Pictures of your games Part 4

LadyCrimson

I see you picked up a TrackIR  :biggrin:

How's the new F-15C advanced flight model treating you?

Edited by Agiel
“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

no trackIR here, I'm just so used to switching from mouse free look and back that it almost happens by itself  :mellow:

did you notice any big differences with the F-15C now that it has a new flight model? while I was getting used to it it seemed different, but now it's again the same arcade-y feeling. the trim doesn't work, it handles trimming itself, it's as easy to land as always, unlike the A-10C. I don't fly the Eagle that much tbh, but so far the only major difference is with the air intakes that adjust their angle (again all by themselves, without any input from me)

I have heard rumors of the F-15C being released as a standalone, with a much more advanced model, that's what I'm looking forward to

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Supposedly implementation of the AIM-9X and JHMCS is in the works, with iterative updates leading to Ka-50/A-10C levels of fidelity complete with clickable pit, though this information was based upon a Google translate of a post on the Russian forum (if this post was by a developer or merely a rumour I cannot say). There was some discussion about this post, to which GGTharos, one of the forum mods and in-house Eagle Dynamics tester has said this information was not official in the slightest. I struggle to find this particular thread at the moment, leading me to believe this was deleted, so I wouldn't hold my breath for it.

That said, development for the F/A-18C has all but been confirmed to be in the works as the official next module made by ED.

Edited by Agiel
“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

yeah, waiting for that one as well, saw posts on the ED facebook page. but feel kind of sorry for the guys working on the F-18C mod for DCS, now their work will be missed by a lot of potential users 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=we8zvRWD8fo

EDIT: oh, actually I spoke too early, this is an F/A-18E, while DCS is working on the F/A-18C, so I guess I'll be using both when they come out  :w00t:

Edited by sorophx
Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Harpoon fanatics may experience a spot of deja vu with this re-imagining of the classic Dawn Patrol scenarios:

Mk5DTzE.jpg

In the year 2016, the Russian Navy decides a show of force in the Arctic Circle is in order, deploying their new Gremyashchy class corvettes along with Nanuchka missile boats for FON operations in the Barents against the Norwegian stealth frigate, Fridtjof Nansen, that has been sortied against them. Little do they realise that pre-positioned Skjold-class stealth corvettes are also lying in wait amongst the hazardous rocks that are the hallmark of the Finnmark coast.

Definitely an upgrade on the Harpoon graphics.  :) 

Here's a link for the community scenarios for the game:

http://www.warfaresims.com/?page_id=1876

All things considered, Gothic 3 looks pretty decent for an 8 year old game

With the community fixpack it easily looks better than Risen. It's unfortunate it needs an SSD to not stutter like a madman.

The stuttering doesn't happen too often if you don't use the extended visibility option, it still happens, though, which is unfortunate.  The other issue is with lighting.  I've never gotten the game to run with either Bloom or HDR selected, it's just a black screen, and this is with both AMD and Nvidia GPUs going back as far as 5 years ago until today.  With "standard" lighting the graphics display fine, but as soon as you use a light source, such as a torch or a fire arrow, the game goes into slideshow framerate and it will stay that way until you restart it.  I've never found a solution for this problem, not in all the years I've been playing it, not with any version of the community patch, not with any combination of options, not with any GPU.  It's really annoying and just something I have to be wary of and put up with (namely, never use torches or fire arrows ever for any reason).  It probably does that with spells also, but I don't play casters in Gothic, so it's a moot point.

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

What Defiance the TV show really needs next season is more Dark Matter. They may have shtako for brains, but at least they are more fun than the tv drama dressed up as sci-fi.

5zezRqp.jpg

9vAabSa.jpg

And EMC biomen could have been made (again in the show) more menacing as well and less like a comic relief.

nUp4o6n.jpg

CvRt0rC.jpg

inOsYwu.jpg

Still safe behind their bullet-proof glass

pltX6ft.jpg

And chasing them down. Bullet proof-glass is useless when you leave the door open...

mMDZg63.jpg

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Haha, do shtakos come with tortillas and pico de gallo.

Also, why is PrintScreen the stupidest key on the board and how do I bypass this Paste to MS Paint bull****. Does the Steam screenshot thing work better, I must've checked the wrong box there, too.

All Stop. On Screen.

Screenshoting in Steam doesn't work perfectly for me. I have to press the key repeatedly or hold it for a while for the screenshot to go through. But unlike Print Screen, which may return a completly black screenshot, it always gives me a screenshot when it decides to work.

The only thing I found to work reliably are third party software, such as Fraps.

• Like 1

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

The Steam screenshots require the Steam overlay to be turned on, which is something I prefer not to do. And yeah, it's a little janky when I do try to use it (turn the sound effect for it on so at least you know when it succeeds), which I suppose would be a problem if trying to capture one specific fleeting moment. Other than that it works as advertised, though it dumps the files in a stupid place (and seems not to acknowledge the custom folder I specified).

P.S. Scroll Lock is a stupider key than Print Screen. :p

• Like 1

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

P.S. Scroll Lock is a stupider key than Print Screen. :p

NumLock and CapsLock say that if you have issues with their brother, you better be prepated to have issues with them as well - you mess with one of them, you mess with the whole LockGang.

• Like 2

I've started playing Wolfenstein: NO, and I was off to a rough start, since my graphic card needed an update before I could play the game at all.

I've passed like four areas now, and I am five hours into the game (I've not played like a completionist, nor kept to one play-style, or should I say, kill-style?)

I am a huge Dishonored-fan, and it really shows that Machine Games have picked up a lot from that game (also with Bethesda as publisher), and in my book, that's very nice. This game has much more cutscenes, though, and it has pretty cinematic setups and linksbetween chapters. The story is pretty cool, built on what would happen if the Nazis had won and then taken over the globe. The art and graphics are really well executed, and this goes for the sound fx as well.

The difference is that you can't go unnoticed everywhere here by stealth - no ghost missions available - some stuff and some fights are forced on you, for good or bad. However, compared to Thief, your freedom of action all over the map, including some climbing through jumping and ladders, is actually better in W:NO.

Overall, this is a very intense shooter, with heaps and heaps of gore (for once, the 18 yr old rating seems warranted. The Nazis are absolutely atrocious in this game, and their leader pure cruelty):

f3ib.jpg

The year is 1960, but some stuff still feels like 1945, like this checkpoint by the Oder.

x3qy.jpg

The basic premise of the game is this above (see subtitles), and you're an all American broad-chinned hero who's about to do the impossible, to save the entire world.

ncwgo.jpg

uon8.jpg

The only kindness you ever saw after the war has been in this Polish asylum, but did the Nazis let you keep that tranquillity?

yza9.jpg

This evil head is your antagonist: Deathshead. *Shiver*

i3cd.jpg

Deathshead is fond of portraits in oil, like any old leader, it seems.

q1j2n.jpg

This game has borrowed heavily from old movies like "Where Eagles Dare" and "Cross of Iron".

36hk.jpg

This is just from the tutorial. The slaughter and gore escalates from there. Whatever you can say about it, it's at least a very gripping game.

So far, the game has exceeded my expectations. It's more than a shooter, it's a cinematic revenge shooter with (too much?) gore and pretty exciting combat that is varied enough. It's not a game for the faint-hearted. :no:

Edited by IndiraLightfoot
  • Like 3

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

Hi!

Here are some more pictures from a game that I still find much better than expected:

4gm13.jpg

There is a Wolfenstein NO-mode for those with lower-end graphic cards too!

nlwb.jpg

A serene memorial altar for all of those who died in the fight against fascism.

5awo.jpg

The resistance managed to save a few pieces of art from the Nazi bonfires of "degenerate" art.

68vg.jpg

Somehow I feel acquainted with Tekla, the problem solver.

ou2d.jpg

Apparently, Crimea is not part of Russia. It's Nazi German.

7jwn.jpg

A saggy Heil on a wheezer statue with no package - no Nazi virility here...

ybilf.jpg

Even those 1960-turntable phones look sinister in this grim context.

iu4c.jpg

Early Nazi computers. This doesn't bode well...

mcjzy.jpg

I've been on post-WWII trains just like this.

jl8z.jpg

This evil lady have you do mad picture shrink tests.

• Like 2

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

Stealth Elf heading into the Carnivorous Catacombs:

T6uszNk.jpg

lH1Bnk7.jpg

Where she encounters undead (big surprise!)

2MNLg1d.jpg

That need to be killed with fire. So Flameslinger comes to help

uIJhdTY.jpg

They find loot that would interest Trigger Happy

HQ8sYjc.jpg

Dinorang gets lost in a maze:

ntZ1FIQ.jpg

In the end Hex, being kinda a local, finds the way out

BA23rgv.jpg

• Like 1

On another note:

s7XkIqH.jpg

swbbIU2.jpg

Intro retells the story through the photographs on the map - the loadscreen of the previous game. Nice touch.

BPBKKze.jpg

OwA2Xrp.jpg

The game picks up right after the final battle of the first game:

T5UZnSy.jpg

And you find a mysterious stranger with trust issues:

w95mpQn.jpg

• Like 1

Melkathi: Skylander is a sweet game! :) And I pre-ordered the Incredible Adventures of van Helsing II, and I downloeaded it. However, then there has been some hickups with anti-virus programs catching their .exe-files as viruses and a few hotfixes, but I think I'll have it up and running today. This kind of setting is right up my alley. There are so many good games coming out now that I can't keep up or track. :w00t: