RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

I would think that Riot is probably more willing to permanently ban teenagers, who don't have money to pay for Riot and with their behavior cause risk that Riot's paying customers to lose interest in the game. Especially now when they have tens of millions of players, meaning that even liberal ban hammer don't make visible dent in their player numbers

Were do you get the idea that teenagers don't spend money on lol? In fact they are the ones who will most likely buy the skins.

http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20120229006232/en/PlaySpan-Study-Shows-Percentage-Consumers-Buying-Virtual#.U8-L6PmunLE

This study suggests that about 50% of teenagers spend money on virtual goods, and of all the virtual goods purchases made about 32% was to look better in game. So yes, they do spend some money to look good in game.

• Like 1

I would think that Riot is probably more willing to permanently ban teenagers, who don't have money to pay for Riot and with their behavior cause risk that Riot's paying customers to lose interest in the game. Especially now when they have tens of millions of players, meaning that even liberal ban hammer don't make visible dent in their player numbers

Were do you get the idea that teenagers don't spend money on lol? In fact they are the ones who will most likely buy the skins.

http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20120229006232/en/PlaySpan-Study-Shows-Percentage-Consumers-Buying-Virtual#.U8-L6PmunLE

This study suggests that about 50% of teenagers spend money on virtual goods, and of all the virtual goods purchases made about 32% was to look better in game. So yes, they do spend some money to look good in game.

That's an interesting link, nice one :thumbsup:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I based that on fact that 51% of LoL players are 19-25 years old (according stats published by Riot), which I would guessed to be also demographic that spend most money in game. And that claim that people that have spent more money in game usually behave better than those that have less money tied in to game (Which seems to be supported by that fact that Riot, Blizzard, Microsoft and Sony all have started to increase their punishments for behavior that they deem to be bad and to give other players options to avoid players that they feel that behave badly).

This looks and sounds great.

I based that on fact that 51% of LoL players are 19-25 years old (according stats published by Riot), which I would guessed to be also demographic that spend most money in game. And that claim that people that have spent more money in game usually behave better than those that have less money tied in to game (Which seems to be supported by that fact that Riot, Blizzard, Microsoft and Sony all have started to increase their punishments for behavior that they deem to be bad and to give other players options to avoid players that they feel that behave badly).

Kids spend their parents money on this game too, and behave like brats too. Trust me played this game long enough to know.

Edited by Sarex
  • Like 1

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

This looks and sounds great.

Kids spend their parents money on this game too, and behave like brats too. Trust me played this game long enough to know.

Shadowgate does look good but it also appears to be very hard

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

If you make it down to the fourth paragraph you will notice that they have always taken some action.

I'm not one that believes in tribunal system, if you don't know by now that you aren't suppose to make racist or homophobic comments online  I doubt some kind of player based court is really going to change that behaviour. Banning is the right strategy, this type of punitive step will get the message across

Where has gone "education is needed to change social injustice on the internet" attitude of yours? Did you grew tired of polishing your white armor already? :p

• Like 1

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

If you make it down to the fourth paragraph you will notice that they have always taken some action.

I'm not one that believes in tribunal system, if you don't know by now that you aren't suppose to make racist or homophobic comments online  I doubt some kind of player based court is really going to change that behaviour. Banning is the right strategy, this type of punitive step will get the message across

Where has gone "education is needed to change social injustice on the internet" attitude of yours? Did you grew tired of polishing your white armor already? :p

You know me, I never get tired of polishing my white armour o:)

But the reality is I have very little patience with some types of Internet behaviour

John Milton 

But the reality is I have very little patience with some types of Internet behaviour

If you ever make a software to reach through screens and punch people on the face I want to be your customer.

• Like 1
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

If you ever make a software to reach through screens and punch people on the face I want to be your customer.

If people want to assign some negative label to my commitment to issues of SJ as a joke, to be dismissive or in an attempt to make me sound silly that's fine. I really don't mind. It makes absolutely no difference to me and will in no way change my view or comments I make. Sorry to disappoint  :)

• Like 1

John Milton 

Me too. And, yours is one of the worst kind.

Volo that hurts my feelings, what is so bad about my Internet behaviour? Can you share your perspective

John Milton 

Unrest, a unique adventure-RPG set in mystic India is out on GOG and Steam. Think Quest for Glory (or Shadowgate, or...), but with less emphasis on combat.

The Seven Blunders/Roots of Violence: Wealth without work. Pleasure without conscience. Knowledge without character. Commerce without morality. Science without humanity. Worship without sacrifice. Politics without principle. (Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi)

Let's Play the Pools Saga (SSI Gold Box Classics)

Pillows of Enamored Warfare -- The Zen of Nodding

Oh man, so many choices during the character creation... I already know how I spend first 10 hours of the game!!!

• Like 4

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

I avoided watching this video, it was hard as I started it and heard the initial 1 minute of conversation. But I avoided it, has anyone else made a conscious decision to try to not watch any gameplay videos so your first play through is a complete surprise on every level ?

John Milton 

I avoided watching this video, it was hard as I started it and heard the initial 1 minute of conversation. But I avoided it, has anyone else made a conscious decision to try to not watch any gameplay videos so your first play through is a complete surprise on every level ?

hey bruce, they already summoning you in giantbomb thread :). Anyaway Its not spoilery too much if you dont want so feel free to look at it

• Like 1

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

hey bruce, they already summoning you in giantbomb thread :). Anyaway Its not spoilery too much if you dont want so feel free to look at it

Okay good, I think I'll do that :)

John Milton 

Nice.  I watched as far as character creation, then as soon as the game proper began I turned it off immediately.  I definitely liked what I saw out of character creation, though.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Nice.  I watched as far as character creation, then as soon as the game proper began I turned it off immediately.  I definitely liked what I saw out of character creation, though.

That's interesting, you also don't want to ruin the surprise....but it was hard to stop watching?

John Milton 

I don't think it really gives much away, they create a character, have about two combat sequences, show off some of the graphics in general and dialogue. While Josh and two guys talk around stuff, wander  into commentary about Icewind Dale 2 adventuring companies, commentary about kickstarter, and other bits and pieces.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."