RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS!

LadyCrimson

http://thenexusnews.com/the-witcher-3-announcement-intimidates-ea-bioware-and-dragon-age-iii/853568/

Alanchu, I know you're not going to confirm or deny this, but for the sake of your company and your reputation, a rushed game is not going to end well for you guys. 

It's sounds weird when you humanize a large company.

snip

The first thing that came to mind was this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPk4NTp-Lmk

I'll play the 10th doctor and say that I much prefer the Dragon Age series (or at least DA:O) over the Witcher series. Looking forward to both games though.

• Like 3

Free games updated 3/4/21

http://thenexusnews.com/the-witcher-3-announcement-intimidates-ea-bioware-and-dragon-age-iii/853568/

Alanchu, I know you're not going to confirm or deny this, but for the sake of your company and your reputation, a rushed game is not going to end well for you guys. 

This is a joke right? TW won't be giving EA sleepless nights. Now if bethesda announced FO4 in a similar release window, that would do it.

Remember EA is about sales, and while TW3 has a good chance of being critically better received than DA3, it won't sell as well.

cylon_basestar_eye.gif

i liked heavy rain, it was thrilling.

I've never heard a single good thing about Heavy Rain. I've heard people say it could have been good if it had a different/not-horribly awful writer. But that doesn't really count as positive feedback.

"One is being released in mid year and another at the end of the year, so
I don't get the article.  It would be an issue if they had the same
release month or day, I suppose, but I believe the audience is big
enough to support both."

Yeah. No doubt. NWN was also released at about the same time time frame as TOEE and POR2  as well as MW and DS3... BIO didn't cry.

"Remember EA is about sales, and while TW3 has a good chance of being critically better received than DA3, it won't sell as well."

Exactly. The so called internet 'experts' try to pretend that DA2 was some sort of bomb' when it sold 2mil+ copies in the first month.

Twitcher is a friggin' joke. Hell, even the RPG Potato Codex made fun of Twitcher 2 and are really laughin' it up abotu Twitcher 3... But, that is the Codex which emans twitcher 3 is probably really good. Heh.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Either way will be a nice youtube watch when it comes out.

I demand a "Let's play"-video in perfect 1080p resolution!

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Man, when Blizzard said they were going to announce something that wasn't a sequel, expansion or that Titan project, I somehow got the idea in my head that they were finally going to do something new or interesting. WarCraft TCG? Wasn't there one already?

I keep hoping they do a single player Warcraft RPG.

They should totally bring back that cancelled graphic adventure. The genre is back!

Nah, you can find the parts they made online. Abandonia has it, I think, but I'm ot sure. They should make a new version, not bring that one back. It was terrible and deserved to be cancelled.

Remember EA is about sales, and while TW3 has a good chance of being critically better received than DA3, it won't sell as well.

Dunno about that, either witcher game sold (probably) more than at least DA2 did, and they were PC only/ +360 for TW2. I wouldn't have thought there would be competition anyway as neither is likely to be a 'must have'/ saturation game which sells so much that it kills sales for other titles.

TW is certainly doing well enough to keep CDProjekt going, which is all that matters for me. They do have an integrated publisher backing which is a big advantage (like Bethesda), but it's indicative that they're making the kind of games which really need a lot of $ sunk in for art assets.

• Like 2

TW is certainly doing well enough to keep CDProjekt going, which is all that matters for me. They do have an integrated publisher backing which is a big advantage (like Bethesda), but it's indicative that they're making the kind of games which really need a lot of $ sunk in for art assets.

QFT

You words of wisdom resonate with me

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

''A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is bad forever''-Shigeru Miyamoto

Wink

"Sales projections from marking research has shown that the product placement for certain demographics during the Q4 time period increase sales by atleast 14%" - Some guy in a big conglomerate. 

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

''A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is bad forever''-Shigeru Miyamoto

Wink

"Sales projections from marking research has shown that the product placement for certain demographics during the Q4 time period increase sales by atleast 14%" - Some guy in a big conglomerate.

I'm bought back to Brutal Legend, although it's arguable to some people whether it was a good game or not.

Ka-ka-ka-ka-Cocaine!

Z9SVsCY.gif

brutal legend was good/great, but somewhat odd to play, and i can see why the masses didn't flock to it. 

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Man, when Blizzard said they were going to announce something that wasn't a sequel, expansion or that Titan project, I somehow got the idea in my head that they were finally going to do something new or interesting. WarCraft TCG? Wasn't there one already?

They should totally bring back that cancelled graphic adventure. The genre is back!

Nah, you can find the parts they made online. Abandonia has it, I think, but I'm ot sure. They should make a new version, not bring that one back. It was terrible and deserved to be cancelled.

I'm pretty sure you're confusing games here. There are youtube videos of an unreleased beta around, but I don't think that one was releaesed to the internet. At least AFAIK. Maybe I missed something.

If that is true, all that Sony needs to win this generation console war is allow used games...

And of course with this in play, there is absolutely no reason of owning Xbox over PC...

Sorry to dampen your excitement, but PS4 probably will require the same. Besides, what's the problem with full installs (faster loading speed, no OD noise) and always-online anyway? It's not an issue among PC gamers so it won't be one among console gamers. Welcome to 2013, consoles.

Of course not, that's why PC gaming with the number of games went to hell with fewer PC gamers...and everyone moved to IPAD, Touchpads, and consoles where you don't have to be online to play, but can play anywhere the heck you want to.

Just so you know where to reference, the rumor isn't just online...it's ALWAYS ONLINE for the xbox 720 according to the rumor, game won't run if your internet goes down.

For example, the guy next door to me, I think he has some sort of pirated site or something.  The line goes through his house first and just recently the internet hasn't been working at all.  I suspected he was hogging the line with something massive on his d/l scheme, so I went and hit the breaker near his house and like magic...my internet is now working.  He's at church.  I bet he'll be pissed when he comes back...but then...if I'm right he's probably also operating a massive d/l upload piracy thing too...and hogging the bandwidth for the entire neighborhood which actually peeves me to no end.

Just to say...with neighbors like that...you could end up not being able to play any games with an always online system.

Edited by greylord

that old arcade game is soooooo awesome

i used to spend all my money on that game at my local arcade

that old arcade game is soooooo awesome

i used to spend all my money on that game at my local arcade

Yeah, that machine (Dungeons & Dragons) ate a whole bunch of my quarters too, that and X-Men vs. Street Fighter.

You guys are lucky that your lived in a country that had arcade games like that, due to sanctions certain things were restricted living in South Africa....poor me :shrugz:

Well, I'm actually excited about this, used to play that game and have a blast with both of those.

Hm, thought the only Warcraft Adventures copy available was in some Russian guy's hands and he refuses to share it (I guess he can be sued). For a rough beta, it wasn't all that bad (hard to judge WIP in any case), puzzles were pretty simple and some of the characters are rather weirdly portrayed, although that is with the benefit of hindsight from WoW/WC3. World seems a lot more grim, too.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Ah, ok, cool. I didn't bother looking for it as all discussion I'd heard about it was that it was lost or in the hands of those that didn't share. Well, serves me right.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra