[Possible Spoilers] Pillars of Eternity will be livestreamed at Gamescom

This one actually shows the ogre. Added bonus: no annoying Twitch guy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oM7zCl_cJuk

I really dislike like that it doesn't show that the game is paused on the UI, what I mean is that I dislike the lack of any animation in the UI that changes when the game is paused and unpaused (like the globe in IWD2 or the clock mechanism in BG2). I know it's not a big thing, but for some reason it bugs me to no end.

Other then that everything else is great.

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

This one actually shows the ogre. Added bonus: no annoying Twitch guy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oM7zCl_cJuk

I really dislike like that it doesn't show that the game is paused on the UI, what I mean is that I dislike the lack of any animation in the UI that changes when the game is paused and unpaused (like the globe in IWD2 or the clock mechanism in BG2). I know it's not a big thing, but for some reason it bugs me to no end.

Other then that everything else is great.

A see-through black area comes up on the bottom 1/4 of the screen and it says game paused, I think they could do something different like the globe compared to that black area though...but for me it isn't a big deal since it at least has something

Edited by Bli1942

Another stream should be on in 30 minutes, I think.

Yeah, that's right. I reckon the best place to see it is on the same twitch channel as last time, given that the program times are all laid out and PoE is on the list.

Edited by Panteleimon

This interviewer seems to be much better.

Edit: Big head Mode!

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Hmm, Twitch refused to work for me until the last minute. :(

When a vid link is available, can someone please post it here? :p

Edited by IndiraLightfoot

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

Much more impressive showing today, the Ogre got quite the owning.  Sassy has her revenge!  I did notice some really strange animation issues on the mage though.  Like he would cast a spell, the spell would just "happen", then he would stick his hand out like he was throwing it AFTER the spell was already launched.  Looked really weird.  I think the animation problem is being exacerbated by the fact that Adam was pausing A LOT so you might see a character only twitch like 2 times in 5-6 seconds of screen time simply because 4 of those 6 seconds was spent paused.  I do think the characters need to have a little more "bounce" to them though, they just seem a little stiff.

AI wise it is hard to tell what is going on.  Maybe there is just no AI in the game, maybe there is but until you configure it your characters all behave in "manual" mode, but the characters did need a crap ton of micro managing.  They literally did just stand there doing nothing unless you ordered them to do something.  In the case of the Ogre this was helpful but in the case of the other mobs it just seemed odd.  Playing around with that stuff (if it is even in game) will be a top beta priority.

• Like 2

Much more impressive showing today, the Ogre got quite the owning.  Sassy has her revenge!  I did notice some really strange animation issues on the mage though.  Like he would cast a spell, the spell would just "happen", then he would stick his hand out like he was throwing it AFTER the spell was already launched.  Looked really weird.  I think the animation problem is being exacerbated by the fact that Adam was pausing A LOT so you might see a character only twitch like 2 times in 5-6 seconds of screen time simply because 4 of those 6 seconds was spent paused.  I do think the characters need to have a little more "bounce" to them though, they just seem a little stiff.

AI wise it is hard to tell what is going on.  Maybe there is just no AI in the game, maybe there is but until you configure it your characters all behave in "manual" mode, but the characters did need a crap ton of micro managing.  They literally did just stand there doing nothing unless you ordered them to do something.  In the case of the Ogre this was helpful but in the case of the other mobs it just seemed odd.  Playing around with that stuff (if it is even in game) will be a top beta priority.

As far as I can tell, there's no AI in the game. I might be wrong, but I'm fairly sure in my assessment. 

Yeah I would say Programmers - priority issue, get those basic RTS functions in.

There is AI in the game at least on some level as enemies move and attack player's party, but they probably didn't put party AI in or on for the demo, because it isn't finished or they felt that it could hinder presentation.

The pet slot was a nice surprise! In GW1, my fav minipet was the mini warthog, which I used alongside with a normal-sized ranger pet warthog, they looked so cool together. For a change, something fun comes from MMO-land to single-player games! Maybe the pets are affected by big head mode, too? :)

Edited by Endrosz
  • Like 2

The Seven Blunders/Roots of Violence: Wealth without work. Pleasure without conscience. Knowledge without character. Commerce without morality. Science without humanity. Worship without sacrifice. Politics without principle. (Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi)

Let's Play the Pools Saga (SSI Gold Box Classics)

Pillows of Enamored Warfare -- The Zen of Nodding