What are you playing now

Rosbjerg

I would play Titanfall if Origin would allow me add beta key instead of throwing error message that say that "An error has occurred while trying to process your request. Please, try again later." hopefully it will work tomorrow. So as Titanfall don't work I probably play new version of Divinity Original Sin, which was released today.

Just finished Shadowrun Returns. Fun, but it's a bit of a barebones game. Most skills offer nothing other than plain damage increases over rank 5 or so, the party and inventory management is really limited, and the campaign offers very little in the way of actual roleplaying. I've also read that a common complaint is the graphics, but they are serviceable and I love the hand-drawn feel of the sets.

Well worth the 15€. Time to check the user made content, I guess.

Edited by 213374U
  • Like 1

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Just finished Shadowrun Returns. Fun, but it's a bit of a barebones game. Most skills offer nothing other than plain damage increases over rank 5 or so, the party and inventory management is really limited, and the campaign offers very little in the way of actual roleplaying. I've also read that a common complaint is the graphics, but they are serviceable and I love the hand-drawn feel of the sets.

Well worth the 15€. Time to check the user made content, I guess.

The best mod I've found is Spectrum Street.   :biggrin:

I would play Titanfall if Origin would allow me add beta key instead of throwing error message that say that "An error has occurred while trying to process your request. Please, try again later." hopefully it will work tomorrow. So as Titanfall don't work I probably play new version of Divinity Original Sin, which was released today.

Yes, Titanfall servers are very borked at the moment. Hoping for a fix soon

Installed Dungeon Keeper onto Win7. Fired up Deeper Dungeons, picked a level, started it. Did the cntl+r (or whatever that is) to make it look less pixelated. Not quite as good looking as my official DKGold disc version, but it's ok. Then noticed ... it plays slower than molasses.

I know for some people, DK1 ran on more modern rigs too fast, but for me it's always been just about right. I like the extra speed. GoG's version on my Win7, for some reason, feels like the run-speed in Diablo1. Everything from minions walking/running around, to slapping, to training/workshop, map scrolling from side to side...all in slo-mo. I can't believe it ever felt that slow even way way back when, must be something weird going on with GoG's tweaks+my particular rig. Oh well. It's still playable. And on the plus side, the level-choosing menu slider doesn't move at light speed.

• Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Installed Dungeon Keeper onto Win7. Fired up Deeper Dungeons, picked a level, started it. Did the cntl+r (or whatever that is) to make it look less pixelated. Not quite as good looking as my official DKGold disc version, but it's ok. Then noticed ... it plays slower than molasses.

I know for some people, DK1 ran on more modern rigs too fast, but for me it's always been just about right. I like the extra speed. GoG's version on my Win7, for some reason, feels like the run-speed in Diablo1. Everything from minions walking/running around, to slapping, to training/workshop, map scrolling from side to side...all in slo-mo. I can't believe it ever felt that slow even way way back when, must be something weird going on with GoG's tweaks+my particular rig. Oh well. It's still playable. And on the plus side, the level-choosing menu slider doesn't move at light speed.

I assume GOG's version is the DOS version with DOSbox preconfigured. Nowadays DOSbox tends to automatically adjust clock cycles to play games at the 'correct' speed, whereas in previous versions it was set to some default with the user expected to adjust speed manually (not as scary as it sounds, there were convenient hotkeys to do it). You could probably tweak the configuration to return DOSbox to the old user-controlled system, though I don't know how easy it'd be with GOG's wrapper. Failing that, it should be pretty straightforward to get it running in a standalone DOSbox installation.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

TITANFALL

TITANFALL

TITANFALL

TITANFALL

TITANFALL

TITANFALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(it's 3 AM. I'm screwed for tomorrow by dammit that was fun!)

It comes with agressive DRM and it costs as much as the console version. It's also multiplayer only. Not that shooter single player campaigns are usually very good, but it seems lazy not to have bothered. Otherwise I would be all over that. Looks gorgeous.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

TSLRCM 1.8.3

:dancing:

• Like 1

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

It comes with agressive DRM and it costs as much as the console version. It's also multiplayer only. Not that shooter single player campaigns are usually very good, but it seems lazy not to have bothered. Otherwise I would be all over that. Looks gorgeous.

DRM tolerance is a personal thing, so I have no real beef there. The cost thing I don't care about, personally, because I pay what I feel a game is worth. If I think is worth $60, then I'll pick it up (note: Origin is having a 50% off sale by using the promo code "LOVE" so you can pick up Titanfall for $30 right now). Otherwise I'll just wait for the price to eventually drop.

Though I am loathe to use the term "lazy." I have no visibility on their staffing or their budgeting or anything, but I'd be surprised if anyone on the team wasn't working very hard. I like single player experiences too (if Titanfall had it, I'd play it), but yeah it's focus is definitely multiplayer. In the early going I think it's a very well designed MP experience though. Seems to combine a lot of elements from a variety of games and has executed them pretty well from what I can tell.

Code doesn't apply to Titanfall (which in retrospect is probably not surprising haha)

Edited by alanschu

On my quest to replay all of the IE games and KOTOR2, NWN2, and FONV before PoE is released and patched.

Baldur's Gate and IWD have been completed.

Currently on BG2 and PST.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Yeah, it's using DOSbox. I'll try the cntrl+Fkey thing first, thanks.

Just reporting that that worked. Mostly. I had to smoosh the F12 key more than a dozen times, but map scroll speed is now awesome and the rest is somewhat better. Now if only this monitor had an EZ 4:3 switch option, like my older, smaller one does...

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Now if only this monitor had an EZ 4:3 switch option, like my older, smaller one does...

Ok, found you could change the dosbox config. to make the game run closer to 4:3 (some black barring on the sides), so it looks proper. But that meant the F12 key no longer worked to speed up the game, so I had to use the same file to manually set the core speed. Anyway, in the GoG's DK1 install folder, it's the dosboxDK.conf file.

Change the lines:

fullresolution=original - replace original with 1920x1080 (or whatever resolution you're using)

output=surface - replace surface with opengl

cycles=80000 - whatever you like, or "max"

I'm good to go now. Perfect!

Haven't looked into the crashing that much, am running a i5-2500K and a 680ti , so an older machine for sure.  I'll look into it the specific crash details, if any are given anyway, and see what's up with it.  Might be the drivers though, I think I upgraded from 314.22 or whatever the latest stable ones for my card are.

Ok, apparently 'Decals' in the menu might be the trouble.

People's idea of "old" for computer parts sometimes disturbs me...my mother was still using an old single core Athlon 64 up until a few months ago...now that's getting on the old side. :facepalm:

I am still using single core Athlon 64 for my PC gaming and it is enough for all the indie games I play. There was not a single PC AAA game that would convince me, that upgrading it is not waste of money. I do 95% of my gaming on PS3 now, and I am satisfied.

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Haven't looked into the crashing that much, am running a i5-2500K and a 680ti , so an older machine for sure.  I'll look into it the specific crash details, if any are given anyway, and see what's up with it.  Might be the drivers though, I think I upgraded from 314.22 or whatever the latest stable ones for my card are.

Ok, apparently 'Decals' in the menu might be the trouble.

People's idea of "old" for computer parts sometimes disturbs me...my mother was still using an old single core Athlon 64 up until a few months ago...now that's getting on the old side. :facepalm:

I am still using single core Athlon 64 for my PC gaming and it is enough for all the indie games I play. There was not a single PC AAA game that would convince me, that upgrading it is not waste of money. I do 95% of my gaming on PS3 now, and I am satisfied.

If all the games you play on PC are indie games, I would probably feel the same way. :)

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.