[Possible Spoilers] Pillars of Eternity will be livestreamed at Gamescom

^see that little green thing in the upper right hand corner? That's a pig-monster. It's on all the tiers from $50 on up.

To be fair, it's a little hard to tell that represents "You get an in-game pet!" when everything else has clear descriptions, and that's placed completely differently and lacks a textual description in the "what you get with your tier" graphic.

It must be a legendary pig-monster, since it's the only item on the graphic that needs a legend. :)

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

Sensuki - The breastplate for the females was using an incorrect shader, it has now been updated and brought inline with the males. We are now focusing on character art polish and revision, which should be fluidly updated throughout the beta. There will be art in the beta that is buggy and even ugly upon launch, but it is being addressed. Your comments are seriously appreciated! I will also gladly answer any questions you may have, time permitting. 

The "Fantasy" thing - In Eternity we err on the side of functional/realistic, with slight embellishment, for our armor design. THAT SAID, what you are looking at in character creation is the basic starting gear which will progress into a more fantasy and nuanced design. There are lots and lots of outfits that characters will find throughout the game. I promise upper-tier characters will look adequately decked out and stand apart from everyone else in the world. 

F_BP_revA.jpg

• Like 14

Sensuki - The breastplate for the females was using an incorrect shader, it has now been updated and brought inline with the males. We are now focusing on character art polish and revision, which should be fluidly updated throughout the beta. There will be art in the beta that is buggy and even ugly upon launch, but it is being addressed. Your comments are seriously appreciated! I will also gladly answer any questions you may have, time permitting. 

The "Fantasy" thing - In Eternity we err on the side of functional/realistic, with slight embellishment, for our armor design. THAT SAID, what you are looking at in character creation is the basic starting gear which will progress into a more fantasy and nuanced design. There are lots and lots of outfits that characters will find throughout the game. I promise upper-tier characters will look adequately decked out and stand apart from everyone else in the world. 

attachicon.gifF_BP_revA.jpg

Are the Aumaua supposed to have skin that doesn't match their face? In the beta video the blue faced Aumaua had white arms/hands.

Nice update, thanks!  I had a feeling the shader was off as it implied the breastplate curved in but the design of the breastplate clearly curved out at the center.

In

, Adam plays like a different person.  He didn't even try to pause and let the wizard execute a trick to save himself but in the Twitch session but he saved the rouge just in time.

Why five member party (instead of six)?  The fighter seems to be capable of holding line but the paladin doesn't seem to be as good as the fighter is.  Due to the aura ability, I would probably like to have a paladin in the middle of the party, while giving it long-reach/ranged weapons, probably side by side with a priest.  I'd like to have another fighter or a monk (with its wounds ability) for the possible sixth slot.

Is the reason why Adam let the fighter use the arbalest (BTW, nice animation!) rather than holding the ogre is that it is hard for even a fighter to hold it?  For, form the look of it, he didn't use the same tactics as he used for the spider-instead, he tried not to let the ogre focus on a single target-at least, till it finally caught the paladin (and subsequently brought quite a punishment to her).  Nice that I didn't see kiting (probably thanks to the recovery mechanism) but I still suspect that the ranged might turn out to be quite dominant as long as the players manage to exploit the opponent AI by, for instance, surrounding a single opponent.  Also, waiting to see how the ranger-animal companion combination would work out, too (I mean, the animal companions are melee and share their vitality resource with the rangers).

Paladin's Zealous Charge felt like a must.  Is there any other way to speed up the whole party, at least, while they are in safe areas?

Is that possible for the players to check the combat log after the party being defeated?

Edited by Wombat
  • Like 1

Cheers for the reply. Thanks for taking what I said correctly, the topic of the female chest area in games is a touchy one so I knew I'd be raising a few eyebrows bringing that issue up, but it was literally like the first thing I saw off in the video.

I still think a more curved look would give better uniformity with the other "larger breasted" armors, such as the chain, just so that it looks a bit more believable that the female model would be able to fit herself into the plate.

I'm going to be doing a video let's play and article for the RPGCodex and I'm going to do a pretty lengthy section on the character creation, so I'll quite happily cycle through every piece of character art available and see if I can find anything else that feels out, and I'll paste you the link / post it here.

Keep up the great work.

SkkzCw6.jpg

Photoshopped by evdk of RPGCodex.

Edited by Sensuki
  • Like 2

Really happy with the game so far. Of course there's room for minor adjustments  (some animations etc) but overall PoE is looking very promising. Additionally, I'm glad we get a piglet! If memory serves, there was a pet thread ages ago and I was hoping for a pet pig or a boar (can't remember) with a top hat and all we need now is a top hat! :D

Edit: And yes, the arbalest animation looks really neat!

Edited by Forlorn Hope
  • Like 2

"Maybe your grandiose vocabulary is a pathetic compensation for an insufficiency in the nether regions of your anatomy."

This one actually shows the ogre. Added bonus: no annoying Twitch guy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oM7zCl_cJuk

The coolest thing I took from this video is the animations of winding the crossbow before being able to shoot again. I never seen it done this realistic :)

It is so cool, I just might try to make a whole party use crossbow as a main weapon :D

Edited by archangel979
  • Like 1

That's not a Crossbow, that's an Arbalest.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arbalest

"The term arbalest is sometimes used interchangeably with crossbow. "Arbalest" is a Medieval French corruption from the Roman name arcuballista, which was then used for crossbows, although originally used for types of artillery; Modern French uses the word arbalète, which is linguistically one step further from the stem (disappearance of the s phoneme in the last syllable before t). The word applies to both crossbow and arbalest (the latter may be referred to as a heavy crossbow, but an actual heavy crossbow may not be the same as an arbalest). In some cases, the word has been used to refer to the people who actually used the weapon."

I think wikipedia just said that it doesn't really matter which word you use :p

• Like 1

This one actually shows the ogre. Added bonus: no annoying Twitch guy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oM7zCl_cJuk

One of the party members has a light over his head, sometimes red and sometimes blue. What's that?

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat: