What are you playing now?

Where's MY Water on iPhone.

Infinity Blade II on iPhone.

Both were free on the app store some days ago, so I downloaded them. There were some more that I downloaded but I haven't tried them out yet. WMW is fun enough in small doses. I'm probably not going to complete IB II.

Planet Explorers - now with a lot less flat terrain, more animals (including difficult ones) spread out everywhere, not just in certain areas, and weapon/gear durability finally implemented. Which wouldn't bother me except in the previous version, the only way to get a lot of "money" fast (which is just animal meat, basically) was to kill things. So based on that past experience, there I was, whacking animals with a lowly stone sword to gather meat, and it didn't take long for it to break - not long at all. And I don't see/have no idea how/who/what to repair it in the early game/areas. I was about to get kinda mad about this, but then...

...I discovered a certain type of tree (common) now gives you chunks o' rubber, where it didn't before (so I guess it's a rubber tree), so all I have to do is chop down several trees, sell the rubber for meat, repeat as often as you want and wallah. I can buy whatever I want in the store to start me out quickly. And in this game, if there's one thing you aren't likely to run out of, it's the trees...

I found it interesting tho, with all the discussions on durability in the P.E. forums ... me starting to get annoyed over it (because the rate seems too high), then finding a solution/option that let me get around it. Later it's all about guns/ranged and durb. is less of an issue. I may still think it's too fast, tho...I'll see how the higher quality/self-made items do first.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Away from home, so I only have my cell and old laptop for gaming. But playing a rather epic game in Civ3, when I get the occasional evening without my sisters kids stealing my attention.

Farrrrm girrrrlsssss.

• Like 1

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Planet Explorer's new alpha added a whole lot of new stuff/features ... and now needs a pretty massive difficulty rebalance (especially that durability issue...), at least if they want to maintain the sandboxy "do what/when you want" feel. The digging also doesn't feel quite as ... natural or easy to "control" as before, altho graphically it looks a bit better.

But I still like it. I think with more polish it's going to become one of my fave sandbox games. Assuming it ever gets that polish. Something about it...I can start it up, go running out somewhere, start digging/building/exploring and just ... get lost.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Playing SR3 after SR2 (yes, it's perfectly playable).

So far, dissapointed. Had to turn of HDR since blur (and apparently you can't turn it off seperately... yay... NOT). And without the city looks gritty, weird and just plain ugly. But... blur. Yeah, I take ugly over blur for my HDR.

Aaaanyway, so far having far less of a fun time than SR2 at that current point spending time. Missions are less, variations are less (besides the Seriously Ethical game, miss Fuzz though), the city build seems less fun. Eh, maybe I need some getting used to it, but so far I rate SR2 far higher.

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

I'd rate SR2 higher too. I loved Fuzz and some of the other minigames that didn't carry over to SR3.

Still enjoyed SR3 though.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

SR2 had that weird thing in that the storyline made sense, and you had some moments of outright grim nastiness reminding you just what a vicious environment gangs can be..  and then it wrapped it all up in that arc of sillyness and juvinile behaviour that brought you away from it and made it incredibly silly fun.

SR3 had a story that was more silly and didn't "fit" into a real world as such, but was generally entertaining.

• Like 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

British male hero and Russian female hero chiming in all the time helped make the game for me.

The story is so absurd, but listening to Russian gal go "Great plan Shaundi" when the plan of go in through the front door is chaos and explosions.  Shaundi gets all defensive and Russian gal is all "No no, I mean it.  I like where this is going!"

• Like 1

I've been playing Lord of the Rings Online again, almost up to level 80.  The book quest is simply fantastic, right now I have a small group of companions and we are tracing the steps of the Fellowship of the Ring, right where they get separated and Frodo and Sam head off on their own.  

The quest variety in this game really beats any other MMO I've played.  Many of them are based around solving some sort of mystery, you travel to one area, look for clues, then look around for landmarks...it's just really well told.  Plus my captain is still the best class I've ever played in any RPG.

• Like 1

I am playing Darksiders and I've just beaten Tiamat, it did take me a while. Probably about 3 hours as she is difficult. I am enjoying the game. I like the whole lore and various characters that you meet and interact with. I will say I can't see how you could play this game with a Mouse\Keyboard. The Xbox Controller makes its much less complicated and it just reinforces the point around some games need a Controller, like Sleeping Dogs

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Planet Explorer's new alpha added a whole lot of new stuff/features ... and now needs a pretty massive difficulty rebalance (especially that durability issue...), at least if they want to maintain the sandboxy "do what/when you want" feel. The digging also doesn't feel quite as ... natural or easy to "control" as before, altho graphically it looks a bit better.

But I still like it. I think with more polish it's going to become one of my fave sandbox games. Assuming it ever gets that polish. Something about it...I can start it up, go running out somewhere, start digging/building/exploring and just ... get lost.

I played 0.53 a lot.  This new version I don't think I'll be playing at all until they fix the digging.  Given that so much of the game involves digging for one thing or another, you have to dig to gather resources and to complete many of the early quests, the digging has gone from being a fun part of the game to being a chore that I can't find fun in any way what-so-ever. Hopefully they fix it soon.

I played 0.53 a lot.  This new version I don't think I'll be playing at all until they fix the digging.  Given that so much of the game involves digging for one thing or another, you have to dig to gather resources and to complete many of the early quests, the digging has gone from being a fun part of the game to being a chore that I can't find fun in any way what-so-ever. Hopefully they fix it soon.

I appreciate that mining for the minerals doesn't feel completely restricted to a few spots or something, but there's two things I don't like about it in the new version:

--what minerals you get feels mostly random. In the same spot you'll get sand + 1 copper then next time you strike get sand + 2 iron. The colors don't seem to be an accurate representation anymore. Either that or the new graphics just make the colors/textures harder to distinguish, which is just as bad ... I liked how copper/the other minerals looked before - it felt a bit more "natural".

--the cursor is wonky. Many times I hover back and forth and that big bubble will turn blue for a mirco-second but it won't settle there, so in effect it's always a giant red 'can't dig here' bubble. Thus hard to fine tune where you want to dig ... aggravating if you're trying to make flat land.

I gave it another try.  I got to the Firebear mission and gave up.  Chen gives you a pistol to shoot the flying creatures, but no bullets.  The miner dude says he will give you a hundred bullets to kill the Firebears but actually only gives you 50.  You can't make your own bullets as the gunpowder script was left out of this version.  I get to the location and the 50 bullets knocked off about 1/10 of one firebear's hitpoints.  As you need to kill 3 of the things, which would require about 1500 bullets, and they kill me in about 2 hits when trying to use a sword, I gave up.  Bows are of no use either as they break after about 30 shots.  I think I'll just give this version a miss.  I'll wait until they patch the most aggravating bugs and issues out.  It seems they will start issuing patches about Monday.

I guess their original intention/balance was that players would use the turret/vehicle strategy a lot more than "run and gun" and they were surprised that wasn't happening.

So they're going to do some rebalancing re: that plus less enemy damage. I'm still messing around a bit with figuring out the mining changes but like you, mostly waiting for a rebalanced version before putting a lot of time into much else. :)

One thing I've learned...I lack the patience for Alpha testing.  :)  I'll probably shelve the game til retail version, or close to it.  It's a great concept and I've had more than enough fun with the game so far to justify the amount I gave in Kickstarter and it hasn't even passed alpha build yet, I just don't have the patience needed to be an alpha tester.

Heh, I'm much the same way. It's not just patience, it's the speed factor. Alpha or not, I don't like to rush just to stress test stuff, so by the time I notice issues, they're usually going to be reported already. And I'm not an idea/sugesstion person. But I still like to see the changes firsthand, so I download and check each version a bit. :)

Why oh why did Last of Us have to be PS3 exclusive (consoles)?  It's the only game on the market I currently am interested in, but there's no way I'm buying a PS3 just for one game.

• Like 1

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Why oh why did Last of Us have to be PS3 exclusive (consoles)?  It's the only game on the market I currently am interested in, but there's no way I'm buying a PS3 just for one game.

Can't you rent it?

In these parts there are a few places where you can rent the console and games for a few days. I plan to draw up a list and if I'm able play the few titles that interest me.

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

Can't you rent it?

In these parts there are a few places where you can rent the console and games for a few days. I plan to draw up a list and if I'm able play the few titles that interest me.

Nowhere close to me does that.  Blockbuster used to, but every Blockbuster in my city closed/went bankrupt.

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

they're usually going to be reported already.

Never assume this!  Haha.

i find it's very common that people to go "this is so obvious" and if everyone does that, no one notices.  There's also often a host of extra information that goes in behind the scenes on beta bug reports through telemetry and whatnot, that even duplicate bugs are still useful.

I know not everyone even *wants* to file bugs, but if you are wanting to file bugs don't convince yourself that a bug is not worth the effort because it's an obvious bug to you!

Can't you rent it?

Nowhere close to me does that.  Blockbuster used to, but every Blockbuster in my city closed/went bankrupt.

Watch a Let's Play? Is what I'm doing.

Can't you rent it?

Watch a Let's Play? Is what I'm doing.

I have no idea what that is.  If it's what I think the name implies, I'd rather play the game than watch someone else play it?

Anyway, on to BioShock 2.  I know folks seem to like the original BioShock(s) more than Infinite, but so far I enjoyed Infinite far more than BioShock 1 and the early stages of 2.