What are you playing now

Rosbjerg

Anyone been playing Divinity - Original Sin? It's being touted as a spiritual successor to the old Ultimas. Possibly because of the inclusion of a bread baking feature, I'm not sure. Keeping an eye on this one.

But can you bake bread using blood?

• Like 2

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Played a good deal more of ESO this evening.  Without going into details, I can say it really is an Elder Scrolls game.  For better or worse, the gameplay, the quests, and the graphics are all a culmination of everything it is that Bethesda does.  

I'm always smitten by the ES games for the first chunk of hours, and then they tend to wear on me.  It will be interesting to see if the social aspect will extend that life for me.

I can say it really is an Elder Scrolls game.

Does that mean you can find a list of bugs online and how you can fix them using the console? Something which ironically only PC players can do and not console players ;)

prid 3b59

moveto player

prid 3b59

ressurect

• Like 1

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Amalur gets slightly better again once you change continent. But overal, quest design was not the game's strong point :p

The DLCs are quite good. So if you need a change, empty your inventory and do one of those.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Bravely Default. Only about 4 hours in, but I'm hooked for now.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

They sure took a massive dump on the lore.

But lo! there's already cosplay.

ayrenn_by_kaloheart7-d6laf72.jpg

Glass Armor Crafting Skill: 100.

This Polygon opinion makes a good case for the success of Skyrim being the best argument against ESO. I had not heard that twenty million copies of Skyrim were sold as of June, 2013. That is a lot of dragons.   

All Stop. On Screen.

weE9i0I.png

Seed in the year 555 of the Second Era — a very auspicious date, though I will spare you the reasons why, as you lack the context to comprehend its full significance. However, you can believe me when I tell you all Summerset, Auridon, and Artaeum celebrated her birth for fifty-five days.

It was foretold that Princess Ayrenn would reflect the restless and turbulent times in which she was born, and so it came to pass. Nimble and quick-witted, she was quick to master the lessons of her tutors, and from an early age often adopted unorthodox approaches to schoolwork. In fact, she sometimes became so engrossed in her independent studies that her whereabouts were unknown for days at a time. She would often return from these field trips with unusual knowledge and mastery of remarkable skills.

One day in Evening Star of the year 563 the entire royal family of Alinor gathered at the Crystal Tower to celebrate Ayrenn's matriculation to the Sapiarchs' Labyrinth, where she was to study Altmeri Regal Praxis and Ceremoniarchy for the requisite 3,555 days. But somewhere between the Palace and Tower the princess had disappeared, and despite a 17th Degree Inquiry decreed by the Justiciars, she was nowhere to be found. The Sapiarchs, however, reported that the night of her disappearance was filled with signs and portents, the constellation of the Lady seeming to ride the constellation of the Steed, while the Great Orrery spun backward, and a young eaglet was found atop the statue of Topal the Explorer.

In due course Prince Naemon, Ayrenn's eldest brother, was named heir to the throne of Alinor, and in 565 he matriculated into the Labyrinth. Naemon, like his father, was a natural ceremoniarch, who seemed to have a genuine relish for the rites and duties ordained for the heir by tradition. Indeed, when King Hidellith ascended to Aetherius in the year 580, Prince Naemon immediately began preparing to speak the eighty-eight day Coronation Liturgy that would elevate him to the throne in his father's place.

Then, in a day of divine glory, the unforeseen occurred! Word came from Port Velyn in Valenwood that Princess Ayrenn was on her way to Auridon by swan ship! In wonder and haste, the Court of Alinor took itself to Firsthold to greet her, arriving just in time to welcome her unexpected return. Princess Ayrenn announced that she was prepared, as the eldest heir, to assume the Throne of Alinor, and the High Justiciar affirmed that this was, indeed, her right. She was crowned Queen Ayrenn on the 7th of Frost Fall in the year 580.

Now, some of you may have heard wild tales about Princess Ayrenn's adventures during her time away from Summerset — that she sailed as first mate with a pirate captain from Anvil, disguised herself as a Dunmer in order to read the Indigo Scrolls in the vaults of Necrom, bested the Dervishes of Rihad at their own sword-dance, and even outdrank Queen Mabjaarn Flame-Hair of Windhelm in a mead-slamming contest. All myths and tales, I assure you, preposterous and absurd. Our queen was merely preparing for Praxis and Ceremoniarchy in her own fashion of independent study.

Since assuming the throne she has brought some innovations to the rule of our wondrous land — but this is as foretold at the time of her auspicious birth, and the Sapiarchs, one and all, have endorsed her innovations. So you see, students, Ayrenn is undisputed Queen of the Isles, and all is right and proper — as it should be.

sddefault.jpg

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Finished Act II in Arklash: Legacy. Apparently I am about halfway through the game. The story isn't anything special but I find the characters very likeable and the writer(s) tried to add little details here and there. It is a shame the game has quite a few glaring typos (as in whole words missing in the subtitles :p ). Still enjoying the gameplay though. Even the puzzles with the levers :)

• Like 1

Finished Mars: War Logs on the side of Honor Grant this time.  You learn a lot more about the motivation of Wisdom when you side with Honor.  It's almost as though this was intended as the "optimal" choice, with siding with the Resistance a way to just expand on the other side of the conflict.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

BG2 with all the NPCs I never really use. It's challenging because some of them suck and / or don't really fit in with my way of playing (AKA CHARGEEE!!!)

I would pity you, but I'm a soul-less monster without a shred of decency.

Enjoy having Aerie whine every fifteen minutes!

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Completed The Banner Saga.

I was having a great time until the final boss. I didn't have much difficulty downing the boss in the first encounter, but I could't defeat it in round two. My characters were simply not strong enough. (Or maybe my puny "strategic" brain didn't have what it takes. I didn't have many level 5 character because many of the people I trained decided to betray me, leave me or die on me. Ended up with lots of level 2-4 characters and maybe three level 5 characters that I really didn't want to use. After trying the battle over and over again for the last two and a half hours, I decided to lower the difficulty to easy, which of course posed no challenge at all. At least I got to see the ending. I plan to replay the game sometime but only focus on character I am fairly certain about making it to the end.

Picked up Democracy 3 out of curiosity, and ended up just losing most of my evening and night to running the UK.

• Like 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Picked up Democracy 3 out of curiosity, and ended up just losing most of my evening and night to running the UK.

Would you recommend it?

Democracy 3 is the worst form of government games except all the others that have been tried.

Edit: Oh and playing Skyrim currently, following the same pattern Oblivion did. First week or two the game feels great, then the initial enthusiasm worns out and the utterly idiotic world starts to piss me off enough to quit playing.

Then months later I get back to it with carefully picked mods and just enjoying the game as it is.

Edited by Slinky

Enjoy having Aerie whine every fifteen minutes!

Only because she can whine faster than Chiktikka Fastpaws.

I've got her in my party atm. The cleric / mage isn't a class I've used that much, but the utility / spell combos are interesting and fun.

I just can't bear the voice. It's... it's driving me bloody nuts. That and "for the needy!!!" Nalia. They are both going to die soon. I've got a CN barbarian so it's going to be Bad Anomen, Jan Jansen, Edwin and Viconia Korgan again.

sonsofgygax.JPG

Would you recommend it?

Hm, I think I'd definitely say so while it's on sale. It's not a huge game, and there's a definite curve to picking up some of the finer points in juggling everything, but it's certainly got a touch of addictive play to it. "Just one more quarter, I need to get the budget balanced, I need to check my focus groups...."

As has been pointed out in a few reviews, I would say the game really isn't about politics and government, so much as more social engineering and how various policies cause the population to react.

Edited by Raithe
  • Like 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Congratulations you've just done more work than has ocurred in the past years worth of sittings at parliament.

• Like 4

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Trying to finish Just Cause 2, but the game crashes everytime I break a lot of stuff so....

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra