What are you playing now

Rosbjerg

Stick of Truth, right now -- Just realized I missed a Chinpokomon in one of the story areas where I apparently can't go back... FUUUUUUUUUUUUUU -- Oh, well, I'm game for some more playthroughs. Having a blast with South Park.

That's exactly what happened to me on my first play through.  I ended up with 29 out of 30 of them, missing one you can only get during a story mission.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Have to give them credit for their courage, if nothing else. Calling the game "Titanfall" shows a lot of confidence in the product. What with the internet being full of trolls who are just waiting for an excuse to hate the game and celebrate themselves as the pinacle of all that is witty when they call it "Titanfail".

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

damn, I could never pay full price for that game. it's just ridiculously overpriced. 80 Euros for a strictly multiplayer project is insane

Don't worry, you're only missing COD with some crappy mechs.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

damn, I could never pay full price for that game. it's just ridiculously overpriced. 80 Euros for a strictly multiplayer project is insane

Not to discount anyone else's opinion on this game, but this is kind of how I felt after playing the beta a bit.  But to each their own.

Not to discount anyone else's opinion on this game, but this is kind of how I felt after playing the beta a bit.  But to each their own.

I've heard lots of positive discussion that painted a different picture. So I'm actually a bit surprised. I'd like to hear elaboration from one who actually played, if you're up for it.

Just for informative purposes. I have no interest in playing multiplayer shooters myself.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I played Titanfall's beta. and I loved it. it's a perfect mix of Counter Strike, Tribes and UT2004 - the only shooters I ever enjoyed.  

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Waiting for Titanfall to release, I played the X-Com demo.

There goes the next six months of my life.

I'm assuming that officially ends your MMO experiment?

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I've heard lots of positive discussion that painted a different picture. So I'm actually a bit surprised. I'd like to hear elaboration from one who actually played, if you're up for it.

Just for informative purposes. I have no interest in playing multiplayer shooters myself.

It is not the ultimate savior of the FPS genre that it was made out to be, there are some unbalanced (downright cheating) strategies in particular the stealth + auto aim gun.

But the biggest gripe is that the game's main attraction; the Titans, turned out to be an underpowered shell and what should had been a group of people working together and setting defenses against a massive enemy is one guy putting a few rounds on the window.

It literally is a modern shooter with the addition of some robots that in now way alter the game to make it anything other than a modern shooter. I guess that if you like that, then the game is for you. I was expecting something more.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Tried to get "Mountain Men" achievement in Banished. Failed due to not building a hospital in time and having a bad disease outbreak in year 10 (disease usually doesn't hit me that early) .

Noticed I actually still had Caesar 4 installed from whenever I installed it last (probably reinstalled and never played...). Tried to fire it up. Was reminded how graphic/performance unoptimized that game was and Win7 doesn't improve it, urgh. Still, I have a save game of the Roma sandbox map with 600k money, right after I deleted the small trade town that made the money, so I could just goof off.

Thing is, while I liked some things about C4, it wasn't my favorite. I think what I want is to be able to smush Banished and Caesar 3, with a smattering of features from C4, together into one game....

• Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

My favorite of the city building genre games was Zeus.  Last time I tried to get my disc running on a modern OS it laughed at me.  I should scoop up the GOG version sometime so that I can play it without jumping through hoops.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Tried to get "Mountain Men" achievement in Banished. Failed due to not building a hospital in time and having a bad disease outbreak in year 10 (disease usually doesn't hit me that early) .

Noticed I actually still had Caesar 4 installed from whenever I installed it last (probably reinstalled and never played...). Tried to fire it up. Was reminded how graphic/performance unoptimized that game was and Win7 doesn't improve it, urgh. Still, I have a save game of the Roma sandbox map with 600k money, right after I deleted the small trade town that made the money, so I could just goof off.

Thing is, while I liked some things about C4, it wasn't my favorite. I think what I want is to be able to smush Banished and Caesar 3, with a smattering of features from C4, together into one game....

Caesar 4 pissed me off with the equites' need for security, pansy bastards. So having to make walled enclaves for them was the only way to get the max homes for them, but was a hassle.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Titanfall! Almost level 40 now, not sure if I'm going to prestige so soon.

Playing it on XBone since I know how these ex-Infinity Ward employees used to put console over pc in their priorities. Optimization Example: Currently 16gb install on XBone, 50gb on PC (lol wut) 

Titanfall! Almost level 40 now, not sure if I'm going to prestige so soon.

Playing it on XBone since I know how these ex-Infinity Ward employees used to put console over pc in their priorities. Optimization Example: Currently 16gb install on XBone, 50gb on PC (lol wut)

Wouldn't that be larger textures? (and/or sounds?)

*Don't know; I don't have the game.

Edited by Gizmo

Caesar 4 pissed me off with the equites' need for security, pansy bastards. So having to make walled enclaves for them was the only way to get the max homes for them, but was a hassle.

Ha, had forgotten about that. That was a bit annoying. Still...it had advantages over the constantly evolving/de-evolving palaces of Ceaser3. :lol:

With Banished's decent sales (for what it is), I hope more such projects will pop out and do well. C'mon programmers - all the little ways to get indie games off the ground these days .. it's time for a city builder revival!

For simple-graphic/older style, "1849" is a maybe. The overlarge workers with their barrels are visually overwhelming but I might keep an eye on its progress.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=217009121

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Titanfall! Almost level 40 now, not sure if I'm going to prestige so soon. Playing it on XBone since I know how these ex-Infinity Ward employees used to put console over pc in their priorities. Optimization Example: Currently 16gb install on XBone, 50gb on PC (lol wut)

Wouldn't that be larger textures? (and/or sounds?)*Don't know; I don't have the game.

Just the uncompressed sound I believe, so it will run better on low spec CPUs