RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

Rosbjerg

Revelations is the best AC with Ezio. Being able to train your own master assassins and do missions with them was a cool addition. Also, the best assassinations in the series.

And like in Game of Thrones RPG, badass middle-aged protagonist.

Revelations was awful. Brotherhood was best, I will cut you.

Revelations just really did not change enough from the mechanics and the plot was meaningless from the outset. Ezio goes in search of an apple that we knew back in AC1 the Templars had and lost. No more growth for him, nothing to accomplish. Just filler.

I felt that both expansions should have been part of AC2, it would have elevated a decent game to become a good, maybe even great game.

And you don't play AC for the plot.

----

Edited by JFSOCC

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

Given the minimal mechanical changes between titles, if you're not playing AC for the plot, I'm flabbergasted as to why you'd ever buy more than one of them.
  • Like 1
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Given the minimal mechanical changes between titles, if you're not playing AC for the plot, I'm flabbergasted as to why you'd ever buy more than one of them.

What, you don't play it to be able to climb up historic monuments and gawk at the pretty views? :shifty:

• Like 2

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

That's clearly the Bester rate, it shows up as $59.99 for me.  :p

You are looking at a gold edition with a bunch of DLC.  I've never been a fan of that stuff unless it is a physical object myself, but people must pay for it.

That's clearly the Bester rate, it shows up as $59.99 for me.   :p

You are looking at a gold edition with a bunch of DLC.  I've never been a fan of that stuff unless it is a physical object myself, but people must pay for it.

Or pirate.

• Like 1
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

That's clearly the Bester rate, it shows up as $59.99 for me.   :p

Or pirate.

Huh?

And everyone goes butthurt in the yt comments.

Yeah I don't get it.  It isn't a kickstarter, they've already got a playable alpha, and it is a relatively inexpensive game.  People are so weird.

Welcome to the Internet, where everyone's butthurt because no one has invented a pleasure machine that at the push of a button delivers excitement. (Those hospital buttons for morphine come close though)

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Dwarf Fortress...  In SPAAAAAAAAAACE!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYVKyzbF11Q

Well that looks fantastic.  It reminds me of all the giant space stations I would build with legos as an adult, err, kid.

Umm, is this going to be one of those games where you can possibly build around for hours, until the game suddenly decides to hate the player, yells "SCREWWW YOUUUU!!" and raises all kinds of hell of biblical proportions in your lovingly build place and all you can do is look how it all goes down the drain?

So anybody play the new telltale Bigby Wolf game?

I would, but I'm put off for the Fable series. Especially after the main character gave a speech on how great Israel is and how bad abortion is.

It's a good game, though I don't like QTEs very much. 'Politics' wasn't even mentioned.

Edited by Lysen

Core of AC is climbing and diving off historical monuments.

• Like 2

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Well, better late than never.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Eidos is removing XP from Thief.

http://community.eidosmontreal.com/blogs/Take-5-QA-4

Stupid question but what is the objection to XP, I have never played any Thief games before so I don't know what the fuss was about

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Eidos is removing XP from Thief.

http://community.eidosmontreal.com/blogs/Take-5-QA-4

Stupid question but what is the objection to XP, I have never played any Thief games before so I don't know what the fuss was about

It's in the article. Basically that it rewards players for particular methods over the actual accomplishment of stealing.

Like the XP system gave rewards for headshots. Which means the game basically incentivizes shooting everyone in the head on your way to steal.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I wouldn't have seen anything wrong getting xp for things like finding secret things/areas and completing missions without killing anyone, but headshots... I'm not a fanatical Thief fan but that did rub me in the wrong way.

Removing the whole xp system at this stage smells like they don't have a clear direction for the game and thats a very bad thing.