What are you playing now

Rosbjerg

Titanfall! Almost level 40 now, not sure if I'm going to prestige so soon.

Playing it on XBone since I know how these ex-Infinity Ward employees used to put console over pc in their priorities. Optimization Example: Currently 16gb install on XBone, 50gb on PC (lol wut) 

So is it CoD with Mechs?  Or is there more to it than that simplistic description?

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I only played CoD: MW in MP for a couple of days. same with Titanfall. and from what I've seen in both games I feel that's a relatively accurate comparison

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Titanfall! Almost level 40 now, not sure if I'm going to prestige so soon.

Playing it on XBone since I know how these ex-Infinity Ward employees used to put console over pc in their priorities. Optimization Example: Currently 16gb install on XBone, 50gb on PC (lol wut)

So is it CoD with Mechs?  Or is there more to it than that simplistic description?

Yes, however everything is extremely well balanced out, and the new stories and moments that arise from this are pretty awesome. Maps are bigger too.

Like earlier I just seized a hard point in the 2nd floor of a building. I call my mech over to my location, and then it sticks its hand through the window of the 2nd floor, grabs me and puts me back in the ****pit, in which shorty after a mech fist fight ensues with other titans outside

Another time, my team just lost a match, and by default, the losing team always has to board an escape ship, which nets you many points. My escape ship was sitting on top of a tall building about to depart in 10 seconds, but I was stuck cornered in a close quarters mech fight, and my Titan very low on health. Thankfully I had the nuclear ejection perk, in which I ejected a hundred feet into the air while my Titan exploded and nuked the two other enemy titans that we're beating on me. I perfectly positioned my landing to that escape ship and got the hell out lol.

• Like 2

FarCry 3, second playthrough. At this point I think i's safe to say that this game has been the most entertaining FPS since Goldeneye 64. The story still leaves a lot to be desired but that's hardly noticeable when there so much to do and see aside from the story missions and such.

• Like 1

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

I don't think Titanfall is CoD with mechs. I find that a shallow, yet easy, assessment of the game. I personally think it is CoD gunplay strapped onto something more akin to an old Arena FPS game. With the parkour and double jump you have the mobility and speed of an old Quake game or Unreal. The Mechs are Quad-Damage/Quad-Armor with a graphical representation and a weapon change. The game, IMHO, has more going on than CoD in the tactics department simply because of how open the maps tend to be. You have almost infinite paths to where you are going. You aren't force down a corridor. Do you man your titan? Do you leave it on auto pilot to distract the enemy team's only Titan while you move to flank with an anti-tank weapon? Should you rodeo the titan? The game isn't as simple as CoD. You don't walk down one of a few hallways, shoot a gun, and toss a grenade here and there. You move as fast and platformer-like as you can.

I like it far more than CoD. I haven't heavily played a CoD since 4 as I grew tired of the formula. This injects a Cod formula into a formula from my past (which I much prefer) to make a hybrid of sorts.

Like I said, it is easy to call it CoD with Big Robots, and there are similarities. I find the differences between Titanfall and CoD to be more prevalent than the similarities.

I really like TF, and I recommend it to anyone that can appreciate the type of gameplay we lost when Arena shooters died out to CoD clones. I am having similar feelings from when I first played Halo: CE, Quake, Unreal, etc. It has jet packs like Tribes, Parkour like brink, CoD gunplay, and then the titans.

edit: Obviously, I am playing Titanfall, but I am using South Park as a breather when I need a break from MP shooter world. Thanks Obsidian! I am really enjoying South Park. I knew I would like it from the moment I tried to talk to Cartman's Mom at the beginning of the game. You guys made a great game, and I am glad I bought it.

Edited by Ganrich
  • Like 1

what's this new X-Com you're talking about?  :blink:

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

It's just X-Com, the new Piraxis version. I've just never got around to playing it, mainly because I know it's like crack. Now I've got the whole Steam bundle with the 1950's themed version, the vanilla one and some DLC.

All my soldiers have butch names that make them sound like either (a) 80s action heroes or (b) adult entertainment artistes.

sonsofgygax.JPG

Dark Souls II for 18 hours straight. :geek:

Get some sleep.  You'll still be doomed for eternity when you wake up tomorrow.

I know and i love it. Good thing i have no red bull or any similar drink around. I might not sleep until i die (so 4-5 days of playing). :grin: 

1.13 killed off Ja2.

Finally finished Sout Park, one of the most enjoyable rpg's i've played in a long time, one bug when I finally got Shoe but apart from that as stable as the proverbial brick WC. I'm really looking forward to either dlc, a sequel or Poe if neither of these come out first.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Dark Souls II for 18 hours straight. :geek:

Get some sleep.  You'll still be doomed for eternity when you wake up tomorrow.

I know and i love it. Good thing i have no red bull or any similar drink around. I might not sleep until i die (so 4-5 days of playing). :grin:

Alternatively, you could contract this disease and play for a full few months until your brain shuts down and you expire. :)

Or you could sleep. :p

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

The Long War mod (look under the optional files section) for EW is now in beta and is quite playable. It revamps the game thoroughly - even more thoroughly than Enemy Within did. So if you want more XCOM, it's the perfect solution. Some of the stuff they've changed I'm amazed is even possible within the engine - e.g. eight classes, three choices of ability for each promotion, panic being a fine-grained 100-point scale and with the ability to take back countries who have left (but also new ways to lose countries), giving interceptors experience and promotions, and aliens having research and promotions of their own. The most notable thing strategically is that soldiers get fatigued after missions, forcing you to maintain a larger roster with multiple squads to rotate in and out.

And despite all the fancy new toys and abilities you get - heck, you get six soldiers from the very first mission and two item slots always - it's clearly harder than the original balance.

Edited by Humanoid
  • Like 1

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Doesn't say if it works with Enemy within. The Exalt missions are kinda annoying, but I would'nt want to do without the mechs and supesoldiers.  

EDIT : actually it says it doesn't in the first sentence of the description. :p

It was originally a mod for EU, the beta version is the EW-compatible (and expanded featurewise) version - the description isn't updated for the beta.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Finished my second play through of Stick of Truth; first time as a Jew, second time as a thief.  Taking a break before trying the other two classes.  Probably going back to playing Dishonored's DLC.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)