I'm not sure if you can apply Star Citizen's craziness to other games.

Space sim fans have been starved for a looooong time, about the only thing on offer since freelancer(which could be argued wasn't a proper space sim) has been the X games(Reborn never happened), which are a whole different beast from Wing Commander games and Freespace. It has been essentially a dead genre. No other genre has been so ignored. Now add to that, the creator of arguably the best and most loved of these games is making this new space sim game, with pretty graphics, mmo features, SP campaign(the thing I'm looking forward to) and aggressive/good marketing to a starved fanbase and whole bunch of peoples wallets open.

I don't think it's reproducible on this level. At least until another genre is ignored to the same extent and length.

What you say may apply to the initial funding, but it doesn't explain this madness. In my opinion this snowball started rolling downhill and the bigger it got the more snow it started to pick up, or in other words the bigger the budget became the more people wanted in on it. If I didn't know any better I would call this a pyramid scheme. The sad thing is that it may still prove to be one as I am not sure that this studio can even make a game that would justify this kind of a budget.

I guess time will tell, but if this game fails I think that it will lead to the death of kickstarter for gaming no matter how many other game prove successful.

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

Do you think that putting a limit on the number of how many ships and alpha/beta slots helps them sell faster or better?

I admit that I've almost been tempted a couple times because I was worried I might miss out. Mind you, I'm only in for 30 bucks

Free games updated 3/4/21

Okay seriously. Why do I have to give out personal information I don't want to and they don't need?

Bloom pulled this already and now Consortium.

I just gave them (Bloom) obviously fake info. I think I said I live in the glorious town of Nowhere, Nothere (or something like that) at 221b Baker Street. I told Dani that since all of my rewards were digital, they only needed my email address. I'm hoping we got that because something included was accidentally flagged as physical. Hopefully this isn't Kickstarter wanting us to include all of that info now with everything (nothing else that I've kickstarted has ended its funding period since Bloom) because it kinda looks bad for the creator of the projects end of things.

Edited by babaganoosh13
  • Like 1

You see, ever since the whole Doritos Locos Tacos thing, Taco Bell thinks they can do whatever they want.

Consortium it's just 1,5 h away according to Steam, but we haven't got a Steam code yet. Let's hope for the best, coz I can't wait to play this game.

I started playing that today, I'm only about 30mins in but it feels like being in an episode of a show like Star Trek. Quite liking it so far.  

New Consortium update

To all our treasured backers,

Steam keys...

To try and curtail the confusion going on thanks to our... less than stellar roll out... let us explain where we’re currently at and exactly What Happened:  

Right now everyone at the $17 or higher tiers can go here:  https://www.humblebundle.com/store/keyresender and enter in the email you have attached to Kickstarter. Through this process you can either download a separate copy of the game and/or a Steam Key can be generated here as well. ALL tiers can download a non-Steam version of the game through this process. 

Everyone in the $10/$15 tiers. This was our mistake, as we basically panicked and jumped the gun on starting to send the keys out manually. Within hours of beginning this process, the Keys were ready on Humble to be generated. Because we’d started doing the lower tiers manually, we unfortunately had to *finish* doing them manually or it would have been an even bigger nightmare. We have been sending out Keys as quick as possible and by this point very nearly everyone who has emailed a response to the survey – has received their key. There are still some people left who will receive theirs within the next hour. 

Please....consider waiting before diving into the game...

And lastly – so everyone is on the same page on where things are at, please see: http://steamcommunity.com/games/264240/announcements/detail/1387407098673485374 --- If any of you specifically have any questions or concerns regarding this announcement, please post to the comments here OR send us a note directly. 

We are fixing all the problems at a very rapid pace, given the huuuge number of players now hammering on the game that we did not have before.    By the end of January, the game should be in GREAT shape, given the current rate of bug finding and fixing.

As always, please contact us in general with any problems and we’ll get back to you ASAP!

-the CONSORTIUM and iDGi team

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Shovel Knight apparently in crunch phase, hoping to release in the next few months

The liquid samurai are snazzy but Mr. Hat is fantastic.

Those are some seriously awesome pixel animations.  As a backer, I'm pretty excited to soon get my hands on this Mega Man style platformer.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I haven't "decided" that it's going to be a bad game or anything but once I heard the basic pitch of the story and saw the artwork I did think that this probably isn't going to be the adventure game I was hoping for. It looks and sounds like something aimed for young children which is weird because I'd have thought most people kickstarting something that wouldn't be out for a year+, based on the credentials of someone who's great works were like fifteen or twenty years ago would be adults. Fingers crossed though. I actually think that the documentary will be the thing that made this project worthwhile in the end (Not financially) because it has been very informative and entertaining and generally what they said it would be. But it would be interesting to see how much that sells for separately regardless of how well the games do. 

Edited by Serrano

Well, been a while since something came through that actually looked interesting, and now two contenders have popped up and started raking in cash.

Project: Rain World

Platformer with stealth and combat elements where you play a slug-cat, trying to gather enough food to survive the coming rain season

Gameplay is shown

Non-professional developers

$25k goal well on its way to target

Unsung Story: Tale of the Guardians

Tactical RPG with an episodic story, with each episode focusing on a different protagonist from different times during a 77-year long war

Concept art only

Professional developers

$600k goal with a solid start

• Like 2

My browser doesn't like Yahoo right now, so I can't get at my e-mail to get Broken Age. :(

Tomorrow then.

You see, ever since the whole Doritos Locos Tacos thing, Taco Bell thinks they can do whatever they want.

Unsung Story: Tale of the Guardians

Tactical RPG with an episodic story, with each episode focusing on a different protagonist from different times during a 77-year long war

Concept art only

Professional developers

$600k goal with a solid start

This one definitely has me interested, with some reservations.

Pros:

• Tactical Turn-Based RPG (definitely my jam)
  • Made under the guidance of Yasumi Matsuno (I'm not a huge fan of Final Fantasy XII, but Tactics Ogre and Final Fantasy Tactics were spectacular)

Cons:

• Who the **** is Playdeck? (never heard of them)
  • Being made for mobile first then ported to PC and potentially other platforms (I have no problem with a game like this being on mobile, it's perfect for a touchscreen, my worry is how will the PC port be?  Will it be properly made and polished or will it be slipshod?)
  • Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Regarding the above, I'm not sure how well I would like a game where you are playing a series of pre-generated characters within an established story timeline. It sounds like it could be mostly a combat sessions intermixed with narrative. Not really an RPG at that point since there is no character development and your choices are limited.

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

Regarding the above, I'm not sure how well I would like a game where you are playing a series of pre-generated characters within an established story timeline. It sounds like it could be mostly a combat sessions intermixed with narrative. Not really an RPG at that point since there is no character development and your choices are limited.

I'm imagining something along the lines of Fire Emblem, which works for me, on account of Fire Emblem being awesome.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Right now, Double Fine doesn't appear to be releasing Broken Age Act 1 DRM-free, just the full game. That's just stupid. I get the beta being Steam-only, not Act 1 itself however. It's not even like they have a license for the game telling them they have to throw DRM in it. They should do it the same way as Broken Sword.

I wish companies wouldn't just release crap on Steam only. It's unnecessary. Of course, they all are from big cities with abundant cheap high speed, so they can't wrap their heads around anywhere that doesn't have that, and what a pain in the butt Steam is because of that for a bunch of us. But hey; ef us. We're the minority.

Edited by babaganoosh13

I think it's more to do with Steam updating itself and the game from time to time rather than simply downloading the game/installation files once and only updating when you feel like it. 

Though, to be fair to Steam I've heard they've gotten better about such things