RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS!

LadyCrimson

BruceVC and Keyrock, I'm with you on this one, and fervently so! Consoles will not be on my shopping list ever, nor in any mental desiderata. We could start a club, the Anti-Console Club, ACC... ;)

• Like 1

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

BruceVC and Keyrock, I'm with you on this one, and fervently so! Consoles will not be on my shopping list ever, nor in any mental desiderata. We could start a club, the Anti-Console Club, ACC... ;)

I like it, sign me up :)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Dead State is now doing pre-orders.

http://www.deadstate.doublebearproductions.com/purchase/

Are you sure?  All I get is a page saying that they are considering ways to allow pre-orders.

Probably an issue they fixed since you posted but there are links to pre-order the normal and deluxe versions now.

Must be a problem on my end.  I'm still just getting a page that says they are considering different methods.  No links, no announcement, just a "coming soon".  :(

Edit:  Solved.  I had to do a hard shift + F5 refresh to get the new page instead of the cached page.

Edited by mute688

Banished

A city-building game where the economy is focused on barter rather than cash. Ooh, I love me a good city-builder!

That seems like a pretty cool idea, I like city builders a lot so is good to see more.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Gameplay looks like ****, but for some odd reason the trailer direction appeals to me.

Perkele, tiädäksää tuanoini!

"It's easier to tolerate idiots if you do not consider them as stupid people, but exceptionally gifted monkeys."

Guest Slinky

Banished

A city-building game where the economy is focused on barter rather than cash. Ooh, I love me a good city-builder!

That seems like a pretty cool idea, I like city builders a lot so is good to see more.

For a second I hoped for a post-apocalyptic city builder.

"Who run barter town?"

Gameplay looks like ****, but for some odd reason the trailer direction appeals to me.

The game won't be released until sometime in 2014. Also, Bastion looked amazing and this is Super Giant Games next big thing, so I'd say it will look a lot better once it's released.

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Oh man, I'M IN!

Looks the same as Bastion, which was fun enough but very simple. Will look and see, hopefully they've done some work on the gameplay.

I got excited when I saw "Dungeons and Dragons" but then I read its a release of an old arcade game so now my view is "meh"

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

that old arcade game is soooooo awesome

i used to spend all my money on that game at my local arcade

• Like 1

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

that old arcade game is soooooo awesome

i used to spend all my money on that game at my local arcade

Yeah, that machine (Dungeons & Dragons) ate a whole bunch of my quarters too, that and X-Men vs. Street Fighter.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Banished

Ooooo.......me likey the videos. I'd be more than willing to try that one. Need moah CB's.

I've been waiting and waiting to hear news from Tilted Mill on their Medieval Mayor, but they've fallen silent. :( (edit: they did have recent power failure issues, pretty bad, but I mean no news on the game itself).

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts