What are you playing now

Usually try to wait until it's cheap, myself. So usually means I just play old games :p  Though I do play new releases from time to time, usually if friends are keen for the MP.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Democracy 3 - My crime rate was going through the roof and I ended implementing some things I'm not proud of such as CCTVs everywhere and police drones and an expanded police force armed with SMGs. I also privatized the prisons but had them focus more on rehabilitation rather than punishment and to pay for it all I legalized gambling, prostitution, and all drugs up to LSD and then taxed the hell out of them. Productivity fell a bit but my crime rate is now minuscule so welcome to my super safe police state where most things are legal but if you step out of line we will know and you will be riddled with bullets

• Like 9

Free games updated 3/4/21

Up to, and including, LSD? People need their responsibly-applied inter-dimensional gateway drugs.  :yes:

Today is no work and all Mask of the Betrayer. Haven't played since '07 I think, and never finished! Really excited after playing the prologue, the graphics are exceptional and I feel like it's a good hold-over until Eternity.

• Like 4

All Stop. On Screen.

Today is no work and all Mask of the Betrayer. Haven't played since '07 I think, and never finished! Really excited after playing the prologue, the graphics are exceptional and I feel like it's a good hold-over until Eternity.

Have fun! :)

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

I realised I had an odd yen to play something more in the FPS line then I had in awhile..and Call of Juarez Gunslinger was only about £3 from Amazon so I've been cheerfully shooting cowboys...

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Playing mostly business trips lately, and in between some Gran Turismo 5 and 6. Got 1000 cars trophy in GT5 today after 3 years O.o

And after that I played little bit Tales of Symphonia HD on PS3. Only 17 hours in the game so far.

And started to play on roll20.net Pathfinder game of Curse of the Crimson Throne with Gnome Barbarian, so far the game was fun but combat was boring due to lucky crits. First boss fight ended after firing up one arrow lol.

And in the morning I think I will do little bit for preparing second book of Serpent's Skull Adventure Path for my friends, and maybe littl bit Gran Turismo again :p

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Oh my god, I just got wiped all over the floor and out the door by two Red Wizards of Thay, their summons, and two succubus-looking badass winged females who successfully knockdown every time my paladin. Like I mean six times in a row they pummeled me. It's the first battle in this theatre, in this town right after leaving the barrow prologue to Mask of the Betrayer. Admittedly I didn't really go in prepared, and I see it's pointless to let Safiya cast her own spells--I'm gonna have to micro-manage every turn, which is cool. I hate how long Paralysis and Stun last.  

All Stop. On Screen.

I don't think I've ever played a party-based cRPG where the companion AI was good enough that you could leave the casters to be controlled by the AI and do their own casting.  Definitely not on Hardcore D&D difficulty (which is how I always play).  I've tried every custom AI script under the sun and it's never nearly good enough.

• Like 2

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I played NWN2/MotB on Core difficulty, and could never make myself control any character but my own. I don't know about Hardcore, but regular Core was pretty dang easy. The camera always infuriated so much that I refused to deal with it as much as possible. How much that game would've benefited by having a proper camera system...or simply being 2D.

Although...it didn't even begin to compare to the absolute horror that was the Dragon Age: Origin's camera, so I guess there's that - that was nearly enough to reduce me to tears at times. I'll never play Dragon Age again for just that reason, nevermind all the others. All the time wasted trying to navigate the stupid "personal" camera so that you can actually see anything, having to readjust every five to ten freaking seconds if you're anywhere you might be making >=90 degree turns, (e.g. those tunnels in the beginning of MotB - those were a huge pain in NWN2...can't even imagine how terrible it'd be in Dragon Age)...or a completely non-functioning isometric camera that gets you murdered over and over because it doesn't let you see what you're going to be running into because the developers thought it'd be a fantastic idea to not be able to move your camera at least as far as the first archers you run into can shoot you from  - no, instead, it's closer to only half as long as that...

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Does default difficulty include friendly fire?  On hardcore D&D difficulty there is friendly fire and that winds up being a killer.  For example, in NWN2, Qara will OBLITERATE your party if you let her cast spells on her own.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Yeah, no, the camera is no longer an issue in MoB. Getting paralyzed by red-robed twit-faces is the problem.  :facepalm:

It's just my paladin and a friendly Thay wizard against two bum-rushing, planar-binding evil Reds and their two succubii minions, plus whatever else. I got a lot closer this last time, all pre-buffed and everything, but Freedom of Movement as a spell doesn't last long. I found a scroll of Power Word: Petrify, but the wiz-hats are either protected or invalid targets. 

It's cool, I'll figure it out by the end of the weekend. Unless I decide to go read more comic books. Since I do that now. Me, and the cool kids. 

All Stop. On Screen.

I gave Civ V another go (and I wanted my steam cards to drop so I could sell them), but I really dislike the game. Its mechanics are simply... inelegant...gamey? Why am I buying plots of land with gold? Who from, God? It like the designers needed a sink for gold so they came up with it. The social policies make less sense than ever, a bunch of arbitrary bonuses and buttons.... The map clutter is incredible, wonders and city states everywhere you look. The first 50 turns are dull, all I had was one spearman and one or two workers to shuffle around because everything takes so long to build.

The UI is annoyingly huge on my laptop screen even though I checked the "small UI option". Everyone and everything is throwing gold at me...  Huge targeting circle for bombarding barbarians with a fat arrow so you can now get away with not guarding your cities? 

Civ V reminds me of a facebook game. Teeny sounds of a constant stream of bonuses heaped upon the player, plink plink plink but oh so insignificant and unrepresentative of what used to be an empire building game.

• Like 1

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

Does default difficulty include friendly fire?  For example, in NWN2, Qara will OBLITERATE your party if you let her cast spells on her own.

Default has no friendly fire, at least in the OC. Don't imagine MotB was different.

And yes she will, with the utmost glee. Plus a definite lack of irony considering her personality.

I've spent much of the past few days playing Always Sometimes Monsters.  Bought it on a lark and was pretty much overwhelmed with how enjoyable it has been. Well...'enjoyable' is a bit of a misnomer, since the game can be fairly depressing and emotionally harrowing at times. But it is certainly engaging. A very fine example of a game managing to excel in spite of the severe limitations of its engine. Good writing and a very unconventional approach to conventional gaming. 

King's Bounty: The Legend

Moment #1: "Aww damn son, I didn't realize just how many elf and female fighter related buffs my units and items have. Let's try a complete Elf faction army!"

Moment #2: "Hah, "Strong" encounter my a**, Half of the undead are proper dead by turn 2 and and they barely get to retaliate because of my speed and initiative!"

Moment #3: "Black Dragons eh, more like BLACK AND BLU- why did I deal 800 damage instead of 10k? Wait... "Magic Resistant"??? My physical units are bunched up behind my sprites and dryads because I thought their high damage retaliations would be enough! OWOWOW, THE FIRE, IT HURTS! I'VE MADE A TERRIBLE MISTAKE!"

• Like 2

Playing van Helsing 2.

Now that they finally found the problem :)

Fun game so far!

Haven't gotten far. Still in the first big battle, giving commands to the troops, doing side quests, solving problems the traditional borgovan way (at least that is what Katarina calls it: Blowing up a bridge - the solution for every problem in Borgova) :)

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Reading the latest Long War changelog, and I think I'm done with the mod. There's such a thing as taking things too far, and additions such as SMGs, battle rifles, machine pistols and bloody sawn-off shotguns are ridiculous, especially considering there'll be five or six tiers of just about each of those weapons. It's just turning into some guy's military power fantasy instead of an intelligent consideration of good, balanced gameplay. God, I hope someone forks this project and just keeps the bare minimum class system, fatigue system and a balanced mission frequency to take advantage of those mechanics. Everything else I'm happy to toss out, frankly.

Aside, juuuuust about done with Broken Sword 5, am at what I assume is the final location. Verdict ....s'alright. No regrets, but it's plainly obvious when compared to say, Broken Age, that it feels a lot rougher and generally 'indie' than the more polished productions. If not for the IP, it'd be just another adventure game like the dozens of others I have on GOG/HB/Steam and am yet to play.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Democracy 3 - My crime rate was going through the roof and I ended implementing some things I'm not proud of such as CCTVs everywhere and police drones and an expanded police force armed with SMGs. I also privatized the prisons but had them focus more on rehabilitation rather than punishment and to pay for it all I legalized gambling, prostitution, and all drugs up to LSD and then taxed the hell out of them. Productivity fell a bit but my crime rate is now minuscule so welcome to my super safe police state where most things are legal but if you step out of line we will know and you will be riddled with bullets

I'm doing about the same, making good money off of junkies and boozehounds. :lol:

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I bought Crusader Kings 2 yesterday.  I'd been wanting to try out a Paradox strategy game, and I picked this one over Europa 4 because I read it was a little more intuitive.  I spent about an hour going through the tutorials until the combat one bugged out, tried to start a new game anyway, got confused, got bored, tried to marry my mom for the lolz but wasn't allowed, tried to court my brother's daughter but she took all my money and refused to visit, so I gave up and played Black Mesa for a while. 

Started playing the new Wolfenstein and it's p.cool so far. Sometimes that main character dude looks funny with his >: o face.

Sometimes I am getting a kind of inglorious basterds-cool vibe in the cutscenes. I like that.

Edited by Lexx
  • Like 1

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

The Walking Dead Season 2, Episode 1-3..

First game ended un a pretty emotionally and dark note and season 2 starts off a little slow, but holy moly.. By the end of episode 2 your already cringing at the violence. Episode 3 goes down as some of the most gruesome **** I've seen on my screen outside of pure horror/gore games..

ending spoiler: a no-bull**** girl shoots a guards pecker off so the zombies will feast on him instead of you, this is of course immedieatly after someone's face was brutally beaten off with a lead pipe.. yeah..

Fortune favors the bald.