Dragon Age: Inquistion

Rosbjerg

This time you can't just win your love interest's favor by simply giving them gifts.  You give them gifts then continuously click through one of 5 different dialogue options until you stumble upon the correct dialogue option and a +1 romance appears over their head.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

So if the "Iron Bull" (goodness that's a stupid name) is 'romanceable' does that mean the 'pants-on-dry-humping' will involve the protag wearing armor and helmet to boot for the intercourse routine?

• Like 1

Whatever. Pre-ordered.

Ditto. Deluxe edition.

does that come with a poseable action figures and a cloth map? everybody knows that the cloth map is the gold-standard o' the fantasy cartographer's craft. get a bonus dvd with soundtrack and a developer  "making-of" documentary?  those is kinda standard for Deluxe editions.  perhaps some collectible pogs? otherwise nameless commoner #5 becomes a romance option with Deluxe Edition, but ain't a Joinable NPC unless you get the Collectors Edition. 

needless to say, Gromnir will not be getting the deluxe collector's funkalicious edition o' da:i... not even if it does go olde skool and include a cloth map. 

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Then again, more "meaningful" might mean it will be your romance partner or some one else in a choice between who lives and dies.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Short article but very interesting and relevant, I can't wait to develop more meaningful and complex relationships in an RPG  :dancing: ....but I wonder what  that means from a practical  gaming point of view?

Means a more convoluted relationship management minigame. The more "complex" Bioware made them the worse they became.

More than one meter per romanceable NPC.

Or that you can't romance the furry NPC unless you go on a quest to turn yourself into a werewolf. Possibilities are endless.

Do you really think they would include some kind of Werewolf Romance?

I doubt it...there more than enough options and excitement around humanoid Romance

I can't wait to develop more meaningful and complex relationships in an RPG 

this makes one wonder why you have interest in the bioware romances... is a virtual oxymoron-- meaningful bioware romance. by definition, an optional game romance that is both insular and discreet has rather harsh limits on how meaningful it may be. 

HA! Good Fun!

Gromnir surly you realize that Romance adds to a deeper connection with party members in a RPG , this has been irrefutably proven. You do know  this right?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Romance adds to a deeper connection with party members in a RPG , this has been irrefutably proven. You do know  this right?

They also work well as repellents, especially when overdone and overmarketed.

Perkele, tiädäksää tuanoini!

"It's easier to tolerate idiots if you do not consider them as stupid people, but exceptionally gifted monkeys."

this makes one wonder why you have interest in the bioware romances... is a virtual oxymoron-- meaningful bioware romance. by definition, an optional game romance that is both insular and discreet has rather harsh limits on how meaningful it may be. 

HA! Good Fun!

Gromnir surly you realize that Romance adds to a deeper connection with party members in a RPG , this has been irrefutably proven. You do know  this right?

"The romance is 'deeper', wink, wink, nudge, nudge - say no more!" :brows:

Well the if they're going for "realistic" I hope it would include -

PC can pursue characters romantically that will never work out (romance can fail for reason other than PC choosing to fail it)

Romance  "approval" rating that includes considering how the NPC is treated in combat (if your love interest keeps getting knocked out in every fight, s/he might think less of you), how you treat her/him, how they perceive you treating others, etc. rather than just what you say to them in camp (or worse, what gifts you give them).

• Like 4

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

More than one meter per romanceable NPC.

Or that you can't romance the furry NPC unless you go on a quest to turn yourself into a werewolf. Possibilities are endless.

Do you really think they would include some kind of Werewolf Romance?

I doubt it...there more than enough options and excitement around humanoid Romance

HA! Good Fun!

Well yeah... in the Persona games, though argue that those games are better written, and the supposed romances are actually written as 'love between 2 people' starting from friendly terms to, possibly, something deeper as opposed to goofy soft-core-angsty-drama-pants-on-dry-humopng-extravangza in BioWare gaymes. If the romances in BioWare games didn't come off as token as they have then I'd probably start appreciating them.

Edited by TheChris92

HA! Good Fun!

"The romance is 'deeper', wink, wink, nudge, nudge - say no more!" :brows:

Well the if they're going for "realistic" I hope it would include -

PC can pursue characters romantically that will never work out (romance can fail for reason other than PC choosing to fail it)

Romance  "approval" rating that includes considering how the NPC is treated in combat (if your love interest keeps getting knocked out in every fight, s/he might think less of you), how you treat her/him, how they perceive you treating others, etc. rather than just what you say to them in camp (or worse, what gifts you give them).

we added above that  we genuinely don't know what the following means. 

"The different types of sexual orientation of the different kinds of characters around you is also more complex than in previous games. I think there's going to be a lot more realistic... realistic... you know what I mean..."

realistic = 2d sex... perhaps? is visual realistic? is interpersonal realistic? am kinda making assumptions considering context, but the biowarian is doing the, "wink, wink, nudge, nudge," in regards to "realistic," so we don't real know what that means. really.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

^ The only 'connection' I need to play with make-believe characters nowadays is an internet connection.

Monte I have come to realize that there is a perspective to Romance I haven't explained and you anti-romancers haven't realised. Basically promancers truly embrace and understand the RPG experience on a greater level than people who don't interact with the Romance options. I can explain it to you if you want?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I just hope the "romances" have epic bad endings.

Hanako4Hate.png

:lol: dude where is that from :lol:

John Milton 

Guyz inform me on the romance options please. This will determine whether I'll pre-order or not.

Also how long is DA:I after DA2?

There are 12 straight options, 30 gay guys for buggering, 41 lesbians, 57 transsexuals, 1 table and we're still not sure if the sheep from Arcanum is gonna make it to the party or not.

Wow you talk about hyperbole. Do you have an issue with Romance options for gay fans of the game? You seem to be making a big about the fact that Bioware takes the issue of Romance inclusivity seriously?

No.

Took a page out of Volo's book for this one.

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

^ The only 'connection' I need to play with make-believe characters nowadays is an internet connection.

Monte I have come to realize that there is a perspective to Romance I haven't explained and you anti-romancers haven't realised. Basically promancers truly embrace and understand the RPG experience on a greater level than people who don't interact with the Romance options. I can explain it to you if you want?

In my mind, a smooth jazz soundtrack begins playing right around the last sentence of this comment.

• Like 5

we added above that  we genuinely don't know what the following means. 

"The different types of sexual orientation of the different kinds of characters around you is also more complex than in previous games. I think there's going to be a lot more realistic... realistic... you know what I mean..."

realistic = 2d sex... perhaps? is visual realistic? is interpersonal realistic? am kinda making assumptions considering context, but the biowarian is doing the, "wink, wink, nudge, nudge," in regards to "realistic," so we don't real know what that means. really.

HA! Good Fun!

I suspect he didn't know what he meant and wasn't sure how he could describe it so left it kind of hanging out there.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I just hope the "romances" have epic bad endings.

Hanako4Hate.png

:lol: dude where is that from :lol:

Katawa Shoujo visual novel, the internets tells me.

• Like 1

In my mind, a smooth jazz soundtrack begins playing right around the last sentence of this comment.

in our head we hear guns n' roses', "welcome to the jungle."

and carl sagan explaining the drake equation.

*shrug*

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

I don't know what it is about this game that brings out the site's novelty accounts. 

You see that's the great paradox about Bioware games, especially ones with such an impressive marketing engine. We all really love Bioware games and the anticipation of the grand RPG journey that awaits us. Because for most of us despite what we say we long for a return to the classic enjoyment and fulfilment of the original games and there is always the slight hope that Bioware will deliver another indelible RPG experience

Edited by BruceVC

John Milton 

^ Example A. 

:lol:

John Milton