my next main mission target, the get the medicine mission,  I had no idea, but b eating this triggered the boring as **** present day crap, and , being the completionist I am, I took the time to hack every console I could find with my newly acquired level 2 access.  It was boring, but I got it done, now I can go back to doing pirate type stuff.

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Heh, somehow nobody likes this present timeline stuff, but they keep adding it to their games. Imo they should never have added this sci-fi part to the game.

• Like 2

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Heh, somehow nobody likes this present timeline stuff, but they keep adding it to their games. Imo they should never have added this sci-fi part to the game.

I liked the Desmond stuff, especially in 3. They could easiy do a modern day AssCreed using the ring you find as Connor doing the Captain Kidd stuff that deflects bullets and Precurser tech/googleglass type stuff to simulate mini maps and such.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

That's why i expected when the news of the first game came out.  yes i didn't pay much attention. The thought of playing around during the Third crusade just overshadowed everything else.

1.13 killed off Ja2.

I wish they would just drop all the asinine Assassin vs. Templar story altogether.  Just make open-ish world parkour games with sneaky sneaky and occasional stabbing.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I liked it up through Brotherhood.
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Bielefeld won the Euro Cup, 7-5 over Inter, any joy I have at that evaporates as I know the game let me win. Still playing Diablo 3 currently, rather addictive to hold out hope I'll get a legendary - got good luck as I manned up and took on T1.

Also TLAD sucks, not much to do. Still think the core game was the best, TBoGT a close second.

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Powered through a lot of BG2: EE and still have so much left to do. I hit Haer'Dalis and Keldorn's introductions in particular and have to say that I miss the spectacle these games are giving me. Visiting other worlds and lost underground temples. What do the fancy 3D RPGs have? Long tunnels of the same texture? Blah I say!

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Decided to drop my Witch Doctor and go with a Wizard.  Got tired of my summons doing the work and me just walking around.

Me: "Oh look a monster...oh wait, its dead.  Oh another one, oh dead too...

...and again...

...and that mob died before I saw it...

...oh that's a boss monster, finally I get to do something"

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

That giant zombie thing they get is OP.

Speaking of which, I recently got an epic gem that adds something like 2100% weapon damage in the form of poison (Ive upgrade it to ~2650%). Combined with my Bolas (AoE damage) Im just laying waste to everything. Granted, Im only playing Torment II, but its still pretty cool to watch entire rooms get poisoned from one shot. :biggrin:

• Like 1

Amentep: Hehe! Then you shan't try Path of Exile, and some of the witch builds. There are so many summons from one witch that they cover screens and lag down the entire server. :lol:

Yeah, to be honest I like the concept of the Witch Doctor, but I've never really used the necromancer in Diablo II; I did used the Druid but not really as a summoner.

So yeah I'd probably avoid the Witch in Path of Exile... :)

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

The Witch Doctor in D3 was an early favourite of mine, but that was before patch 1.01, when Torment was extremely hard from Act 2 and onwards, and it only used self-found stuff, no auction house whatsoever, so I had to give up. I was literally stuck. Then, still before 1.01, I rolled a monk, and its survivability was great, so at least I could take the punishment in torment, which meant it began farming stuff for my other character. And from patch 1.03, I began using the gold auction house, and that pretty much became the game from there on. It was far easier to snipe stuff at auctions, then play the game, so I quite. RoS really saved the D3 fun for me. it was there that I could try out all the characters for real. In D2, I went for a boring barbarian, but later, I tried, the necromancer, which I really adored. I'd love to see the Necromancer return in D3. :)

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

Heh, I'm still working on Hard.  I've never been a "jump into the deep end of the pool" difficulty wise.

So far I've liked the Crusader, kinda liked the Barbarian, liked the Monk, didn't like the Demon Hunter (but haven't played a lot), liked the Witch Doctor conceptually but got bored by having summons doing all of the work and liked the Wizard.

Right now my I have a Wizard going through the story in hard and I've been exploring the Adventure mode with my monk and crusader.

I'll probably go back and recreate a Barbarian at some point (I'd deleted all of my previous characters at one point, and when I decided to poach the Witch Doctor's int boosting items for my Wizard, I deleted that character too).

Truth be told, in D3 RoS all characters have the potential to be quite fun, very much thanks to the cool legendary items you can find from level 60 (and especially level 70) and onwards. They are all pretty distinct, and the attention to detail is superb. 

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

Most fun build in D3 is the Palpatine one. Just lightning everywhere, almost feel like cackling as I use it, not caring that it's sub-optimal.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I love those parts, in fact in the last couple of ACs that was what I was most looking forward to when playing the game.

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

Super House of Dead Ninjas

Game is so, so good. But left thumb is so, so sore. There is something immensely satisfying about slicing enemies fast enough that you trigger Rage mode and then can use the invincibility to rush through almost Super meatboy levels of sadistic sections at times, slicing up more enemies, further extending the invincibility period. And then (if you haven't already unlocked almost everything like I have) after one play session you can go back to the lodge and see that you've unlocked several new weapons, ranged items, bombs and magic spells and those will make your character play very differently the next time