What are you playing now?

Gorth

How is it that I constantly defeat hordes of zambambos with a junky melee weapon or fists alone then? I haven't had a single playable character come close to death.

Cheat Engine?

But you've gone from just bare hands to now with 'junky' melee weapon and fists. Which is a difference from just bare hands. Is it still stupid that you can kill twelve by yourself, yes. Could the game be harder, (which is why there is mods)yes. But given most zombie games have you killing 30 zombies every five minutes, I consider this a step in the right direction.

Can you still screw up and get yourself killed, yes. Does it make sense to avoid zombies, given ammo and good melee weapon scarcity yes.(Although the workshop makes melee weapon degradation too easy) When the sandbox mode is released, and the game focus changes from completing the 'story', to surviving as long as you can, the survival mechanic should take a more centre stage.

The fact that nobody else has done it doesn't mean SoD isn't significantly flawed. It means the concept is an untapped opportunity for better designers/devs.

Never said it didn't have flaws. I could list many. What I said it was the best zombie game released in a long time. Big difference.

Edited by Bos_hybrid
cylon_basestar_eye.gif

Morrowind

Wow, all these years I thought Gaenor was the one exceptionally difficult bossfight. Gedna Relvel eats him for breakfast with the 4 (or 5) digit HP, one-hit kill spells and immunities like no other.

Sure she's not 100% immune to paralysis, but poking her 20 times in the face with a Daedric Spear, hitting each time but not moving the HP bar an inch, is so insanely depressing. Good thing this is an optional quest. Maybe I'll come back later when I've accumulated even more overpowered gear

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Morrowind

Wow, all these years I thought Gaenor was the one exceptionally difficult bossfight. Gedna Relvel eats him for breakfast with the 4 (or 5) digit HP, one-hit kill spells and immunities like no other.

Sure she's not 100% immune to paralysis, but poking her 20 times in the face with a Daedric Spear, hitting each time but not moving the HP bar an inch, is so insanely depressing. Good thing this is an optional quest. Maybe I'll come back later when I've accumulated even more overpowered gear

Just cheat:

find a house you can sleep in safely. Do Tribunal up to the point where you get Almalexia's bonus healing ability. Do the main quest until you get corpus. Go to said house and sleep for < 30 days. Heal the lost ability points with Almalexia's healing thingie. Rince and repeat 'till the movie you are watching is over. With a strength > 1000 most bosses will only be 1 hit.

When people ask you why you did it say: I was young and needed the strength points.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Guest Slinky

Started playing Civilization IV again yesterday 9 PM. Went to sleep 3AM. Today I get a call from a friend asking where the hell am I, was supposed to meet half an hour ago.

Civilization, white man's crack.

Not playing it at the moment, but when I drifted to the Path of Exile website recently, I noticed they have a new black cat pet. If I thought I'd play the game again, I'd get it, but not going to spend cash right now. Still....y'know me. I want it. It'd be like having my own Mr. Black with me. :lol: 

Outside of that, I decided I needed to return to some city building, so I've been going through the Caesar3 campaign again. Probably won't finish, but it's fun laying out roads and trying to control those crazy market ladies.

• Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Over/under until LadyC gives in and gets the black cat pet - 1.5 days  :shifty:

I'm in the process of downloading a bunch of mods for Risen 2 via the Risen 2 Mod Starter, then I'm going to start a new game and get my voodoo on.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Finally tried GTA Online.

It's a glorified deathmatch lobby. Awful.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Finished up the last of Charlie's "sidequests" in Splinter Cell: Blacklist tonight.  Earlier in the day I'd finished Kobin and Grim's final sidequests as well.  The only 4th Echelon sidequest path I've yet to do is Briggs', but that's because you're forced to do it co-op.  There isn't a solo option, unlike the other three which can be done on your own (if you choose; they're also co-op if you want).  I'm not sure I want to do the co-op one since none of my friends play SC and I'd have to rely on finding a stranger.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

So far so good with the modded Risen 2.  The majority of the mods I installed are graphical in nature: Improvements to dynamic lighting, higher res textures, greater distance for high quality speedtree, and such.  I figured I was nearly pushing the limit of my lappy with the vanilla game maxed out, so I was a bit worried I wouldn't be able to use the mods and still use max settings, but so far it's chugging along nicely.  The true test will be once I get to a big open area with lots of people and foliage and buildings to draw at the same time.  I also got the unofficial patch, that fixes most of the few remaining bugs and snafus.  Sadly, there is no patch to remove the ridiculous over the top gesturing by characters during conversations.  I'm used to it from previous Piranha Bytes games, but it is rather silly looking.  I'd say that it was a Eastern European thing, as the god awful Two Worlds games do the same thing, but CD Projekt Red seems to have no problem making characters look and act natural during conversation rather than making them wave their arms frantically like they're on fire and trying to put themselves out.  There was a gun rebalancing mod that looked promising, but I didn't bother with it since I plan to go voodoo anyway.  I'm not sure if that mod would extend to firearm wielding NPCs.

• Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Finished up Shadowrun Returns. Unremarkable I think, but still fun. And a pretty good fit for a schedule where I no longer play as much.

Writing was mostly good (a few glaring exceptions), felt like a nice little adventure. Hard to not want *more* though. It was obviously a tight budget and schedule but it just doesn't get deep enough to be really interesting. I have hopes for the Berlin campaign as well as the user-made modules.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

So, no real chance of playing that non-violent?  That was my real hope for GTA Online, being able to play a non-criminal, and just cruise around with people on bikes, or play golf with people, or whatever, and stay away from murder-fest 2013.  If it's all just people shooting each other, I have zero interest in it.  Of course, as long as there's no PC version, it's all a moot point anyway.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

So, no real chance of playing that non-violent?  That was my real hope for GTA Online, being able to play a non-criminal, and just cruise around with people on bikes, or play golf with people, or whatever, and stay away from murder-fest 2013.  If it's all just people shooting each other, I have zero interest in it.  Of course, as long as there's no PC version, it's all a moot point anyway.

You can play non-violent, I just don't see anything to do. I wanted to do co-op or stuff. But all the missions are deathmatch, race, or objective where you're still shooting at each other.

There's supposed to be tennis and golf, but I'm not sure if that unlocks later, it's not showing on my map. And again there's racing, but I don't care for that at all.

I wanted to do heists and car chases. I wanted to assault gang turf, take on the military base, or other criminally co-op things. But nope... deathmatch or race.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

NBA2K14

My PG got drafted by the Celtics but they told me they want to move me to SG to play alongside Rondo rather than be his backup

Is he a good enough shooter to play the 2?

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Terraria 1.2 and Xenonauts.

Terraria 1.2 made the game much better on so many levels. They made exploration much more accessible, and in my opinion it is great (a Map system, Ropes and more early tiers of ore). I've sunk in a good couple of hours into that.

Xenonauts, still in Early Access but from what I've read the latest build actually made the game more playable than previously (V19), so my timing was well placed. Still some bugs here and there and the AI is fairly simple (if you play carefully enough). I play on the hardest difficulty and I felt that I did a couple of mistakes that are easily redeemed, now that I've got the meta-knowledge and a bit more understanding of the game's structure it'd be much more easy to go about. It's fun though, much more intriguing than new XCOM in my opinion. 

• Like 1

NBA2K14

My PG got drafted by the Celtics but they told me they want to move me to SG to play alongside Rondo rather than be his backup

Is he a good enough shooter to play the 2?

Nope, not really. He's got a decent 3 but that's it and he's short so it'll be an interesting transition

Free games updated 3/4/21

You can play non-violent, I just don't see anything to do. I wanted to do co-op or stuff. But all the missions are deathmatch, race, or objective where you're still shooting at each other.

There's supposed to be tennis and golf, but I'm not sure if that unlocks later, it's not showing on my map. And again there's racing, but I don't care for that at all.

I wanted to do heists and car chases. I wanted to assault gang turf, take on the military base, or other criminally co-op things. But nope... deathmatch or race.

Early days young grasshopper, early days. Give Rockstar time to add meaningful content outside of killing people. They have just finished one of the largest and successful single player games in history. Allow the poor Dev's a little break

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Early days young grasshopper, early days. Give Rockstar time to add meaningful content outside of killing people. They have just finished one of the largest and successful single player games in history. Allow the poor Dev's a little break

There is no PC version (yet?), therefore they don't get a break.  Get back to work and crank me out a PC version, you lazy bastards!

whip123.gif

• Like 2

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

There is no PC version (yet?), therefore they don't get a break.  Get back to work and crank me out a PC version, you lazy bastards!

whip123.gif

:lol: Actually that's a very relevant point , back to the development room Rockstar...NO break for you until we see a PC version !!!

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I would love to see GTA V on pc too. I just hope my AMD Radeon 7770 can handle it. 1366x768 resolution, medium settings, 2AA running at 30fps is all I'm asking for! :)

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

From what I understand, GTA Online is basically gonna be "find a crew, do some jobs, pull a heist with friends".

Been playing WoW, Rome 2, and GTA V. I'm doing another GTA V story run to pick up all the crew members I can BEFORE the heists begin. Apparently Packie is one of the possible recruits.

I do wish that they'd stuck with Michael as the only protagonist instead of this flipping BS. Trevor is just to outright insane for me personally (I'll gleefully torture somebody, then be their best friend!), and Franklin... is way to much of the standard archtype of a young man from "the hood" that gets bumped up to "major deals!". Michael is the only one that feels like he could resonate more easily with the players, and could have been a fresh paradigm for the entire game. But he feels like they put the least amount of time into him overall (I spent far more time with Trevor and Franklin because they had more missions) so I'm stuck not playing my choice character.

I suppose htat's also why I love Ballad of Gay Tony over everything else... beause the player character wasn't a street hood who was trying to become the king of crime in the town. He was the muscle part of a business partnership and just trying to survive in the climate he was thrust into.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Alpha Protocol, seems like you can get Marburg to confront Parker about their past in the endgame; I've seen just about everything in that game but they just crammed so much reactivity in there, I'm going to have to replay the game to see it.

Parker was Marburg's handler in the Pakistan mission where Marburg was left to dry in a previous iteration of AP, much like Thorton.

I'm playing with the XP / AP modded so that you level up very slowly + higher damage by AI, and it's quite challenging. Almost too much; if you don't have Shadow Operative or higher level combat abilities and you've pissed off the marines it's virtually impossible to keep Surkov alive in the embassy mission ending.

Alpha Protocol, seems like you can get Marburg to confront Parker about their past in the endgame; I've seen just about everything in that game but they just crammed so much reactivity in there, I'm going to have to replay the game to see it.

Parker was Marburg's handler in the Pakistan mission where Marburg was left to dry in a previous iteration of AP, much like Thorton.

I'm playing with the XP / AP modded so that you level up very slowly + higher damage by AI, and it's quite challenging. Almost too much; if you don't have Shadow Operative or higher level combat abilities and you've pissed off the marines it's virtually impossible to keep Surkov alive in the embassy mission ending.

You can also get Parker to try and kill Marburg, since Parker is someone's dad and Marburg may kill certain someone. The problem is you need to find the specific dossier about that person and there seems to be a bug that can prevent it from spawning. In  multiple playthroughs I never found it, even though I know from the wiki where it should be.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Played a bit X-Com for the 2-day free action of Steam.

Think it got me hooked. Probably gonna buy it to play more later.

Even though I suck (playing on easy (yes, all you pro's can laugh) and already lost a recruit in one of the earlier missions)... who cares as long as it's fun right. Can't all be experts at a genre's...

• Like 2

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Roaming around Ticaragua in Risen 2.  The graphical mods aren't a huge change, but you can definitely notice the higher res textures when the camera shows a close up of a wall or a door, and the speedtree draw distance mod makes the pop-in significantly less jarring.  Risen 2 really is a pretty game.  Don't get me wrong, it's not Metro: Last Light or The Witcher 2, but it's visually pleasing nonetheless.  The character models aren't the greatest, particularly with all the armor/clothing clipping and the nappy plastic hair, though they do get bonus points for Patty showing off camel toe, but the landscape/scenery is gorgeous.  The lush tropical islands of the Risen series are definitely more pleasing to the eye than the landscapes of the Gothic series.  Even with this not being Piranha Bytes best effort, it's still an enjoyable game.  A lot of RPG developers with much larger budgets could stand to learn a thing or two from this German developer.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸