What are you playing now?

Indeed. There's nothing challenging about the gameplay. What made me get annoyed with the Insurance Fraud traffic driving was that I always found that those hot spots you were directed to just dried up and hardly had any traffic going through.  Which is very frustrating when you want to enjoy the ragdollishness.. ;)

Only this game around, there's actually traffic.

They had some great hotspots for Insurance Fraud in SR2, particularly ones that included a freeway overpass.  You'd get steady high speed traffic and the potential of getting launched hundreds of feet into the air and off the overpass for more hang time.  I've gotten a good 8 or 9 seconds of hang time off of getting plowed by a bus at like 70 mph off the overpass.  Good times.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Yup. Ubisoft got hacked, the news went out about 50 minutes ago. Still, I always feel safer going to the account site on my own and resetting passwords then following email links in general.. :shifty:

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I didn't like Sad Panda Skydiving. But once you "get" what the best way to make money is, it became trivial.

I thought Insurance Fraud was easy once I got unlimited sprint - I just kept sprinting from hot spot locations in the oncoming lane to insure I got hit A LOT.

Mayhem was easy once I got unlimited ammo on the rocket launcher (but unlimited grenades also worked).

The snatches that involved running down cars and the helicopter missions were probably the hardest for me (I have trouble driving the helicopters).

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Just wanted to check that anyone with a uplay account, did you recently get an email from Ubisoft to change your password? 

I didn't get any mail.

Maybe someone hacked it to fix it? UPlay is a bloody mess.

• Like 1

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Total Overdose has much better gameplay than both GTA and Saints Row, plus it's crazy over-the-top without ever reaching the imbecilic event horizon of Saints Row 3. 

Plus features the most explosive soundtrack of any video game in history.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

SR3 is pretty easy overall I found

Agreed.  There's nothing really challenging in the entire game.  That doesn't prevent the game from being a blast to play, but I wouldn't have minded some challenge, at least in some of the optional stuff like the activities/distractions.

Indeed. There's nothing challenging about the gameplay. What made me get annoyed with the Insurance Fraud traffic driving was that I always found that those hot spots you were directed to just dried up and hardly had any traffic going through.  Which is very frustrating when you want to enjoy the ragdollishness.. ;)

Only this game around, there's actually traffic.

There was one part where you had to drive to places and engage in some shootouts that I kept failing over and over because of the ridiculously small arbitrary engagement zone. I kept getting insta-fails because I moved out of some silly pre-defined area, and I probably had to do it about a dozen times. It was probably a significant contributing factor to eventually giving up on the game.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

This is why I crack all my games.(Except for GOG, no DRM so we're cool)

Yeah, it's pretty sad when I have to go through these measures just to play a game I bought.  But hey, on the bright side, at least this stonewalled the pirates dead in their tracks.  Oh wait, no it didn't, it didn't have any effect whatsoever.  I guess the silver lining of being forced to use a crack is that I don't even have to turn on Steam to play the game now. 

Anyway, Playing Jade Empire and loving the **** out of it.  I even enjoy the little shmup mini-games.  I want a sequel to JE so bad.  I'm still in the very early stages, just started chapter 2.  I'm looking forward to getting my axes so I can start cleaving chumps up with style.  For now I just slice them up with my claws, Enter the Dragon style.  I'm pretty much going full on closed fist so I get to be a massive a-hole to everyone.  Good times.  One thing really jarring about the game is how much crappier the movies look than the rest of the game.  I know it's a product of the game getting HD-ified from the original XBox version, while the movies stayed the same, but it's so insanely noticeable that it basically slaps me across the face every time another movie comes up.

I really enjoyed Jade Empire. Would love a sequel to it. Doubt it'll happen, though.

It was a really novel concept, I really enjoyed the whole wuxia epic novel feel of it. Still I would like it if they fixed the combat system to have a little more depth than what harmonics had to offer with their insta kills. Also despite both philosophies being described as not good or evil, both the closed fist and open palm end up being just that. 

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

I tried the Witcher 2 on my schizophrenic PC (CPU under minimum recommendations, GPU above recommended) and its pretty much working at around 60fps on high settings (ubersampling disabled).

My jaw almost hit the floor at how good the game looks. I think the first game had a more subdued art design that I'll probably prefer in the long run, but W2 looks spectacular. 

Texture sharpness and detail are awesome in particular.

I'm usually not the type to place emphasis on graphics, but after years of console ports made 7 year old hardware this is pretty refreshing.

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

It was a really novel concept, I really enjoyed the whole wuxia epic novel feel of it. Still I would like it if they fixed the combat system to have a little more depth than what harmonics had to offer with their insta kills. Also despite both philosophies being described as not good or evil, both the closed fist and open palm end up being just that.

They really needed to think through Open Palm and Closed Fist a bit more. I felt like that its an interesting concept poorly executed through the game (realistically there should be good/evil/neutral open palm and closed fist options - in short the intent behind the application of the philosophy).

I think for me the combat system should be branched out a bit more; I didn't like the "rock-paper-scissors" effect they used which pretty much led to all characters having one martial style, one magic style, one support style and one weapon style. Transformation magic was also very useless. Ideally I'd like them to create it so a character could be viable concentrating on unarmed combat, armed combat, magic combat and transformations.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Transformation magic was also very useless.

Well, except for Jade golem.

Though I don't remember whether you could transform into a rhino or elephant demon, those were pretty powerful creatures.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Guest Slinky

Turns out the new Walking Dead DLC is out today.

Then it turns out I uninstalled the game at some point.

4000 megabytes later...

Yeah, uninstalled too at some point, including savegames. Meaning I have to play the whole thing again to import my choices.

Meh, maybe later this year.

Watching some Firefall beta vids, trying to get an idea of the game. I love the jetpack/gravity boots or whatever, and the world looks expansive. Thumpers seem like an interesting mechanic. But...seems like one of those MMO's where I wish hubby was into playing them, so I'd have a regular couch-partner.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

For some reason, in the past 6 or so months since I last played it and it worked perfectly with no problems then... Saints Row 3 randomly freezes up on my now. :(

Usually during the cut scene at the end of a mission. So I end up having to alt tab out to hit the end process, restart, and then redo the mission once more..

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Ugh, that's frustrating.  I had a fatal crash that killed my SR2 game on the last mission.  I was pretty upset about it, I put a lot of hours into that thing.  I ended up just watching a video of someone's playthrough to get the gist of the conclusion.

Saint's Row 3, starting a brand new campaign.  I've got all the crazy DLC this time around, pretty entertaining.

There's one DLC where you're on a film set.  Seriously copious amounts of roflcopter during that one hahaha.

• Like 1

Started another game of Deux Ex: Human Revolution.  While the game is far from ugly, it immediately struck me just how...  ...  primitive the graphics are compare to something like The Witcher 2.  The rectangular, segmented, shape of the bodies in the game is jarring, to say the least.  Not, Morrowind levels of segmented bodies, but jarring compared to the high-end levels of today.  Ironically some of the textures are quite impressive, too bad they're stuck on such primitive models.  Still, doesn't make the game any less enjoyable.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Just finished the Leon campaign in RE6.  Unless you find all the emblems, you miss a LOT of story elements.  Which is kind of dumb, because there are a bunch of cutscenes that assume you know information that was never actually seen in the core game (hint: Helena's role in a certain death).  It's just commented on in one of the files you unlock when you find emblems.

One thing I disliked about the ending of all three campaigns: you basically keep fighting the same endboss throughout the entire chapter.  "Kill" him, he doesn't die, he chases you, "kill" him again, rinse and repeat until the end of the chapter when he dies for good.  It just got kind of cheesy.

Now that I've finished all three campaigns, I have to say they should have stuck to putting effort into one single campaign.  All three felt more like rough outlines for stories that weren't very fleshed out.  Had they spent their time just fleshing out one story, it might have felt more in depth.  The Chris campaign, in particular, didn't mesh as well with the rest of the story.  At least the Jake and Leon ones kind of had a common theme.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

So...Firefall beta. I made a chr (what is up with the female's ginormous rear end/thighs and tiny head, lol) and then reached the spot where you're supposed to select your wearable battlesuit or something (which is what dictates your current abilities I gather). I know you can change them out if you want, later, but I still couldn't decide which one might be best for me, so I quit to look them up. :lol: I like the Recon's fast rate of fire, tho.

And I definitely like those flying boots etc. That is too much fun.

firefall-beta-0002.jpg

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts