RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

The new KQ game suits me just fine :)

Already ? It might suck.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

The new King's Quest game is being made by The Odd Gentlemen, who made The Misadventures of PB Winterbottom.  I haven't played TMoPBW, but it was well received.  They also did Wayward Manor, which was not so well received.

The resurrected Sierra Online is going to essentially be Activision's "indie" division.

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Will be nice if they can get Jensen in, just to have an old Sierra hand. Though this was news to her, apparently, last week so who knows.

GOD DAMN IT. If I see this cheesy line one more time, I swear to God...!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd be happy if they just got the quote right - IIRC it is supposed to be properly translated "And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you."

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

*shrug*, Quantum Break looks like a game I might play if it came out on a platform I own, but definitely not the kind I'd buy a platform for.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

In a nutshell. I'm not this fanatical, but I won't be buying a brick in the shape of an Xbox, just to get the game. **** move, Spencer, **** move.

trutha1_zpsa4b201db.jpg

- 2014? As far as I can remember, the games became bad way before 2014.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

I guess it was probably that year when I played the demo for the original game off one of those PC magazine demo CDs. It was awful, as most early 3D games were. Indeed moreso because of the insistence of adding platforming to the formula. So yeah, that was the first and last time I ever had anything to do with Tomb Raider.

P.S. Totally off topic but the forum server time seems to be drifting at an abnormally fast rate. A month or so ago it was maybe 2-3 minutes fast, now it's a full 5 minutes ahead of official time.

Edited by Humanoid

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Guest Slinky

I guess it was probably that year when I played the demo for the original game off one of those PC magazine demo CDs. It was awful, as most early 3D games were. Indeed moreso because of the insistence of adding platforming to the formula. So yeah, that was the first and last time I ever had anything to do with Tomb Raider.

The original TR was (and is!) awesome, the best in the series if you ask me.

The series went down the drain because it stopped being about atmosphere, exploration and puzzles and started being just another generic shooter.

HoMM VII Announced

It's being made by Limbic, the folks who did Might & Magic X: Legacy, which I thoroughly enjoyed, so, who knows, maybe they can right the ship here.

• Like 2

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

HoMM VII Announced

It's being made by Limbic, the folks who did Might & Magic X: Legacy, which I thoroughly enjoyed, so, who knows, maybe they can right the ship here.

If it will keep that art style which series picked up in HOMM5 i will pass it again and play my homm3 complete all over again each time they indroduce new crap

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

People at Microsoft should probably feel a bit dumb for making that timed exclusivity deal and revealing that it's timed this early. Sure, you get a slight bump for your hardware sales and bigger one for software, but how many will actually buy an Xbone for a game they'll certainly be able to play on their currently owned platforms maybe up to a year later? Do people love Tomb Raider that much?

Ryse and Dead Rising 3 probably got some people to buy consoles, but buyers didn't know it'd be put on other platforms

Edited by Nordicus