What are you playing now?

On my Intel i7 and GTX 560 it runs and looks well enough on 1280x720, medium textures, no SSAA, and very high tessellation.

As for the gameplay, I'm glad for the stealth options and non-lethal takedowns (I hope the Metro has plenty of MRI machines to go around, because, you know, being knocked out for more than half and hour is super bad for you). After one of the mutant sections past the half-way mark, I was literally down to using my military grade ammo against the boss, which as you may well know is literally p***ing money away.

There's a boss later on that will eat all your ammo unless you do it right 

****ING BEAR!

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Finally got Platinum Trophy for Final Fantasy XIII-2 after two playthroughs and 200 hours played... Pretty much enjoyed the game overall and never felt bored... I even got all the titles for chocobo racing in this time including The hardest Underdog Title... Still there is lot of things to do, to get 100% playthrough, but now is time for another game...

Need to think out what to play now...

for the first time

Nier

Tales of Graces f

Yakuza 3

or finishing

The Last Story

Resonance of Fate

Atelier Totori

or play little bit more towards earning Platinum in

Star Ocean - Last Hope

Ni No Kuni

Demon's Soul

Mortal Kombat

But first watching some Korean historical movies :p

And yes I am weird person...

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

I'm playing Grim Dawn alpha.  So far I'm having a super duper blast.  No crashes or graphical glitches either, for the time being, not too shabby for an alpha build. 

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Deus Ex: Human Revolution and Blood Dragon. Early days in the latter, but the music is carrying it over the gameplay so far.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I'm playing Grim Dawn alpha.  So far I'm having a super duper blast.  No crashes or graphical glitches either, for the time being, not too shabby for an alpha build. 

Oohh. I want.

Loved Titan Quest.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Downloading now. Took me a minute to figure out how/where to download the darn thing. All these service sites all connecting together these days... :)

Also realized Borderlands 2 had put out the level-cap increase patch/DLC, which seems included with the Season Pass I bought, and the new character Psycho class, which is not included. I'm not sure I'm interested in spending $10 just for Psycho-man...don't tend to like BL-melee. Anyone try him yet? I guess I hadn't gone online w/Steam in a few months or more...it went all crazy updating all kinds of things on me. Haha.

And starting to get more into Neverwinter Online too, even tho I still don't have the panther. Definitely seems to shine more once you're lvl 20+.

And I still have the next alpha build of Planet Explorers late this month or maybe early June if they fall a bit behind.

Too many games I have to find time for, all of a sudden!! Halp! :ninja:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Nier, Tales of Graces f and Yakuza 3 are all worth playing.

Started Tales of Graces f for now...

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Still playing Go Home Dinosaurs!

Very educational game. I learned why dinosaurs went extinct. They tried to raid the gophers' BBQ. To protect their BBQ, the gophers used giant magnets to pull meteors from space and drop them on the dinosaurs.

Edited by melkathi
  • Like 1

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

I saw your other post as well and wanted to ask just how much content was released with the alpha or if you've come to the end of it yet?

I saw your other post as well and wanted to ask just how much content was released with the alpha or if you've come to the end of it yet?

I've only gotten to play it for about 2 1/2 hours and I doubt I'm anywhere near the end of it.  Arthur Bruno wrote on the GD forums that it's the 1st 1/3 of the game.  I can't tell you how many hours that will be yet, but supposedly it's supposed to be in the 6-8 hour range, if I remember correctly.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Restarted a stalled playthrough of Icewind Dale 2, the atmosphere conjured through the graphics, music and quests is rather enchanting. I've just gotten to the watchtower area, to the west of Kuldahar, and it's rather heartening to see all of these throwbacks to the original game. Never got this far before, I quit after the endless slog through the underdark, a place i've never been particularly fond of.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Still with GTA4, car chases are my bane due to my inability to drive in games like these, well or at least not drive the same way the prey car drives.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

GTA IV chases are by far the easiest in the series. I don't think I was caught once in GTA IV.

There are ways to trick the police cars easily by driving close to non destructible surfaces causing them to crash 90% of the time. Street lamps/trees etc. are particularly good for this.

The most important thing is not to panic and keep holding the gas down. If you hold the gas down you will eventually accelerate to the point that you'll either crash or a small bump will send you spinning. Its impossible to outrun them if you don't drive smart.

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

Well, I did it. I unsubbed from WoW. February 2005 to May 2013. It was a good run. I think I need to go pour myself a shot of whiskey.

What's the appropriate gesture for such an occasion?  I'm not sure pouring out a 40 applies here.

Edit: @Malcador - Everything that involved driving I enjoyed in GTA IV.  Everything on foot sucked horrendously.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

More DDO

I tried to take on a level 8 (I'm level 6) 4 man group quest last night by myself with 5 hirelings. Everything was good until I got to a point where I had to split the party and then it all fell apart. 2 hours wasted and no XP to show for it

Free games updated 3/4/21

Well, I did it. I unsubbed from WoW. February 2005 to May 2013. It was a good run. I think I need to go pour myself a shot of whiskey.

What's the appropriate gesture for such an occasion?  I'm not sure pouring out a 40 applies here.

Lol, Im not sure. I haven't played in months but now I feel a bit anxious and have an uncomfortable feeling that someone somewhere is teabagging the corpse of my beloved mage.

2 hours wasted and no XP to show for it

Yikes! Does DDO only reward XP for completing the entire objective? No kill XP?

GTA IV chases are by far the easiest in the series. I don't think I was caught once in GTA IV.

There are ways to trick the police cars easily by driving close to non destructible surfaces causing them to crash 90% of the time. Street lamps/trees etc. are particularly good for this.

The most important thing is not to panic and keep holding the gas down. If you hold the gas down you will eventually accelerate to the point that you'll either crash or a small bump will send you spinning. Its impossible to outrun them if you don't drive smart.

Oh eluding the cops is easy, not as easy as Sleeping Dogs where you just pop the tires. The missions where you have to chase down some mook in a car annoy me, lot of wasted time to getting in my car (wish you could hop in like SR3, heh). But nothing unsurmountable.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Heh, congrats. :)

I think I stayed subbed to WoW for almost two years after I stopped playing. It really had me in the "maybe I'll go back to it one day" grip a while.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I'm getting bored of WoW, so I'm probably going to cancel my sub pretty soon here myself. I like the leveling experiences of the game, but hate the grinding. So it's good to hit up the expacs at some point to see what's new.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Yet another person disliking XCOM.

I think the gulf between general player opinion and reviewer scores has never been wider. On one hand nothing but the worst, absolutely trashy games are criticized on the other almost every single larger budget game is showered in praise.

In stark opposition to this is player opinion, taken from my experience in forums and comments (for what they're worth) - something we couldn't really read back in the day when the net wasn't so big. As a general rule its the only place game faults are pointed out and something truly critical of a big budget game can be heard.

Like with Dark Souls. I played for a bit on the PC and I like the game. However I don't think I've played a worse port in my entire life and I played some pretty bad ones. Horrible functionality, garbage graphics without fixes etc. etc. By all accounts DS shouldn't receive over 50% for being so inexcusably broken.

Yet the game has 85% Metacritics score alongside other top notch-ultra polished PC games that usually take up that score bracket.

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.