Wasn't there some major hype for Remember Me back in the day? Now it's on sale -50%. The game seems to have gone by like a door-to-door Jehova Witness preacher.

Oh, it gets even better. EU PS+ subscribers get Remember Me next month basically for free. Then again, same for Revengeance and I think that actually was a success

There's a game called "Revengeance"? Seriously? :D

And it was goood.

And nothing wrong with the title, it's just a very archaic word.

I was about to say " there is no such word in English as that" but I did some research and there is

But not in the Oxford dictionary, it seems to only exist on the Merriam Webster. That's rare but it does happen where there are certain unique words that only exist in certain English dictionaries :)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

And it was goood.

It was okay. It had some definite high points, but the final bits were rushed.
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Wasn't there some major hype for Remember Me back in the day? Now it's on sale -50%. The game seems to have gone by like a door-to-door Jehova Witness preacher.

Oh, it gets even better. EU PS+ subscribers get Remember Me next month basically for free. Then again, same for Revengeance and I think that actually was a success

There's a game called "Revengeance"? Seriously? :D

And it was goood.

I was about to say " there is no such word in English as that" but I did some research and there is

But not in the Oxford dictionary, it seems to only exist on the Merriam Webster. That's rare but it does happen where there are certain unique words that only exist in certain English dictionaries :)

The only actual time I've seen the word "revengeance" used is in the context of a U.S. Supreme Court case about the 1st Amendment and the KKK.  Ohio had a broad statute barring speech advocating violence, underwhich a Klansman was prosecuted for a speech which alluded to "revengeance" against blacks and Jews.  So, as far as I can tell, it's a word made up and used by hicks in America (and the occasional law student). 

So archaic that I'm not buying that explanation. Someone obviously decided vengeance wasn't good enough and decided to portmanteau it with revenge to create a title of maximum pretention and redundancy. Googling it, it seems I must be correct because it's a metal gear title.

Regardless of the fact that "revengeance" is technically a real word, it's quite obvious that the title was a product of a bunch of suits getting together, deciding that the existing title wasn't skewing enough toward the 14-20 demographic according to focus groups and "moving the needle", then "synergizing" to come up with something with more "impact"  that "takes it to the next level".

toss-off_smiley.gif

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Or they were simply following the substance->subsistence naming system. Revengence has as many syllables as the latter.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

The only actual time I've seen the word "revengeance" used is in the context of a U.S. Supreme Court case about the 1st Amendment and the KKK.  Ohio had a broad statute barring speech advocating violence, underwhich a Klansman was prosecuted for a speech which alluded to "revengeance" against blacks and Jews.  So, as far as I can tell, it's a word made up and used by hicks in America (and the occasional law student). 

So is snuck . :p

Edited by Majek

1.13 killed off Ja2.

For some reason they've given me 5 25% off Shadow Warrior, 3 valid until the 26th Oct, 1 the 27th Oct, and another the 4th of Nov.

I suspect it's because fewer people pre-ordered than they were hoping for. I've heard loads of people say they've been given a voucher but nobody saying that they've bought it yet. 

Free Coupons:

-10% Shadow Warrior

-75% Droid Assault

-75% Serious Sam 3: BFE

-50% Divekick

-66% Awesomenauts

-33% Foul Play

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

I need to get rid off keys for:

Trine 2: Complete Story

Wargame: European Escalation, and The Testament of Sherlock Holmes (both are one key)

Still need to get rid of those

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Also got a -25% off Shadow Warrior. Everyone got those? That game must really sell bad then.

Also got a -33% of Foul Play for someone if they want it.

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Steam's never sent me a single discount coupon for anything, ever. No idea what's up with that, unless it's an opt-in thing or somesuch. But none of it sounds interesting or even represents a meaningful discount, so eh.

As far as I have seen, the only way to get them these days if from crafting badges, (get one per badge craft, if I'm not mistaken). They are pretty random...if you happened to be part of a larger community where everyone's always giving them out on a "want" basis, I think it could be nice...but I certainly can't be bothered.

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

You get them if you own games from the same publisher/developer as well. I also got one for Foul Play last week without crafting or owning any related games so there is at least a one more kind of trigger.

Yeah. I got two 66% off AaAAAAAA!!! For the Awesome coupons the other day without any crafting. I already own the game though. If anyone is interested in those consider them free to a good home. :p

So, Steam has Mass Effect games on sale. Mass Effect and Mass Effect 2 Digital Deluxe for $4.99 each. For massive savings, you can buy the two together for only $12.95...

When not on sale, the price for the two games is $19.95 each or bundled together the two of them for $49.95 :rolleyes:

Suspicious Steam price policies aside, I saw a game called Legend of Eisenwald. Has anybody tried the early access? It looked interesting.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein