What are you playing now

Rosbjerg

JOIN HIM!

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Most of the games I want are "Early Access"

I've seen several Early Access games that seem like they could be interesting for me, but considering what feels like the oft extreme length of development time/pacing on most Early Access, I'm extremely hesitant at this point to pay to play an early early alpha...when by the time they ever get around to being even close to "finished" it may no longer resemble the game I initially played. I still like the concept I suppose (although it's starting to feel like too much of a fad) but I've discovered most of the time, at least, I like waiting for a final product. Sometimes I think Steam should require an Early Access game to be further along before putting it up, too.

The other problem I personally have is the types of games I've liked in the past aren't often made now. Just rarely interested in the new games. :/

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I've bought several early access games that were well worth even at the stage I got them:

Full Mojo Rampage

Age of Decadence

Dungeon of the Endless

Xenonauts

But I am careful with what I buy early access wise. Don't want to accidentally get something which is just a tech demo, get bored and then not give the game a chance when there is stuff to do.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

I had a blast playing AP, Melkathi should have joined in.  

It had been awhile, and I forgot how crazy the dialogue options are in this game.  I bought a new copy off Steam, so I need to play through recruit to open up the option to play Veteran.

2nd try in Banished, have reached 30 adult population. I was doing great on food at first then it suddenly started to take a nose-dive. Realized the cherry tree field I had wasn't actually producing anything. The cherry trees were growing and workers were on the field, but the "yield" bar never filled, so nothing. I made a cabbage field, that worked fine. So...whatever, maybe a bug?  :disguise:

After a while Gatherer's output seems to lessen - over harvesting within their circle? Shut down, build a new one somewhere else. But that might mean Gatherer's in long term aren't too efficient. Fishing wharf circles shouldn't overlap, seems to slow them down. Eventually, farms and fishing should be the bulk maybe?

Next problem: Apparently their tools break, so suddenly no one had tools and production crawled. Made tool-maker. Half the population is now running around in ragged clothes, but I don't have the workers for a tailor, let alone education buildings or all the other stuff. The forester building seems to take a few game years to really get going. And so on. But at least everyone's happy and almost all-stars healthy, anyway.

It's awesome.

If I'm suffering from mass starvation, I just let it cull. Lol

Ka-ka-ka-ka-Cocaine!

Z9SVsCY.gif

I've just started on Metro Last Light and I'm really enjoying it, I like the artistic interpretation of the post-apocalyptic world and the various factions that exist, like The Reich. I did have some lagging issues that are known about but by disabling Physics its seems to have resolved it

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

back and forth from BF4 - which i hate now. It is not BF2 so I need to move on.

have you tried Project Reality for BF2?

it's like BF2 meets Insurgency 

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Borderlands. I've had the goty on steam for a while and now i remembered and i never actually played any of the DLCs so i'm doing that now.

So Shadworun:returns  part 2 is  coming next week, right? Just enough time to play it before DkS2 then.

Edited by Majek

1.13 killed off Ja2.

Reminds me to try to turn off notifications in Steam, in Ghost Recon my ammo HUD keeps being blocked  by some notification that some jackhole on my friends list is play Titanfall or whatever :p  Huge notice too. 

Been playing more Banished, had to restart as I kept floundering in my first village, I think I poorly placed gatherer huts.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Have to get them from a trader I think.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I wonder, how soon will a Titanfall sale happen after its release? I want to buy it, but it's clearly not polished enough to justify a day-one purchase. so, waiting a couple of months won't hurt, but I wouldn't want to buy it at full price and then see it on sale  :getlost:

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

I want to buy it, but it's clearly not polished enough to justify a day-one purchase.

Huh! That's definitely not something that I agree with :S

The game will eventually come down in price (as all games do), though I couldn't say how long that would take.

I wonder, how soon will a Titanfall sale happen after its release? I want to buy it, but it's clearly not polished enough to justify a day-one purchase. so, waiting a couple of months won't hurt, but I wouldn't want to buy it at full price and then see it on sale  :getlost:

Probably have no one in MP by the time they cut the price. :p

Probably have no one in MP by the time they cut the price. :p

you're probably right  :(

Walsingham said:

After reading a bit about a superhero RPG in the blasphemy thread, I decided to launch DC Universe Online.  I don't know why I stopped playing this game, it is fantastic.  Tons to explore, tons of DC universe goodness, and tons of cool ways to develop a new superhero.

Well, at least if the gameplay is something I really like, I can still obsess unnaturally over a game, at least for a time. Banished might even be that game that I keep going back to periodically for my main gaming fix, until PoE arrives. By then I should be finally tired of huge towns + "starting over." Should be just about right, that timing. :biggrin:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

No more Titanfall :(

So probably more BF4 and Horizon!

Alan what did you think about Titanfall? Did it manage to be FPS but not too FPSy?

If that makes sense?

Someone said the NPC grunts sort of ruined it, what was your view?

sonsofgygax.JPG

Someone said the NPC grunts sort of ruined it, what was your view?

Hehe! That came across as funny. I immediately thought of the grunts of the American tennis player Jimmy Connors in the 70s.

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***