What are you playing now?

Guest Slinky

Finished Gabriel Knight yesterday. 20 years old and still one of the best adventure games I know. Though I once got stuck for a gooooood while because I didn't find one hotspot from the puke-class graphics. And I mostly wanted to strangle Tim Curry.

Next to check am I going to die out of massive facepalm because of the sequels FMV's, or can I somehow tolerate them.

More X-Com: EU.

Upgrading my weapons to Plasma is really helping in combat, just like Drowsy said. I was stuck on a mission and hadn't upgraded weapons much. Redid it with the upgraded weapons and breezed through it.

Unlocked the Psionic Labs, but have only sent one soldier there for now.

I looked at the grey market more carefully and saw there are useless items I can sell. Ended up with over $650.

I officially dislike the Jake campaign sections of RE6. It seems the only thing I spend my time doing is running away from that stupid unkillable thing.

Leon campaign. Too much pining over Ada.

Chris campaign. Too much obsession with Ada.

Jake campaign. Oh look Ada again.

Ada campaign. :mellow:

Agent Hunt was fun though.

I liked RE6, but really didn't have any expectations for it either.

The only campaign I really didn't like was Chris' which just seemed to be a run and gun story.

I like the fact you couldn't destroy the uber-monster easily in Jake's campaign. That and the outbreak stuff of Leon's campaign felt very RE-y to me.

Right now I'm playing Skyrim again.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Played some Endless Space. Got fairly lucky with the races that showed up. Imperials were the only evil race. Made for a very dreamy, calm early game. Ended up with two powerful alliance at peace with each other: Horatio and the Sophons on one side and the Imperials, Amoeba and Automatons on the other, with the Sowers stuck right in the middle. As the Sowers were about to be wiped out, I offered them to join us, which my two allies accepted and we split the territory held by Horatio and the Sophons pretty much three ways.

And suddenly I got an alert that Amoeba were close to winning the game. Doh. A wonder victory, but only 0% complete, while I was 30% towards the economic victory. no worrie I thought, I'll just continue making cash and if need be, race my research for a wonder victory as well and buy the wonders.

Then came the alert that the Amoeba were close to an economic victory: 55% while I was at 35%. Huh? Where did that come from? They must have maxed their taxes. When I was at 72% towards the economic victory they were at 96%. Ended up with me at 97% and them 99% before I clicked "End turn" hoping that I'd get 3% without them getting the final 1%... We both hit 100% at the same time, but the game was kind enough as to count it as a victory for me.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Here's a decent chunk of my afternoon/evening yesterday:

Step 1:  Decide to fire up Jade Empire

Step 2: Open up Steam and select game

Step 3:  Error message

Step 4:  Google

Step 5:  Come to find out a metric ****ton of people have this problem

Step 6:  Find proposed solution

Step 7:  Implement proposed solution

Step 8:  Error message

Step 9:  Find another proposed solution

Step 10: Implement proposed solution

Step 11: Error message

Step 12: Find another, more drastic proposed solution

Step 13: Implement proposed solution

Step 14: Reboot

Step 15: Error message

Step 16: FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Step 17: **** the dumb ****, I'm downloading a ****ing crack

Step 18: Implement downloaded crack

Step 19: Play game

Step 20: Try to enjoy myself as I wonder why I had to implement an illegal crack to play a game I ****ing legally bought

• Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Just finished "To The Moon" .. It was pulling at my heart strings at one point, I'll give it that.. but all in all I didn't really like it. The story was pretty serious and very well written, but every once in a while they crammed jokes and attempts at humour in, that was very juvenile and out of place - so it reminded me of those bad anime where the characters always emotionally overreact and everything is oscillates between silly and over-dramatic. If it had just stuck with either of those extremes it would've worked fine. In the end however they just both detracted from the other.

Fortune favors the bald.

*sees a new Planet Explorers Kickstarter Update*

*gets excited, maybe it's the new alpha build!*

...nope...not quite. A nice informative update on where they are (their game uses too much memory, hah), but looks like July 4th.

...goes back to watching Netflix and occasionally checking NWO Gateway in an effort to avoid sweating in the afternoon heat.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I've been playing the Wing Commander series from start to finish, up to the SOs for Prophecy now so nearly finished. Had immense fun with it so I'll almost certainly move on to IWar 1/2 next, or possibly Privateer.

Ratings, story wise: 4>3>2=Prophecy>1

Ratings, gameplay wise: Prophecy>3>2>4=1

All worthwhile though, even 1 for fair dinkum Ocker Hunter who was obviously written by someone with a Steve Irwin overdose (and Angel, who actually looks better than her live action 3 version) and 2 for manic depressive french maori Doomsday. WC4 still has the weird inverted difficulty curve where the early missions in hellcats and longbows are far more difficult than the last missions in a Dragon, let alone anything using a BWU ship and missiles are instakills most of the time.

Having a kick around with Saints Row 3.

Call it juvenile, but I do think the delivery of the whole " A ****ing tiger?! A ****ing tiger Angel??!" was damnably well done... ;)

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Having a kick around with Saints Row 3.

Call it juvenile, but I do think the delivery of the whole " A ****ing tiger?! A ****ing tiger Angel??!" was damnably well done... ;)

Where does Angel come up with this ****? ;)

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Here's a decent chunk of my afternoon/evening yesterday:

Step 1:  Decide to fire up Jade Empire

Step 2: Open up Steam and select game

Step 3:  Error message

Step 4:  Google

Step 5:  Come to find out a metric ****ton of people have this problem

Step 6:  Find proposed solution

Step 7:  Implement proposed solution

Step 8:  Error message

Step 9:  Find another proposed solution

Step 10: Implement proposed solution

Step 11: Error message

Step 12: Find another, more drastic proposed solution

Step 13: Implement proposed solution

Step 14: Reboot

Step 15: Error message

Step 16: FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Step 17: **** the dumb ****, I'm downloading a ****ing crack

Step 18: Implement downloaded crack

Step 19: Play game

Step 20: Try to enjoy myself as I wonder why I had to implement an illegal crack to play a game I ****ing legally bought

This is why I crack all my games.(Except for GOG, no DRM so we're cool)

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

... you haven't checked  inventory at all during Lakeside  resort ( the winter ) chapter???

Obviously not. I assume you felt it more pressing to see how many comics Ellie had rather than deal with the swarms of Clickers busting through the windows.

Yeah, it's pretty sad when I have to go through these measures just to play a game I bought.  But hey, on the bright side, at least this stonewalled the pirates dead in their tracks.  Oh wait, no it didn't, it didn't have any effect whatsoever.  I guess the silver lining of being forced to use a crack is that I don't even have to turn on Steam to play the game now. 

Anyway, Playing Jade Empire and loving the **** out of it.  I even enjoy the little shmup mini-games.  I want a sequel to JE so bad.  I'm still in the very early stages, just started chapter 2.  I'm looking forward to getting my axes so I can start cleaving chumps up with style.  For now I just slice them up with my claws, Enter the Dragon style.  I'm pretty much going full on closed fist so I get to be a massive a-hole to everyone.  Good times.  One thing really jarring about the game is how much crappier the movies look than the rest of the game.  I know it's a product of the game getting HD-ified from the original XBox version, while the movies stayed the same, but it's so insanely noticeable that it basically slaps me across the face every time another movie comes up.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

... you haven't checked  inventory at all during Lakeside  resort ( the winter ) chapter???

Obviously not. I assume you felt it more pressing to see how many comics Ellie had rather than deal with the swarms of Clickers busting through the windows.

Why would i wait until then? I checked when the chapter started, i wanted to see if the switchblade is there.

1.13 killed off Ja2.

Deponia. Its good, but it has a lot of minor (and not so minor) issues. 

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

Yeah, it's pretty sad when I have to go through these measures just to play a game I bought.  But hey, on the bright side, at least this stonewalled the pirates dead in their tracks.  Oh wait, no it didn't, it didn't have any effect whatsoever.  I guess the silver lining of being forced to use a crack is that I don't even have to turn on Steam to play the game now. 

Anyway, Playing Jade Empire and loving the **** out of it.  I even enjoy the little shmup mini-games.  I want a sequel to JE so bad.  I'm still in the very early stages, just started chapter 2.  I'm looking forward to getting my axes so I can start cleaving chumps up with style.  For now I just slice them up with my claws, Enter the Dragon style.  I'm pretty much going full on closed fist so I get to be a massive a-hole to everyone.  Good times.  One thing really jarring about the game is how much crappier the movies look than the rest of the game.  I know it's a product of the game getting HD-ified from the original XBox version, while the movies stayed the same, but it's so insanely noticeable that it basically slaps me across the face every time another movie comes up.

I really enjoyed Jade Empire. Would love a sequel to it. Doubt it'll happen, though.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

More of Rift, the story of the zones is pretty good and am having fun fiddling with the souls of my Cleric - liking a Shaman heavy build. Any spec that uses a skill where one bashes their staff against the ground and a bolt of lightning strikes their foe, is worth it.

Also finished off TLAD in GTA IV, wasn't too bad, I enjoyed the cross over with the diamond subplot with Niko - also didn't realize that was Jim I killed in the subway until they mentioned him on the radio. On to BOGT, next.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Hm I spent about 15 -20 minutes this morning running through some of the activities on Saints Row 3.. I have to say, they seem a hellava lot easier then they used to. Did thq do any odd patch before they had to flog everything off?  Traffic Diving used to be a pain in the ass with the volume of traffic and cars speed dropping whenever you started that activity, now its like badda-boom-badda-bing and it's all done and completed with no need to chase the traffic down..

Not sure.  The only activity I had any real problem with was Hard Mayhem, and only until I got unlimited ammo for the rocket launcher, at which point it became a piece of cake.  The Sad Panda Skydiving gave me a bit of trouble the first couple of tries until I figured it out.  Insurance Fraud is the greatest.  Getting ragdolled into oblivion will never be not fun.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

SR3 is pretty easy overall I found

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Heh, I guess I can simply blame it on picking up all the knacks for how to get it to work when I first played it. I guess doing a replay after this much time just makes it feel a lot smoother to handle.

Agreed.  There's nothing really challenging in the entire game.  That doesn't prevent the game from being a blast to play, but I wouldn't have minded some challenge, at least in some of the optional stuff like the activities/distractions.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Gran Turismo 3 Aspec corrupted my save file for the second time in two separate play-throughs.

Every time I get the licenses and win a few races the game nukes me.

That does it, I'm never playing it again. 

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

Agreed.  There's nothing really challenging in the entire game.  That doesn't prevent the game from being a blast to play, but I wouldn't have minded some challenge, at least in some of the optional stuff like the activities/distractions.

Indeed. There's nothing challenging about the gameplay. What made me get annoyed with the Insurance Fraud traffic driving was that I always found that those hot spots you were directed to just dried up and hardly had any traffic going through.  Which is very frustrating when you want to enjoy the ragdollishness.. ;)

Only this game around, there's actually traffic.