RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

Rosbjerg

Interesting looking game

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/12/09/first-look-no-mans-sky/

“Don’t take this the wrong way, but our background is as console developers, and I think everything about the game bears hallmarks of that,” says Murray. “In terms of your controls, in terms of the fluidity of the game, this is not a quirky, hard-to-decipher experience.”

Hmmmm.. :p

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Not really excited by that. Procedural generation itself has never wowed me. The games that use it instead gain my attention for the depth of play that works alongside it.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Interesting looking game

“Don’t take this the wrong way, but our background is as console developers, and I think everything about the game bears hallmarks of that,” says Murray. “In terms of your controls, in terms of the fluidity of the game, this is not a quirky, hard-to-decipher experience.”

I also thought it was interesting.

So now that I've watched the trailers from VGX (the only thing I gave the least bit of a **** about from that show) on YouTube, I'd just like to say: 

NO MAN'S SKY!  NO MAN'S SKY'S!!  NO MAN'S SKY!!!  BAH GAWD, NO MAN'S SKY!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNVgVl6v6YU

Excited-Amy-Adams-In-Cute-Dress-Reaction

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Interesting looking game

A bit out of context, he's talking about PC space sims where Eve is specifically mentioned. X-Wing, Elite, and Wing Commander weren't the simplest experiences, although some of the 6-axis space sims on PC weren't that complicated, Descent and Rogue Squadron were on PC. Are they really quirky and hard-to-decipher or are console players just idiots that like shallow games?

Elite maybe not. But X-Wing and WC were pretty darn simple.  Not seriously thinking that this game is for console untermensch or something like that from that quote alone, just found it funny.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I clicked the RPS link for No Man's Sky but was more intrigued by the ad for Kenshi, has anyone heard about or played this?

Yes, it is in development already since a long time and started out on moddb:

http://www.moddb.com/games/kenshi

It doesn't look bad to me, but I am following it since years and it feels to me as if their progress is really slow.

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

I clicked the RPS link for No Man's Sky but was more intrigued by the ad for Kenshi, has anyone heard about or played this?

Yes, it is in development already since a long time and started out on moddb:

http://www.moddb.com/games/kenshi

It doesn't look bad to me, but I am following it since years and it feels to me as if their progress is really slow.

Well people need something else to wait on while they wait for Overgrowth to be completed.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

I actually don't think that Overgrowth will ever be finished. :>

And by now it already took so much time, that I am certain the game will suck when it is released.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

The horrible thing is that I love that movie.

You are not alone. Fun Fact, disney was going to add cartoon Giselle to the disney princess line, but Amy Adams wanted them to pay for likeness rights.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

No sweaty Space Marines with big guns on promo art? This has potential.

From a company that has absolutely none experience on this genre and is known only from their strategy games, that have had some less than positive qualities at times?

The realist (or pessimist, pick your poison) in me is telling me to expect the worst.

The realist (or pessimist, pick your poison) in me is telling me to expect the worst.

Doesn't the realist (or pessimist) in you tell you that with most titles though? :)

True enough, the worst part is it's most often right :(

Bugs are more impressive in space.

• Like 1

Well.. "How the Saints Saved Christmas" is now released.

I am so going to jump on that seasonal spirit later. :shifty:

• Like 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

If it's anything like Enter the Dominatrix then it will be really short and really really ridiculous and awesome.  I already own it because I bought the season pass.  I know, I know, I'm part of the problem by buying a season pass, but I couldn't help myself.  I love Saints Row 4 so much, I felt compelled to throw my money at Volition Deep Silver.  This coming weekend I'll scoop up some nog and get my Christmas spirit on with the Saints.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

If it's anything like Enter the Dominatrix then it will be really short and really really ridiculous and awesome.  I already own it because I bought the season pass.  I know, I know, I'm part of the problem by buying a season pass, but I couldn't help myself.  I love Saints Row 4 so much, I felt compelled to throw my money at Volition Deep Silver.  This coming weekend I'll scoop up some nog and get my Christmas spirit on with the Saints.

Don't worry, I did the same. Sure, when it comes down to it with the Saints 4 DLC you're paying for the humour and amusing lines as much as the gameplay. Although I think this DLC is only about 3 missions, a bunch of cutscenes, a couple of vehicles, and some oddball weapons.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."