What are you playing now?

I've been playing DARK and Fire Emblem: Awakening. The quality of these games is like night and day.

Which one is bad? I liked FEA enough(played every English FE release and FE4 and FE6 through translated emulators) but thought it screwed the pooch when it came to balancing skills and enemy reinforcements.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

The Challenge:

Clear my plate in time for Shadowrun Returns (July 25th) and S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat Misery 2.0 Mod.

The Nitty Gritty:

Finish current Jade Empire playthrough - Easy because Jade Empire is fortunately/unfortunately so short.

Finish Unepic - Moderate as it's a fairly lengthy game by all accounts.

Do another run with another character in Grim Dawn alpha - Easy because it's only about a third of what will be the complete game.

Do a couple more seasons in GRID 2 - Easy since it's a game I can easily leave and come back to any time without quests to worry about.

Potential Road Bumps:

Valve launching a Steam Sale and dumping some new games in my lap - Threat level: moderate

Gamer ADD induces me to start something else I already own - Threat level: high

Overall Difficulty:

Moderately Difficult

Challenge:  Accepted

• Like 2

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

playing a lot of star wars tor, its pretty fun, too much running through open fields though, reminds me of guild wars in that regard, but maybe thats just how MMO games are

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Downloading alpha 0.6 of Planet Explorers! They had the torrent D/L option up late last night, along with emailing the access keys, but I waited for the direct link. I'd prefer to wait a bit longer on a slower D/L than have to install yet another program just to D/L something. I'm weird that way.

The list of changes is huge, and I like most of them. Hopefully I won't be one of the minority that encounters oodles of game breaking bugs. We shall see! :biggrin:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I have a whole other week of house sitting.

*shakes*

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Would you care to offer a counterpoint then?

No reason to. It's just opinions.

Yes opinions that influence our decisions so of course we like to hear a different one if you have one? At least people respect your view enough to want to hear it :)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I've been playing DARK and Fire Emblem: Awakening. The quality of these games is like night and day.

Which one is bad? I liked FEA enough(played every English FE release and FE4 and FE6 through translated emulators) but thought it screwed the pooch when it came to balancing skills and enemy reinforcements.

DARK is the bad one, yet I can't stop playing. Think I've played it for 4 hours. I've left the game on without touching it for another 6 hours. I can forgive the game not being an amazing product but I can't forgive the awful save system. Someone needs to take a bullet in their kneecap for that one.

DARK is the bad one, yet I can't stop playing. Think I've played it for 4 hours. I've left the game on without touching it for another 6 hours. I can forgive the game not being an amazing product but I can't forgive the awful save system. Someone needs to take a bullet in their kneecap for that one.

I have read bad things about Dark generally, what is the issue with the Save system in your opinion ?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I used to program save systems for video games, then I took a bullet to the...

/hides

:teehee:

• Like 3

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

It only gives you two saves between checkpoints. This is frustrating if you save too early and have no saves left. I had used up all my saves for the biggest level in the game. I then killed of every enemy silently only to get shot by a sniper (the boss I presume) seemingly oit of nowhere. While he did his job in excellent fashion, the developers did not. Yet I keep playing the damn thing.

It only gives you two saves between checkpoints. This is frustrating if you save too early and have no saves left. I had used up all my saves for the biggest level in the game. I then killed of every enemy silently only to get shot by a sniper (the boss I presume) seemingly oit of nowhere. While he did his job in excellent fashion, the developers did not. Yet I keep playing the damn thing.

You see that type of saving design would just annoy me, so I won't be purchasing Dark :)

John Milton 

Considering picking up Saints Row 2 on Steam. Is it playable on PC?

Playable, yes, but it's a really shoddy port of an otherwise very good game.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

I never had any problems playing Saints Row 2 on pc, had a lot of fun with it in general.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Away from home, so I only have my cell and old laptop for gaming. But playing a rather epic game in Civ3, when I get the occasional evening without my sisters kids stealing my attention.

Fortune favors the bald.

I'm playing Saint's Row 3 on my PC and it runs like a dream.

I'm playing Saint's Row 3 on my PC and it runs like a dream.

3 is fantastic, runs like a dream on PC.  2 was a bloody horror story when first ported to PC.  They've since patched it up, but it's still got a few issues.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Away from home, so I only have my cell and old laptop for gaming. But playing a rather epic game in Civ3, when I get the occasional evening without my sisters kids stealing my attention.

How many armies have you lost to a single spearman?

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

And how many cities to culture ? :)

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra