What are you playing now

Finished up Mask of the Betrayer as an evil Bard, bwahahaahaha. The evil playthrough in this game is so delicious, even more-so if you go the *ultimate* evil route. :)

Experience kinda marred though since I had some problems with one of the final conversations not firing, and the final, *final* battle as ultimate evil is kind of a huge pain.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

Annoying thing about watchdogs... It doesn't matter what you want, you WILL be forced into multiplayer.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Added Bound By Flame to my playing list. So far it makes me think of a Budget Dragon Age title, but it has enough of its own charms to keep me interested.

Glad I figured out how to skip dialogues as I read more faster than the VO actors act.

How are you finding the derogatory references to women? And yes I haven't played this game but its not just the Eurogamer review that made a point of pointing this out. Other gaming websites had the exact same criticism so there  must be some truth to it

How am I finding them? Mostly by going through the game.

*ba-dum-dum-tsch!* Thank you, thank you...I'll be here all week. Be sure to try the veal.

Seriously, I'm not sure I'm far enough into it to see anything that's terribly bad (if it exists). There is a scantily clad character who is both commented on (and disliked both for appearance and for "being a witch") and gives back what she gets. There are some unsavory comments regarding women - but this to me seems specific to characters (the biggest amount of "whore" calling, for example, is a drunk) or to the society that has yet to crumble more than some kind of commentary on the real world (certainly exceptional women exist in the world, and aren't all scantily clad sex workers).

I wanted to revisit this since I've finished the game.

I don't understand the complain. I went and re-read the Eurogamer review you reference, and I still don't get their complaint.

The script - and its a short game - is not littered with prejoratives about women (and when they're used they make sense in the context of the game; I mean the reviewer complains that the word "concubine" is used and that the concubines wear revealing tops disregarding that the concubines were created out of people by an evil ice lord who, essentially, created supernatural sex slaves. I dunno, the complaints are ludicrous and it'd be a shame if people skipped the game because (IMO at least) its been misrepresented in the media.

• Like 5

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Annoying thing about watchdogs... It doesn't matter what you want, you WILL be forced into multiplayer.

I'm pretty sure my lack of ps+ will take care of that.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Watch Dogs is pretty cool.  Chicago is a great backdrop, not Hong Kong great, but a big step up from Libery City and lightyears better than Steelport.  My biggest complaint right now is about car chases.  Maybe I simply haven't found a car fast enough yet, but I suspect the game has rubber banding since it seems it's physically impossible to simply outrun the cops, you have to hack things to stop the pursuit.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Playing some Watch Dogs, but probably not giving it the due focus it deserves since my stomach bug has me racing for the toilet repeatedly...

Chicago is pretty nice, I would agree it comes across better then Liberty City. The dynamic weather and day/night routine is nicely done. The graphics are good, but nothing that really jumps out in an "omgz amazing" way. I've kind of done the puttering around on side stuff rather then throw into the main story missions, and there's a whole heap of random stuff to poke at and do.

Some people will complain that there really aren't any radio stations to go through, and I tend to think the car handling is a bit..off. Something just seems a bit clunky about the handling. The hacking is quite entertaining as you improve your skills with it and pick up the way it works.

I'm not sure what to make of the multiplayer aspect. It keeps throwing up invitations to the different multiplayer game types, but if you click accept, it whirs into a "searching for x"  and spends 3-5 minutes doing so before telling me it can't find anyone. Of course, while it is searching for that, the majority of the single-player game stuff hides on the map so you can't spend the time poking at stuff.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Added Bound By Flame to my playing list. So far it makes me think of a Budget Dragon Age title, but it has enough of its own charms to keep me interested.

Glad I figured out how to skip dialogues as I read more faster than the VO actors act.

How are you finding the derogatory references to women? And yes I haven't played this game but its not just the Eurogamer review that made a point of pointing this out. Other gaming websites had the exact same criticism so there  must be some truth to it

How am I finding them? Mostly by going through the game.

*ba-dum-dum-tsch!* Thank you, thank you...I'll be here all week. Be sure to try the veal.

Seriously, I'm not sure I'm far enough into it to see anything that's terribly bad (if it exists). There is a scantily clad character who is both commented on (and disliked both for appearance and for "being a witch") and gives back what she gets. There are some unsavory comments regarding women - but this to me seems specific to characters (the biggest amount of "whore" calling, for example, is a drunk) or to the society that has yet to crumble more than some kind of commentary on the real world (certainly exceptional women exist in the world, and aren't all scantily clad sex workers).

I wanted to revisit this since I've finished the game.

I don't understand the complain. I went and re-read the Eurogamer review you reference, and I still don't get their complaint.

The script - and its a short game - is not littered with prejoratives about women (and when they're used they make sense in the context of the game; I mean the reviewer complains that the word "concubine" is used and that the concubines wear revealing tops disregarding that the concubines were created out of people by an evil ice lord who, essentially, created supernatural sex slaves. I dunno, the complaints are ludicrous and it'd be a shame if people skipped the game because (IMO at least) its been misrepresented in the media.

Thanks for the feedback, I have decided to purchase the game myself and your positive perspective played a part in that decision :thumbsup:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Odd, they showed up for me using print screen.

Maybe I was slow.  Past it.  Have to say finding the game rather 'meh', just going through motions to get it done. Perhaps it's due to the disjoint experience as I played ep 1 then a break of several months.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Watch Dogs is pretty cool.  Chicago is a great backdrop, not Hong Kong great, but a big step up from Libery City and lightyears better than Steelport.  My biggest complaint right now is about car chases.  Maybe I simply haven't found a car fast enough yet, but I suspect the game has rubber banding since it seems it's physically impossible to simply outrun the cops, you have to hack things to stop the pursuit.

I've managed to evade the cops three times total... The cops are way to tenacious for this game to be fun for car chases... and mercs are even worse.

Also playing Watch Dogs. I haven't even started the main missions yet, just driving/running around Chicago is so much fun. Amazingly detailed world! I love to just rob people (electronically, of course) and stop crimes (not so electronically..) and putter about. Hearing the little tidbits from people's lives and doing those house invasion thingies are also cool.

We will see what the main story brings, but I've played four hours so far and I already know I'll be getting my money's worth out of this game. Right up my alley!

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Finished episode 4 of The Wolf Among Us. It was good. Though some of the "life as a fable is so unfair, Bigby you do not understand" spiel is getting a bit tedious. It is good that the next episode is the last.

Didn't seem to be too much when it comes to choices. Conversation options yes, but most will probably not affect anything.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Can I just say that the whole "other guy has loved one in his power so you have to do what he says" trope is utterly stupid and getting way to cliche.

Also:

Sleeping Dogs

Watch_dogs

WoW

ME3

Payday2

Titanfall

uhh.....

Arkham Origins

Injustice.

Edited by Calax

Got my own Chimera in van Helsing 2. According to Katarina's wishes I named it Fluffy. Send it out into the ink to hunt in the Dreamlands and hopefully bring me back some treasure.

I am really enjoying these minigame-thingies they added:

the resistance missions you have to select one of four commanders, each with their own stats and approaches, to lead the men on

the chimera hunts, where you decide which region of the ink your chimera will hunt in and bring back loot from.

I wish the resistance missions were more frequent, but then they could not have been custom written. You can't have it all.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Huh. Went to play some Watch Dogs today, and found that for some reason whenever I get in a car, I suddenly suffer massive amounts of stuttering that makes it impossible to drive anywhere.

Considering it was all good yesterday, I'm wondering what the hell has happened to cause that.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Almost at the end of Broken Sword 5, I did rather enjoy the puzzle with the map and the Tabula.  Had to cheat a bit on the Desert one, that would have never come to me.  Wonder why Nico is in this game, all she does is stand around and wait for George to fix stuff.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Having fun with Watch Dogs.  I really enjoy how the crime stopping opportunities unfold in this game.  It's pretty cool listening in on people's conversations, then deducing from those that something bad might go down, then sneaking around the scene until the perp makes his move and intervening in time to keep the violence to a minimum.  I helps ease my conscience that I'm doing some good out there to counteract all those other times I'm siphoning people's bank accounts and shooting security guards in the head.  :p

• Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Wrapped up Privateer, starting the session with the damned Exploratory Service missions out of Rygannon. In my various Privateer binges over the years I've usually pulled the plug without bothering to do this mission series, maybe only done it two or three times ever. The reason, as always, is Gothri. Gothri in asteroid fields. Four Gothri in asteroid fields. Four Gothri and a giant green egg in asteroid fields. Rygannon 3 and 4 took a few attempts each to manage, dying on each occasion more than in the rest of the game combined. After that, wrapping up the game was a breeze, albeit a tedious one spent afterburning across entire systems while being relentlessly chased by an invincible foe.

After all these years, this game still has the best credits presentation ever. I play often enough to not be surprised by the game, but the sharp and pointed verbal sparring our bastard of a hero engages in never fails to make me grin. Reminds me of how bland the mainline series can often be, Maniac aside.

Anyway, I have my gun, my beautiful Steltek gun, which no one is ever going to take away from me. Now to fire up Righteous Fire...

• Like 2

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Having fun with Watch Dogs.  I really enjoy how the crime stopping opportunities unfold in this game.  It's pretty cool listening in on people's conversations, then deducing from those that something bad might go down, then sneaking around the scene until the perp makes his move and intervening in time to keep the violence to a minimum.  I helps ease my conscience that I'm doing some good out there to counteract all those other times I'm siphoning people's bank accounts and shooting security guards in the head.  :p

One of the wierd things about the game is it's almost like the game is trying to make me make judgement calls on targets.

90% of your enemies will be viciously evil in some way... pedophiles, escaped cons, beat the system crooks, hackers in their own right... watch peep shows and post voyeur videos (yes really)

And then there's bank victims who just missed their loan payments, have tested positive for herpes, and found out they have leukemia. I feel like the devs went ahead and said "well, if you're gonna be a ****, realize who you're doing it to! But if you're shooting anyone it's A-ok!"

Huh. Went to play some Watch Dogs today, and found that for some reason whenever I get in a car, I suddenly suffer massive amounts of stuttering that makes it impossible to drive anywhere.

Considering it was all good yesterday, I'm wondering what the hell has happened to cause that.

Have you considered marbles?
  • Like 1

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Guest Slinky

I have to stop reading peoples' thoughts on Watch Dogs or I'll be tempted to go out and buy it.

If you are into GTA style games, why shouldn't you get it? Unless you are a PC player, then you might want to wait till they fix the uplay connection issues at least.

Not playing much these days, just a game or two of FTL advanced edition now and then. I blame the impending summer.