Dragon Age: Inquistion

Rosbjerg

Oh wow I didn't notice the dragon outline right above the outstretched hand, there. Clever, hiding it in the descending Fade. I'm glad too, they look to be dropping the blood theme. 

I think the dragon'll be more obvious when this is squeezed down into a blu-ray disc box size. :p

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Is it meant to look like all those demons are racing to high five the Inquisitor?

Well the twist is that the inquisitor is a demon.

No, the twist is that the demon finds out that 'she' is actually a 'he'. All those succubi-moments take whole new and hilarious angle from now on.

• Like 3

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

"Gameplay" Trailer:

I put "gameplay" in quotes since there's maybe 15 total seconds of gameplay in that 2 minute long trailer.

They made Laliana extra sexy in this one.  Maybe to make up for ugly-fying Morrigan?

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

It sure looks promising, but maybe I'm daft, but I just found a post by Allan Schumacher who seems to be saying I can't buy this game on Steam (and definitely not any dlcs):

"

I keep seeing this excuse, but then we have games like Everquest 2 being sold on Steam. The ONLY way to get DLC is through Sony's store and you can't purchase anything but the game on Steam, yet it's still there. Fallout 3 the ONLY way to get the DLC without the GOTY version is by using GFWL. There are many, many examples that say you're making up this excuse.

Because they're old games grandfathered in. Much like Dragon Age Origins (which is still for sale on Steam too).

Then the question would become "why don't you want to sell your dlc on Steam?". Why are you restricting your sales to an obviously inferior system when Steam is right there?

Valve and EA both lose from this arrangement, as far as I'm concerned.

EDIT: This is no longer DA3 relevant.  If you wish to continue the values of EA vs Valve and their digital delivery services, please take it to the off topic forum."

Please tell me, this is all a misunderstanding on my behalf!

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Steam isn't that great anyway to be honest. Most of the games they release are untested, possibly non-functioning copies, filled with DRM. If anything, they should release it on Gog.com even if it could hardly be judged a Good Old Game, but neither can Witcher 2 I'd say.

EDIT: Apologies for that being off-topic there

As for the actual trailer. I am mortified over BioWare's insistence of having to bring back certain characters again and again instead of exploring new territory, otherwise it looks rather nice and quite Dark Soulish in its gameplay but that's fine. If anything it can be a plus to take some inspiration from other games, just make sure it doesn't cover the entire apple tree.

Edited by TheChris92

It sure looks promising, but maybe I'm daft, but I just found a post by Allan Schumacher who seems to be saying I can't buy this game on Steam (and definitely not any dlcs):

"

I keep seeing this excuse, but then we have games like Everquest 2 being sold on Steam. The ONLY way to get DLC is through Sony's store and you can't purchase anything but the game on Steam, yet it's still there. Fallout 3 the ONLY way to get the DLC without the GOTY version is by using GFWL. There are many, many examples that say you're making up this excuse.

Because they're old games grandfathered in. Much like Dragon Age Origins (which is still for sale on Steam too).

Then the question would become "why don't you want to sell your dlc on Steam?". Why are you restricting your sales to an obviously inferior system when Steam is right there?

EDIT: This is no longer DA3 relevant.  If you wish to continue the values of EA vs Valve and their digital delivery services, please take it to the off topic forum."

I don't see how this is not relevant (though the respective merits of the services are, of course, not relevant to the subject at hand).

EA is trying to force people towards Origin, it's that simple. Mass Effect 3 and Dead Space 3 are not available through Steam either (or any other means besides Origin, afaik. Even the disc version of ME3 *requires* Origin, which really pissed me off btw).

I find this trend of (single player*) games being tied to some digital platform disturbing, even more so if they're tied to a very specific digital platform (fwiw, Skyrim being tied to Steam *really* pissed me off as well, especially since I bought the disc version just to avoid Steam)

* Yes, yes, I'm aware of ME3's multiplayer and it is my personal opinion that they ought to have used the money they wasted on that crap on creating a decent single player experience instead.

Edited by marelooke
  • Like 2

I agree. I'm no Steam/Valve fanboy. Just like you, I really loathe this locking of game to certain platforms. However, EA(Origin is going too far. I mean, UPlay (which I didn't want either), but I got it, since I wanted to play M&M X so badly, and they at least allow me to buy dlcs etc on Steam.

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

I like how game trailers nowadays are basically cinematic trailers, that are about as accurately representative of the game's content as someone performing LOTR with finger puppets at a Game of Thrones screening. When Varric spewed his one-liners I could have mistaken it for a Hollywood production. The little amount of gameplay was disappointing. Sure, it looks very nice but so do a lot games before we actually see how it plays. There's promise to say the least.

"

I don't see how this is not relevant (though the respective merits of the services are, of course, not relevant to the subject at hand).

EA is trying to force people towards Origin, it's that simple. Mass Effect 3 and Dead Space 3 are not available through Steam either (or any other means besides Origin, afaik. Even the disc version of ME3 *requires* Origin, which really pissed me off btw).

I find this trend of (single player*) games being tied to some digital platform disturbing, even more so if they're tied to a very specific digital platform (fwiw, Skyrim being tied to Steam *really* pissed me off as well, especially since I bought the disc version just to avoid Steam)

* Yes, yes, I'm aware of ME3's multiplayer and it is my personal opinion that they ought to have used the money they wasted on that crap on creating a decent single player experience instead.

Shame poor you, don't you get Steam or Origin in your country? Is that why you don't like them?

I'll make videos of me playing DA:I and I'll share them with you, that will be almost as much fun as you playing the game itself :dancing:

Edited by BruceVC
  • Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Trailer needed more Marilyn Manson.

• Like 6

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I'm actually kind of disappointed at how little that trailer moved me.

Needed catchier music.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

our favorite game trailer told us pretty much nothing 'bout the game. hell, even the music were complete different from what were eventually in the game.

"that were kewl," is what we thought when we viewed it from our totsc install disk.

da:i is a nice enough trailer, just not kewl.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

PvzrVVT.jpg

who are these people

Jesus and his Apostles at the Last Supper?

If previous titles are anything to go with it will more likely be the Last Days of Caligula.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif