Wayside Creations (Fallout Nuka Break webseries) just posted this update:

Hello everyone!

A new Kickstarter campaign has launched for our Legend of Grimrock series.

We were inspired by the success story of Finnish independent game developers Almost Human, and captivated by the Legend of Grimrock’s storyline and design, so we reached out to the creators in hopes of developing a live-action series within the Grimrock world. Equally excited over the potential of a Grimrock series, Almost Human has partnered with us to develop a new, licensed series and bring the Legend of Grimrock to life in a whole new way. The Legend of Grimrock series will bring Wayside Creations veterans and new talent together. Co-founder Vincent Talenti (Fallout: Nuka Break seasons 1 & 2 and Fallout: Red Star) is set to direct the series. Obsidian Entertainment’s Chris Avellone (Fallout: New Vegas, Knights of the Old Republic 2) is attached to the series as a writer. The cast of Nuka Break, including Wayside Creations’ series regular Vic Mignogna (Full Metal Alchemist, Star Trek Continues), will return for roles and/or assist in the development of Grimrock.

As part of the campaign, backers will get access to exclusive products—including the first Steam keys to the Legend of Grimrock sequel coming out in 2014. Other rewards will include a Blu-ray/DVD combo set with bonus features, signed props from the production, and opportunities for creative input on the project. Although high fantasy is a genre not usually tackled by indie filmmakers, we look forward to creating a quality high fantasy piece supported by the strength of the independent gaming community. Legend of Grimrock is an ambitious project designed to give fans of the game the live action series they deserve, while also offering our fans a new world to explore.

While the new campaign is running, we'll of course be hard at work putting the finishing touches on your Nuka Break perks. Keep an eye on the horizon for those in the near future.

We invite all of you to join our newest adventure here:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/waysidecreations/legend-of-grimrock-the-series

• Like 1

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Has anyone tried the Dungeon-Keeper like War for the Overworld alpha stuff via Steam early access (or KS backer access), yet?

I have. It's becoming a pretty good DK clone but it's not far enough along to see how well it'll work out - thus far it lacks the charming black humor that the original had though not for lack of trying. It takes itself a little too seriously and most of the creature designs are played straight (and the only one that's a bit DK type silly is getting a huge backlash in their forums so doesn't seem to be lasting long - a serious case of "the community doesn't get it"). The gameplay is about the same as DK with some more depth to it so far, so that's good.

Wayside Creations (Fallout Nuka Break webseries) just posted this update:

Hello everyone!

A new Kickstarter campaign has launched for our Legend of Grimrock series.

We were inspired by the success story of Finnish independent game developers Almost Human, and captivated by the Legend of Grimrock’s storyline and design, so we reached out to the creators in hopes of developing a live-action series within the Grimrock world. Equally excited over the potential of a Grimrock series, Almost Human has partnered with us to develop a new, licensed series and bring the Legend of Grimrock to life in a whole new way. The Legend of Grimrock series will bring Wayside Creations veterans and new talent together. Co-founder Vincent Talenti (Fallout: Nuka Break seasons 1 & 2 and Fallout: Red Star) is set to direct the series. Obsidian Entertainment’s Chris Avellone (Fallout: New Vegas, Knights of the Old Republic 2) is attached to the series as a writer. The cast of Nuka Break, including Wayside Creations’ series regular Vic Mignogna (Full Metal Alchemist, Star Trek Continues), will return for roles and/or assist in the development of Grimrock.

As part of the campaign, backers will get access to exclusive products—including the first Steam keys to the Legend of Grimrock sequel coming out in 2014. Other rewards will include a Blu-ray/DVD combo set with bonus features, signed props from the production, and opportunities for creative input on the project. Although high fantasy is a genre not usually tackled by indie filmmakers, we look forward to creating a quality high fantasy piece supported by the strength of the independent gaming community. Legend of Grimrock is an ambitious project designed to give fans of the game the live action series they deserve, while also offering our fans a new world to explore.

While the new campaign is running, we'll of course be hard at work putting the finishing touches on your Nuka Break perks. Keep an eye on the horizon for those in the near future.

We invite all of you to join our newest adventure here:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/waysidecreations/legend-of-grimrock-the-series

What a terrible terrible blunder by these folks.  Have they learned nothing?  You don't announce Chris Avellone from the get go, you put him in as a stretch goal.

SNEMOTICON13.gif

:p

• Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Has anyone tried the Dungeon-Keeper like War for the Overworld alpha stuff via Steam early access (or KS backer access), yet?

I have. It's becoming a pretty good DK clone but it's not far enough along to see how well it'll work out - thus far it lacks the charming black humor that the original had though not for lack of trying. It takes itself a little too seriously and most of the creature designs are played straight (and the only one that's a bit DK type silly is getting a huge backlash in their forums so doesn't seem to be lasting long - a serious case of "the community doesn't get it"). The gameplay is about the same as DK with some more depth to it so far, so that's good.

Thanks for that. I wouldn't mind checking it out but not ready to fork over cash for early access yet. If they can keep gameplay similar to DK I'll probably at least enjoy playing it once or twice/worth a buy. Fingers crossed!

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Damn, that's some seriously over the top awesomeness.  A viking babe with an uzi riding a dinosaur?  Yes, please.

Edit:  This brings up the question:  Why aren't there more movies with viking babes with uzis riding on dinosaurs?  

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 2

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Damn, that's some seriously over the top awesomeness.  A viking babe with an uzi riding a dinosaur?  Yes, please.

Edit:  This brings up the question:  Why aren't there more movies with viking babes with uzis riding on dinosaurs?  

It's already funded and more. Wow. 

Ka-ka-ka-ka-Cocaine!

Z9SVsCY.gif

I heard about this one but wasn't interested.

...Then I saw the trailer.

Also this: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/11447722/rubber-band-machine-gun-0

Rubberband Machine Gun.

Edited by Leferd

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Looks so bad it's horrible.

The only thing which is horrible here, is your taste in movies! :skeptical:

Edited by Mamoulian War

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

If I may specify - he'll continue to develop alone instead of in a team for an unpredictable amount of time instead of a fixed release date. Refunds offered - I won't ask for one of course, things are bad enough as they are.

Edited by samm

Citizen of a country with a racist, hypocritical majority

Crowdfunding for Star Citizen just passed US$35 million in December.

They have just announced stretch goals for $36, $37, and $38 million. It boggles the mind.

It does boggle the mind. I wonder if someone can explain how this game could raise so much money...is it old school fans prepared to pay anything for that nostalgic journey  or is it the sales pitch? Does this mean Sci-fi is the way to go for KS projects ...what's Star Citizen secret that allowed such prodigious funding :skeptical:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

They have just announced stretch goals for $36, $37, and $38 million. It boggles the mind.

It does boggle the mind. I wonder if someone can explain how this game could raise so much money...is it old school fans prepared to pay anything for that nostalgic journey  or is it the sales pitch? Does this mean Sci-fi is the way to go for KS projects ...what's Star Citizen secret that allowed such prodigious funding :skeptical:

It's really very simple.  Their fundraising has been going on for over a year now which allows them to keep increasing the number of backers.  The average amount per backer is just over $100 but I would guess a lot of backers have only backed for half that (me for one), the rest made up from the monthly subscription for their backer  "inside" look at the design and development of the game.  There will also be a number of avid fans that have purchased multiple ship packages which can quite quickly add up to hundreds of dollars.  The fact that they are very active on the forums helps also.

Mostly it's as I said, time.  With a very good developer presence on the site.

• Like 1

It's really very simple.  Their fundraising has been going on for over a year now which allows them to keep increasing the number of backers.  The average amount per backer is just over $100 but I would guess a lot of backers have only backed for half that (me for one), the rest made up from the monthly subscription for their backer  "inside" look at the design and development of the game.  There will also be a number of avid fans that have purchased multiple ship packages which can quite quickly add up to hundreds of dollars.  The fact that they are very active on the forums helps also.

Mostly it's as I said, time.  With a very good developer presence on the site.

Makes sense, thanks for the information :)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I guess in an era when Seahawks-Saints playoff tickets are going at $400+ for 3 hours of play, playing $100 for an extensive computer game is becoming feasible. At least for high end gamers.

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

I find Star Citizen an interesting case study in the types of payment options available and what fans actually consider acceptable in terms of price discrimination and exclusive access to content.

Edited by alanschu
  • Like 2

I find Star Citizen an interesting case study in the types of payment options available and what fans actually consider acceptable in terms of price discrimination and exclusive access to content.

I'm not sure if you can apply Star Citizen's craziness to other games.

Space sim fans have been starved for a looooong time, about the only thing on offer since freelancer(which could be argued wasn't a proper space sim) has been the X games(Reborn never happened), which are a whole different beast from Wing Commander games and Freespace. It has been essentially a dead genre. No other genre has been so ignored. Now add to that, the creator of arguably the best and most loved of these games is making this new space sim game, with pretty graphics, mmo features, SP campaign(the thing I'm looking forward to) and aggressive/good marketing to a starved fanbase and whole bunch of peoples wallets open.

I don't think it's reproducible on this level. At least until another genre is ignored to the same extent and length.

cylon_basestar_eye.gif