Games on your Steam List of which you're the only one who knows plays

Agiel

While I waited for a migraine to pass before a gaming session, I glanced through my Steam list and checked to see who else on my friend's list had played the games I had. 

I found in a library of about 117 games, a frightening amount of them I was the only one I knew who played. So I thought I'd start a thread for people to let their eccentricities shine. Those who have a fairly good idea of what I'm about shouldn't be surprised by a few I had:

-----------------

688(i) Hunter/Killer

Bientôt l'été (I do not strictly speaking have it on Steam, though it is available, and I'm 110% certain I'm the only one I know who has it, and actually kind of likes it).

Bloodrayne 2

Cargo! The Quest for Gravity!

Cryostasis

Dangerous Waters

Fallen Enchantress (however, some other people I knew had played the expandalone, which is more of a testament to their savvy and my stupidity)

Fleet Command

Jade Empire: Special Edition

The Path

Silent Hunter: Wolves of the Pacific (and the U-Boat Missions)

Silent Hunter 5: Battle of the Atlantic

Sub Command (Eagle-eyed readers may have spotted a theme)

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Island Thunder

Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six 3 and expansions

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory (I have had these since launch, but bought them on the cheap so I didn't have to worry about losing discs)

The Void

----------

Now enough of me sounding like a lunatic with my taste in games, what are yours?

Edited by Agiel
  • Like 1
“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

That'd be roughly half my games list.  Having 3 steam friends does that.  Hell, I'm the only one of the 3 of us who owns Portal, and Valve practically gives that away these days. 

An IRL friend has pulled me into occasional multiplayer Torchlight 2 and Borderlands, and we used Steam's voice-chat client.  (It ended when we got bored with Torchlight and figured out that Borderlands gave his wife motion sickness.)  That is the entirety of my multiplayer PC-gaming experience. 

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Island Thunder

Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six 3 and expansions

I still play those. Even played through Vegas 2.  For me it is

• Star Ruler
  • AI War : Fleet Command

Everything else I bought to play with friends, so. 

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I know of others that have played Legends of Dawn, but I may be the only person to stick with it long enough to rack up 27 hours on it.  It's a terrible game that I, for some bizarre reason, enjoy playing.

• Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Bastion

Duke Nukem Forever

Kayne & Lynch

Kayne & Lynch 2

Aliens: Colonial Marines

Cities XL

Cuthulhu Saves the World

Frozen Synapse

Hydrophobia: Prophecy

Impire

Gone Home

Jagged Alliance: Back in Action

Jagged Alliance: Crossfire

Legend of Grimrock

Magika

Medal of Honour (2010)

Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes

Monday Night Combat

Natural Selection 2

The Next BIG Thing

Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising 

Resident Evil: Operation Racoon City

Runaway series

Section 8

Shattered Horizon

Silent Hill Homecoming

Trapped Dead

UFO: Afterlight

UFO: Extraterrestrials 

Yesterday

Edited by Serrano

I'm on Serrano's friend list and play a few of those he listed...

So:

LIAR, LIAR, PANTS ON FIRE! :fdevil:

:rolleyes:

Games on my list nobody on my friendlist owns (in brackets those I haven't actually gotten round to installing though) :

4 Elements

A Walk in the Dark

Aerena

The Age of Decadence

The Cat and the Coup

(Chains)

(Cities XL Platinum)

Containment the Zombie Puzzler

Dangerous High School Girls in Trouble

Divinity Original Sin Beta

(Enclave)

(Eternity's Child)

Fortix 2

Go Home Dinosaurs!

Hamilton's Great Adventure

Knock-Knock

Legend of Fae

(Lucidity)

Our Darker Purpose Beta

Pressure

Puzzle Quest: Galactrix

Race the Sun

(RAW - Realms of Ancient War)

Rocketbirds: Hardboiled Chicken

Salvation Prophecy

Sengoku

Shad'O

Silverfall

(Silverfall: Earth Awakening)

Space Ark

Syder Arcade

Thomas was Alone

Tiny Troopers

Toki Tori 2+

Grand Theft Auto: Vice City

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Well no-one on my friends list apparently has (of course, I've only got about half a dozen people on my friends list):

Hitman Absolution

AI War: Fleet Command

Alan Wake

Armada 2526

Back to the Future Episodes 1-6

Bully: Scholarship Edition

Chronicles of Riddick

Ghost Master

Ghostbusters The Video Game

Lost Horizon

Saints Row 2

Secret Files: Tunguska

Sid Meier's Pirates

Star Ruler

Star Wolves

World of Goo

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

As someone with 159 friends on Steam;

:  Vampire the Masquerade:  Bloodlines is owned by 3 others I've talked to all of them and none of them actually played more than like the intro.

: Thief:  Deadly Shadows is owned by five other people, only one has played more than an hour of it.

: Stronghold Crusader Extreme HD is owned by only me but Stronghold Crusader HD isn't; couldn't tell you which of the two I played (would've been in offline mode) but fun game.

CORSAIR, n. A politician of the seas. ~The Devil's Dictionary

Haven't beaten all of them:

Postal 2 Complete

Delver

BIT.TRIP.RUNNER

Cry of Fear

Guncraft 

Insecticide Part 1

Ring Runner: Flight of the Sages

Ben there, Dan That

Time Gentlemen, Please!

Shadow Man

Viking: Battle for Asgard

Eleusis

Jamestown

Organ Trail

Primordia

Zigfrak

McPixel

There is also a game on Desura called Dawnstar which is pretty interesting. Not sure if the devs are still working on the game, because the steam greenlight page doesn't exist anymore. The desura version works but don't expect a polished game.

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Out of the 125ish games on my list I only have a few games that don't have anyone on my friends list of 120ish people that have played them. I haven't actually put any hours into most of these. Super Hexagon is should likely be removed soon. I gifted a friend a copy of it earlier today.

Sin

Super Hexagon

Most of the Same and Max episodes

Edited by Deraldin

I could only find two, for games I actually enjoy(ed) play(ing)...and they were expansions: Total War: Rome: Alexander, and Total War: Medieval II: Kingdoms. Only checked about 40 out of my 166+282 library.

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Ghostbusters The Video Game .. I saw why after playing a few minutes..

Poker night at the Inventory 2

Europa Universalis Rome Gold

Zenbound 2

Rock of Ages.. Thought it might be funny, it wasn't.

Fortune favors the bald.