What are you playing now

Rosbjerg

Was looking at more vids. of Rust and DayZ. DayZ is nicer looking, but Rust looks a bit more interesting.

funnily enough, videos like that make me NOT want to try Rust, and I bet I would've felt the same way about DayZ if I hadn't played it from its early days. 

looking at Rust on videos I seriously can't understand why people play it, modified DayZ has everything Rust has and more (try watching videos of DayZ Epoch, it's what Rust is trying to copy, basically, with crafting, building and side quests)

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

funnily enough, videos like that make me NOT want to try Rust, and I bet I would've felt the same way about DayZ if I hadn't played it from its early days. 

looking at Rust on videos I seriously can't understand why people play it, modified DayZ has everything Rust has and more (try watching videos of DayZ Epoch, it's what Rust is trying to copy, basically, with crafting, building and side quests)

It's just that video (which isn't a serious gameplay video...) made me laugh, and laughter tends to make me want to play something. I don't know why. Like I said, zombie apoc./multiplayer not typically my sort of game to begin with, so I'm not looking at them with any high expectations about me playing them constantly or thinking they're awesome. That might be part of it. I figure they'd just be games I'd fire up, make a chr, play 30-60 minutes until someone saw/killed me, quit, repeat whenever I feel like giggling.

Saw another one last night, called 7 Days to Die. Which looked a bit more my speed as a game I'd play more seriously, since you can play it solo (online but creating your own "server", that's closed to others) and it has some Minecrafty aspects to it.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Started AssCreed 3. Thought I was going to play with Indian dude, but instead I'm in some never-ending tutorial with an old British guy. Not cool.

Don't stress it, you are better off as the British guy.

Every Asscreed game feels like a neverending tutorial. 

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Started AssCreed 3. Thought I was going to play with Indian dude, but instead I'm in some never-ending tutorial with an old British guy. Not cool.

Don't stress it, you are better off as the British guy.

Every Asscreed game feels like a neverending tutorial. 

Every Asscreed game *is* a neverending tutorial. You know most of the AC3 DLC is a tutorial as well right? When you're selling off tutorials as DLC episodes something has gone horribly wrong. And why did they abandon Conner just as he got his amazing animal spirit powers anyway? Those things rocked.    

I just had my first crash to desktop in Skyrim. Steam tells me I've been playing for 153 hours so far.

The benefits of getting the game late.

• Like 2

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

You did miss out on those pesky chickens reporting you to the guards whenever they saw you committing a crime though. 

You should be grateful. Unlike dogs, they will not hire thugs to make you pay for your transgressions.

• Like 2

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

I just had my first crash to desktop in Skyrim. Steam tells me I've been playing for 153 hours so far.

I CTD'd in Skyrim three times in one session, for the first time, immediately after installing last Tuesday's Windows Update. After powering down and rebooting, it hasn't happened since. My hourly total now is only 110, but that's in addition to 600 hours on Xbox. :geek: There is nothing more satisfying than the explosion of light and sound after killing draugr with Dawnbreaker. KABOOM  

• Like 1

All Stop. On Screen.

I CTD'd in Skyrim three times in one session, for the first time, immediately after installing last Tuesday's Windows Update. After powering down and rebooting, it hasn't happened since. My hourly total now is only 110, but that's in addition to 600 hours on Xbox. :geek: There is nothing more satisfying than the explosion of light and sound after killing draugr with Dawnbreaker. KABOOM  

Holy Smoke, 700 hours + on Skyrim is a very impressive amount of time to spend on a game. Nice one, you must know Skyrim backwards by now ?

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Holy Smoke, 700 hours + on Skyrim is a very impressive amount of time to spend on a game. Nice one, you must know Skyrim backwards by now ?

It's because I keep searching for romance ...  :shifty:

• Like 3

All Stop. On Screen.

• Like 2

Free games updated 3/4/21

Okay finally something I can help you with around Skyrim, I can suggest some relevant adult mods that should solve that problem :wub:  

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Reached chapter 6 in Bravely Default. Stopped caring about the story at the very beginning of chapter 5. The job system and the brave/default system are the two things I care for now.

Brother asked me to play Borderlands 2 with him, so I will probably give that a try sometime this week.

Ghost Recon, some of the maps look decent on 1680x1050. Not the urban maps though, yuck.  Have lost my sense of pace for the game though, I keep losing soldiers due to being impatient and not utilizing cover.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I think I have about 30 hours of playtime in Skyrim.  I enjoyed those 30 hours, but I have no desire to return to it, for whatever reason.  I'm not sure what it is, as I recognize Skyrim to be a better game than Oblivion, and better even than Morrowind, in some respects (worse in others).  I played both the previous games for hundreds of hours, but not Skyrim.  I think I may just be tired of Elder Scrolls in general.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

The Melkathi Family took 7 Grand Steps:

Khet married Selk and had 5 children. They were poor farmers. the children were hungry with drawn in cheeks, as the fields had grown salty. Khet begged the priests for assistance. Even though the granaries were ull, the priests only rationed out the bare necessary grain.

While buying amphorae from the city kilns, Khet talked with the potter about city life, and though the man decried crime and murder, Khet decided that his family too would some day escape to the city and a better life.

Khet and Selk's eldest son Amasis married Tjetmutiu after saving her life, even though she originaly rejected his advances. They toiled their whole life to realise Khet's dream. But it would be their eldest daughter Magdy who, after being driven out of the family home, would succeed, alongside her husband Menkheperure. Magdy became a potter, like the one who had inspired her grandfather, and rose to the Artisan Caste. Of course other craftsmen resented her, but she did not mind them.

Khek was to follow in his parents footsteps, but the gods had other plans. Spurned by the women of the caste, he eventually adopted an orphan named Khepri.

Perhaps it was the pain of seeing her foster father die a poor man, forsaken by his caste that drove Khepri to honour his memory and succeed. And though pottery had been the family;s rise, it had also been her father's downfall. Thus Khepri turned her bright mind elsewhere and it was through her insights, that the army was reformed. Eventually even the amphorae trade picked up again.

Khepri's and Jeroen's son Hamadi was a rich man (for his caste). That did not save him from being drafted and placed in command of seven other men. He tried his best, but the ilness that swept through the army did not spare him and when the battle was upon them, nothing could salvage morale. He was pronounced a War Hero, but his wife, Meretseger, was left to provide for their child alone. She was a lot like her mother in law though, and soon the galleys' captains talked about her ideas. Again though, recognition and fame did little to protect the family. When Meretseger found out about the growing tension with the City of the Sun God and spread this knowledge, so people could prepare themselves for the inevitable war, she was branded a traitor and forced to flee the city with her daughter Jamila.

(the story coninutes a century later with Jamila's decendent Xeno)

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Phew, I thought my 400-500 hours was a lot.

• Like 1

I know a guy who has 900 hours in L4D and 1000 in L4D2

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

I think I have about 30 hours of playtime in Skyrim.  I enjoyed those 30 hours, but I have no desire to return to it, for whatever reason.  I'm not sure what it is, as I recognize Skyrim to be a better game than Oblivion, and better even than Morrowind, in some respects (worse in others).  I played both the previous games for hundreds of hours, but not Skyrim.  I think I may just be tired of Elder Scrolls in general.

Maybe it was the Romance options in Skyrim that you couldn't handle....being faced with true love can be daunting :biggrin:

John Milton 

Phew, I thought my 400-500 hours was a lot.

No your time on Skyrim is impressive, but Manifsted's time is extraordinarily impressive :)

John Milton