[Possible Spoilers] Pillars of Eternity will be livestreamed at Gamescom

Karkarov: That was the first thing I noticed. See my first post here before I failed my Will save. It's interesting. I think Josh wants us to play around heavily with all kinds of builds, and I love doing stuff like that. :)

Edited by IndiraLightfoot
  • Like 1

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

Karkarov: That was the first thing I noticed. See my first post here before I faile dmy Will save. It's interesting. I think Josh wants us to play around heavily with all kinds of builds, and I love doing stuff like that. :)

I didn't get to the stream until right before the wrath of the beetles began :(

I guess we will be able to make that dumb as a brick muscle mage who can't cast spells worth a flip.

I would prefer it they reduce the size of the breasts of the godlike in chainmail. They're stupidly huge it's rather... jarring to see.

No way. Big boobs are earners man, apparently men tip 30% more and women tip 40% more if a waitress in the service industry has large breasts.

Imagine the extra gold you'd get from quest rewards!

Oh! Now I know why Obsidian had pigs being stolen by an ogre. Sows are huge, fat, and well, they have teats, lots of them:

Average pigs have 10 to 12 teats, some as few as 8 teats.

Good breeder pigs have 14 teats.

Superior breeder pigs have 16 teats.

• Like 1

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

Hmm, yeah, they seem to be size of her head. Which is... Well, I guess they are at least visible in isometric perspective xP But yeah, they are ridiculously huge

The best adventurers have big boobs because they get more quest gold. In a society where men and women aren't 100% equal, this balances out the salary difference between men and women completely

codextrollface.png

Edited by Sensuki

To further drive my point home, here is the MALE and FEMALE versions of Plate

Untit46464ed.jpg

The male version has a proper curve, and the female version is completely flat

Is the artist trolling?

Use the same curve on the female, and bob's your uncle.

The male model is rotated slightly, so the front curve is more visible. The female model has a distinctly pinched waist, making it look more feminine.

It doesn't look like you're really driving your point home; more to the contrary.

Hmm, yeah, they seem to be size of her head. Which is... Well, I guess they are at least visible in isometric perspective xP But yeah, they are ridiculously huge

The best adventurers have big boobs because they get more quest gold. In a society where men and women aren't 100% equal, this balances out the salary difference between men and women completely

codextrollface.png

So what you are saying is they are carrying their weight Sensuki?  *PUN PUN PUN*!!!!

Okay I will stop now.

codextrollface.png

But what about people with different tastes? :( Or what if player wants to have different body types in party?

The male model is rotated slightly, so the front curve is more visible. The female model has a distinctly pinched waist, making it look more feminine.

It doesn't look like you're really driving your point home; more to the contrary.

I'll see if I can get a better cap, but it literally looks like they've used the same proportions for the grey model as the chain, they've just removed the upper chest area. To me it just doesn't look right and a curved version like the male plate would look much better.

Edited by Sensuki

To further drive my point home, here is the MALE and FEMALE versions of Plate

Untit46464ed.jpg

The male version has a proper curve, and the female version is completely flat

Is the artist trolling?

Use the same curve on the female, and bob's your uncle.

Dang, I said exact same thing, but you said it better <_<

Dang my limited vocabulary!

I'll see if I can get a better cap.

Nah, no need. I was late to comment anyway and beta is just around the corner. We'll have plenty of ammunition for criticism then.

• Like 1

Anyway, just in case someone in future comes after this discussion is over and wants to say "How those big ass boobs fit inside that platemail, that makes no sense" I'd like request them to watch videos on how sport bras work before they make that comment <_< Seriously

• Like 3

Undgdgdtitled.jpg

Here's a version with both the models in the default viewing angle.

Undgdgdtitled.jpg

I don't think you could fit those knockers in that chest plate, you'd need a bigger one (like the male plate curve). If the curve clearly seen in the middle of the plate was brought out a bit more, then that would probably make it look more believable.

Edited by Sensuki
  • Like 1

So one big thing I did just notice rewatching like Pidesco....  The stat minimums are much lower... also the Female Fire Godlike heads were the same regardless of the race you choose.  All race effected was the scaling of the head in relation to the body.  Sort of sad but I will be okay, they look pretty freaky already.  Especially that Moon Godlike.

So the Godlike stat line started at 3 might, 3 con, 4 dex, 3 perception, 4 int, and 4 resolve.  Gotta assume godlike gets a +1 to dex, int, and resolve and no penalties?

The resolve bonus is from the aedyr culture while the int and resolve bonuses are from being a godlike.

• Like 2

The amount of attribute points you get now is much better. Much more "D&D" style arrays.

I'm not big on the fact that monsters currently can't see you when they are like 10-15 metres away.

Edited by Sensuki

I don't think you could fit those knockers in that chest plate, you'd need a bigger one (like the male plate curve).

Umm... Well, I don't know about unrealistically large breasts that are as huge as footballs, but I'm willing to give it benefit of the doubt even though they are unrealistically large

Don't please force me to find video on sport bras <_< Please, just trust me on that boobs are malleable. They are made out of fat after all

The resolve bonus is from the aedyr culture while the int and resolve bonuses are from being a godlike.

Good catch!  Pretty sure you meant Dex and Int were from Godlike though.  Not a big deal, typos happen, we all know I make enough of them.

• Like 1

Magnificent! *weeps*

Now that I've seen a larger scale battle, I do agree about the "lack of (idle) animation" thing that Sensuki and others been rapping about.  I haven't noticed it before. The battle does feel static, with skill effects and hits suddenly "erupting".

Everything else was fine by me.

• Like 2

The Seven Blunders/Roots of Violence: Wealth without work. Pleasure without conscience. Knowledge without character. Commerce without morality. Science without humanity. Worship without sacrifice. Politics without principle. (Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi)

Let's Play the Pools Saga (SSI Gold Box Classics)

Pillows of Enamored Warfare -- The Zen of Nodding

Yeah that is what I was thinking.

"If this is easy against a bunch of mook beatles you can kiss a solo playthrough goodbye."

See, this is one of the reasons why I'm having trouble containing my excitement! Say what you want about the value of nostalgia, but it totally dictates perception.

I just watched this video. Just saw Adam's party get wiped. And while he was fighting, the only thing that was running through my mind was memories of IWD's and BG's tough battles, and all the strategies I used to use to get through the nastier encounters in those games. As it stands, even though I've never played PoE, I STILL immediately saw all the fundamental mistakes Adam was making. He had a party of 5 but never once employed focus fire. His mage had Fireball - AND - the enemy was clustered together at a distance....but he never cast it! (edit: well he cast it once, but his party didn't take advantage of it) He let his party get surrounded, over and over. I did not see his rogue use a single activated rogue skill. Nor his fighter using the knockdown ability.

These are the same kinds of mistakes that will cause total party wipes in the IE games.

God Damn, I can't wait to get my hands on the beta! And after I play it a few dozen times, I will PROVE it can be soloed on any difficulty.

Edited by Stun
  • Like 6

To be honest, I was skeptical when I first saw the large character model at character creation because it seemed like lip service to fans who wanted elements from a very different type of RPG, and it was always going to be unnecessary and a little bit crap to boot - not a great combination. I would have just gone with gameplay-size models which would have almost certainly avoided the issue that has been brought up; not to mention also avoiding looking rough-around-the-edges more generally.