What are you playing now?

I'm level 5 right now, on mindflayer my name is bokinator. Is this game using the same engine as Old Republic? The graphics and character inventory sheet is similar

Also playing NWN on the Mindflayer server as a Tiefling control mage. Name is <something> Demoneye ( :lol: ) and I reached level 16-17 yesterday and got myself a Cleric companion, which totally makes my life easier. Its pretty fun if standard for MMO's. I really hate the checkpoint save system and prior to getting my Cleric companion I was blowing through healing potions and constantly running back to the fire to heal which was a major PITA. I can only imagine how badly that mechanic will suck in P:E since that universe doesn't even offer healing pots.

Yeah, the companion cleric makes life a whole lot easier.  You can use portable altars to build a healing spot also, I must have like 30 of them by now, you get them often enough that you don't have to skimp on using them.  What are both your guys @global (your perfectworld account usernames)?  Mine is @keyrock42.  I'll add you to my friend list.  Once we're all on at the same time one day we should group up to form an Obsidian Forums guild (I was thinking "Obsidian Dawn", since I'm trying to recruit folks from the Grim Dawn forums also, plus it sounds cool to me).  You need to go to the guild registrar with a full group to start a guild so we'll need 5 of us.

@Bokishi - If you're still playing a cleric, I can make you some armor, seeing as I'm an aspiring mailsmith.  Sorry, @Gfted1, I'm not much of a leatherworker so I can't do the same for you.

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Yeah, the companion cleric makes life a whole lot easier.  You can use portable altars to build a healing spot also, I must have like 30 of them by now, you get them often enough that you don't have to skimp on using them.  What are both your guys @global (your perfectworld account usernames)?  Mine is @keyrock42.  I'll add you to my friend list.  Once we're all on at the same time one day we should group up to form an Obsidian Forums guild (I was thinking "Obsidian Dawn", since I'm trying to recruit folks from the Grim Dawn forums also, plus it sounds cool to me).  You need to go to the guild registrar with a full group to start a guild so we'll need 5 of us.

@Bokishi - If you're still playing a cleric, I can make you some armor, seeing as I'm an aspiring mailsmith.  Sorry, @Gfted1, I'm not much of a leatherworker so I can't do the same for you.

I think my global name is GftedUn but if I go to perfectworld.com and log in it says Im signed in as Gfted1 so I don't really know which is which.  I don't know how far ahead of me you are but feel free to add me.

So that's what those alters do, I was wondering. Where do you go to learn professions? I thought I scoured the map pretty well, I found the profession mats vender, but I didn't see anywhere to learn the professions themselves.

It also seems a little bit limiting that you can only have a certain number of your abilities mapped to your UI.

I think my global name is GftedUn but if I go to perfectworld.com and log in it says Im signed in as Gfted1 so I don't really know which is which.  I don't know how far ahead of me you are but feel free to add me.

So that's what those alters do, I was wondering. Where do you go to learn professions? I thought I scoured the map pretty well, I found the profession mats vender, but I didn't see anywhere to learn the professions themselves.

It also seems a little bit limiting that you can only have a certain number of your abilities mapped to your UI.

Around lev 10 you should have gotten a quest that sent you to the professions merchant.  After that you can just press "N" any time and do jobs from there. 

Yeah, I wish I could have more slots on my UI also.  I'm thinking this is being designed around a controller, despite the fact that, to the best of my knowledge, there is no controller support at this time, because the amount of skills allowed on the UI seems to fit a controller perfectly.

Anyway, sent a friend invite to both @Gfted1 @GftedUn.  Whichever one works, I'll just cancel the other invite.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I tried FF1-3. I completed 4. I tried 5 and 6. Completed 7.Played 8. Completed 10, 10-2 and 12.

I found 1-5 pointless, childish and dated. I never got into 6. I don't like 2D anime RPG's. I can't get into the ridiculously childish characters.

7 was okay, but nothing special. 8 was boring.

10 is my favorite. Sure it had a few embarrasing voice acting moments, but overall I liked it a lot.

12 is well made but the story sucks.

If you can, get your hands on FFIX as well... some could say it is little bit childish as well... but IMO Zidane is best FF protagonist...

But yeah, I know some people, who do not like the game as well...

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

reading about NWN online, and how I know the tabletop rules, it feels really very strange to see you going so fast with leveling up...

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

reading about NWN online, and how I know the tabletop rules, it feels really very strange to see you going so fast with leveling up...

Neverwinter is Dungeons & Dragons in name, setting, and races/bestiary only.  The rules/system/leveling doesn't resemble D&D in the slightest bit.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Neverwinter is Dungeons & Dragons in name, setting, and races/bestiary only.  The rules/system/leveling doesn't resemble D&D in the slightest bit.

That's interesting. I figured it was using the 4E rules but youre saying that's not the case? Im a little surprised WoTC allows that.

Played some Civ V, still hate the happiness mechanic as an expansionist. Does make an interesting revenge idea as some civs I've beaten up (well ok, I kill 4 of his units and he offers terms, all of his cities and luxury resources) hit me with unhappiness due to occupation. I guess the correct way is to burn them down, though.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

That's interesting. I figured it was using the 4E rules but youre saying that's not the case? Im a little surprised WoTC allows that.

Okay, I misspoke a bit, I guess.  I'm sure there's just enough bits and pieces of D&D rules in there to satisfy WotC, but as far as skills and feats and weapon damage and combat modifiers, none of that really resembles D&D at all.  I mean the have things like Armor Class, and Heroic and Paragon feats, but they all work much differently than tabletop D&D, at least that's how it feels to me.  I'm sure the amount of experience needed to level is likely the same as in tabletop D&D, but the way you gain experience is different.  Not to mention that in tabletop D&D you're generally not going to be slicing through hundreds of mobs per hour.  This is all fine with me, since tabletop D&D is a terrible system for video games in unmodified form, particularly for an MMO where you will be constantly battling huge numbers of mobs.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Am downloading Wargame: European Escalation on Steam. As I spent a part of the late-eighties digging in on the banks of the Weser waiting for the 6th Shock Army (or whatever). Ah, with my trusty SLR to hand and '58 pattern webbing chafing my back, I thought that this would be agreeably nostalgic (the game is set in 1985).

sonsofgygax.JPG

I'm level 5 right now, on mindflayer my name is bokinator. Is this game using the same engine as Old Republic? The graphics and character inventory sheet is similar

Also playing NWN on the Mindflayer server as a Tiefling control mage. Name is <something> Demoneye ( :lol: ) and I reached level 16-17 yesterday and got myself a Cleric companion, which totally makes my life easier. Its pretty fun if standard for MMO's. I really hate the checkpoint save system and prior to getting my Cleric companion I was blowing through healing potions and constantly running back to the fire to heal which was a major PITA. I can only imagine how badly that mechanic will suck in P:E since that universe doesn't even offer healing pots.

My cleric is in another server, I joined mindflayer as a guardian warrior, but she does need new armor, can you make armor for that class

My cleric is in another server, I joined mindflayer as a guardian warrior, but she does need new armor, can you make armor for that class

Sorry, guardian warrior armor is platesmithing, I'm almost completely unskilled in that.  

Platesmithing: plate armor for guardian warrior

Mailsmithing: chain armor for devoted cleric, scale armor for great weapon fighter

Leatherworking: leather armor for trickster rogue

Tailoring: cloth armor for control wizard

Leadership: exp, item packs, etc.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Completed the main campaign of Divinity 2: DKS. The boss arena at the end was crazy. Luckily, I did find some random sword that greatly improved my melee damage.

Playing the expansion now. I had an exp debot of almost 300.000. Had to laugh at that.

More Neverwinter

Hit level 26 and still cruising along on my control wizard. I'm finding crafting to be frustrating as it's all time based and it's starting to take a long, long time to finish missions. The currency system is also a bit strange for me with all the different currency types

Free games updated 3/4/21

I finally got around to installing Arkham Asylum and I've really been enjoying it, they've managed to cram quite a few satisfying mechanics into the Unreal engine.  Mark Hamill's joker is always excellent and I can't imagine an animated Batman without Kevin Conroy's voice, so far the Arkham games seem like a good send off for them.

They did do it as Justice League was running. it was HORRID (Joker went from somebody with charisma to just being a psycho who tossed cards. It was just called "The Batman" and done in the animation style of Jackie Chan Adventures.

Playing Homeworld, just passed the Garden of Kadesh, and examining the Ghost Ship.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

More Neverwinter

Hit level 26 and still cruising along on my control wizard. I'm finding crafting to be frustrating as it's all time based and it's starting to take a long, long time to finish missions. The currency system is also a bit strange for me with all the different currency types

I'm level 26 too. I have a cleric called Serrano, we may have seen each other on the PvP domination thing earlier.

The currency does seem to take some getting used to. I've gotten the hang of the broken shards but the different animal coin things I haven't even looked into yet.

Edited by Serrano

Is Divinity II worth a damn? I'm desperate for something meaty to play but I'm also an absolute tightwad/cheapass.

Depends on what you want. It's a unique, flawed game and I had enough fun LPing it. In terms of semi-open RPG mechanics and combat you want Gothic 1/2 or Risen 1/2, but for a fairly humorous romp D2 is also good. 

Is Divinity II worth a damn? I'm desperate for something meaty to play but I'm also an absolute tightwad/cheapass.

It isn't really amazing in any particular area, but I had enough fun with the game to move on to the expansion. Expect some jokes, fun exploration and a non-class growth system. I personally enjoy the fact that I can develop my character the way I want. Some areas (very few) have some platforming, sometimes you play as a dragon that was a decent change. I don't know if you'd like it or not, if you don't mind lots of jokes, give it a go. I certainly enjoyed it more than Skyrim.

Finally played enough of the current version of Path of Exile where, despite the latency issues, I'm starting to "get into it" more. Tried all the classes but the barbarian-type, to check out how the passive tree works for each, and I'd have to say that while the Duelist is still fun, the Shadow is my new fave class (he didn't exist last time I played for any length of time) because of where he starts out on the passive tree - he's the best for speed-based melee + magic caster hybrid. Altho it probably helped that on the day I started him, I found 4 low-level unique/legendary items which helped him blow through to Act2. First time I've found any of those and that was an odd run of finding so many. I'm sure I'll never find another one now, haha.

So good to play when I'm waiting for other games. One of the other pets I was interested in went on "sale" so I blew my remaining "points" on it...thinking of spending a little more real cash on the game for some more points, mostly for stash and chr. slots-per-account features. :ninja:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Level 18 in NWN and finally found the professions tab thanks to Keyrock. Currently grinding up Tailoring and Leadership. Whats the point of Leadership?

Leadership gives you exp and you earn astral diamonds and supply crates that may include rare items, particularly for higher level jobs.

I'm lev 4 leadership and on the cusp of hitting lev 7 mailsmithing.  Everything else lev 1.

@Serrano - Which shard are you on and what is your @global so I can add you to my friend list?

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Depends on what you want. It's a unique, flawed game and I had enough fun LPing it. In terms of semi-open RPG mechanics and combat you want Gothic 1/2 or Risen 1/2, but for a fairly humorous romp D2 is also good. 

It isn't really amazing in any particular area, but I had enough fun with the game to move on to the expansion. Expect some jokes, fun exploration and a non-class growth system. I personally enjoy the fact that I can develop my character the way I want. Some areas (very few) have some platforming, sometimes you play as a dragon that was a decent change. I don't know if you'd like it or not, if you don't mind lots of jokes, give it a go. I certainly enjoyed it more than Skyrim.

Thanks for the feedback - I think I'll give it a go! I've heard the Battle Tower aspect is pretty fun too?

Edited by Tel Aviv