RAnDoM VidEO GAmE NeWS

LadyCrimson

Bruce, I'm shocked. I thought you, of all people, would be able to appreciate and embrace the aspects of different cultures' video game romances.  You need to open up your mind and allow yourself to experience the beauty and majesty of video game romances from our brothers and sisters in the Far East.

1334985866_squall-and-rinoa01.jpg

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Japanese romances in manga and video games =

He's nice, I love him. 

Lol

Disclaimer: Thinks all japanese comics and games are for children/teenagers. Kind of like how western comics and video games are for all kids.

Incidentally, Atlus is rumored to be announcing two new Persona games on the 24th.

Edited by AGX-17

Disclaimer: Thinks all japanese comics and games are for children/teenagers. Kind of like how western comics and video games are for all kids.

I didn't say that, it just seems that a lot of shounen **** panders to beta males. Basically, if you're a beta male, you can get a woman, don't worry just be nice and heroic to her!

Ka-ka-ka-ka-Cocaine!

Z9SVsCY.gif

The most hilarious way this could play out is if Bethesda announces that they are indeed working on a new Fallout game, and it's going to be a microtransaction-based Facebook social game. The combination of gut-wrenching disappointments, shattered fantasies, vitriol, and nerd rage would be so amazingly entertaining.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

The most hilarious way this could play out is if Bethesda announces that they are indeed working on a new Fallout game, and it's going to be a microtransaction-based Facebook social game. The combination of gut-wrenching disappointments, shattered fantasies, vitriol, and nerd rage would be so amazingly entertaining.

Now that you bring it up, it's weird there isn't one already.

Polygon reviewed it.  I didn't read the reviews of either it or the PS4 review (too long and not enough time) but the XBox One evidently scored a half point higher.

Head-to-head: Everything you need to know in the PS4 vs. Xbox One battle.

TL;DR: XBone wins by a slim margin.

Polygon reviewed it.  I didn't read the reviews of either it or the PS4 review (too long and not enough time) but the XBox One evidently scored a half point higher.

Head-to-head: Everything you need to know in the PS4 vs. Xbox One battle.

TL;DR: XBone wins by a slim margin.

I'm amazed, any category of worth is in my eyes clearly dominated by the ps4, and additionally it doesn't peep into my living room.
  • Like 3

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I didn't say that, it just seems that a lot of shounen **** panders to beta males. Basically, if you're a beta male, you can get a woman, don't worry just be nice and heroic to her!

What about those of us who took the alphabet out back and shot it with a shotgun?

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

I'm apathetic, I care about neither of the new consoles.

Steam PC Streaming Explained:

http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/11/21/valve-explain-steam-in-home-streaming-as-early-closed-beta-begins/

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/homestream#announcements

While Linux ports are becoming increasingly de rigueur among PC developers, Valve's living room focused SteamOS still won't be able to run the majority of Steam's Windows-only catalogue. That's why the SteamOS announcement made mention of game streaming, letting your Windows machine do the heavy lifting. Following on from their creation of an in-home streaming Steam group, now they've kicked off the streaming beta, and created a series of posts explaining how it will work.

"Any two computers in a home can be used to stream a gameplay session and this can enable playing games on systems that would not traditionally be able to run those games," Valve write. "For example, a Windows only game could be streamed from a Windows PC to a Steam Machine running Linux in the living room. A graphically intensive game could be streamed from a beefy gaming rig in the office to your low powered laptop that you are using in bed. You could even start a game on one computer and move to a more comfortable location and continue playing it there." The second computer is used purely to receive audio and video signal, and send controller inputs.

A Q&A clarifies a few of the streaming feature's technicalities, confirming that it will be free, and saying that internet streaming is "currently not supported." Perhaps the more significant, if understandable revelation is that PCs will be unusable during streams. "Your computer is dedicated to running the game and input is coming from both the remote client and the local system. It would be very confusing if someone were trying to use the computer at the same time."
Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I'm not that amazed, there's a lot of bull**** in game and tech "journalism" and right now denying the processing performance difference between the XB1 and PS4 is a lie they want to spin. The performance difference between the top 2 consoles has only been greater with the GameCube and Xbox.

Well, it does rather depend on whether the horsepower difference is actually taken advantage of. If the games all are targeted at the on3's specs and the PS4 versions play at the same locked framerates at the same res and using the same textures the difference will be marginal- if you play default version Dark Souls on a quad Titan PC there isn't much practical advantage over playing on an old console despite the massive power difference. You'd hope that people will take advantage of extra power but at least for multiconsole releases history suggests that is not likely, very few cross platform games took advantage of the PS4's abilities.

I don't really agree with the logic- everyone knows that there are slow downs and frame drops on consoles whatever certification says so power will always be an advantage- but if you're looking for a logical reason to downplay the difference that would be the reasoning.

If the games all are targeted at the on3's specs and the PS4 versions play at the same locked framerates at the same res and using the same textures the difference will be marginal-

That's not the case with the multi-platform launch titles, specifically the one referred to in the article, Battlefield 4.

You'd hope that people will take advantage of extra power but at least for multiconsole releases history suggests that is not likely, very few cross platform games took advantage of the PS4's abilities.

I think people just overestimate the PS3, the two consoles were extremely close together, the Xbox360 had the better GPU, graphically there was virtually no extra power to take advantage of, although some developers struggled with the PS3's architecture, so games were below what they could have been. Now, both have the same CPU, the same architecture, same family of GPU.

There's been a long history of games taking advantage of differences in power across PS/N64/Saturn or DC/PS2/GC/Xbox. Closest to this situation would be Xbox to PC, so if that's anything to go by it won't be uniform, there will be games that take advantage of the extra power and there will be games that don't at all. We know that at least with Call of Duty: Ghosts and Battlefield 4 there's significant differences between versions.

if you play default version Dark Souls on a quad Titan PC there isn't much practical advantage over playing on an old console despite the massive power difference.

The PC is a totally different case, the PS4 and XB1 won't get lazy sloppy ports as afterthoughts.

Even the WiiU has had many ports where seemingly a lot of time and effort has been put into making them for that system. The WiiU is a good example it's had a good number of ports of games that look better than the PS3 or 360 versions, and you'd think developers would be more concerned about the PS4 than the Wii U.

Edited by AwesomeOcelot

As much as I support this, and I do, a part of me is saddened because this makes the prospect of another Sam & Max game less likely/further away.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸