What are you playing now - the plays the thing

LadyCrimson

Frozen Synapse.

It's a turn-based tactics game, except it's also real-time.

Okay, so what you actually do, is that you pick your action, or downright program the actions of your pseudo-SWAT team for the next 5 seconds at a time. It's kind of like in chess, you are supposed to plan 4 of your next moves, then you and your opponent move your units at once when action phase comes.

And this is not like in the new XCOM game where you pretty much have 1 move and 1 action per character per turn. No, you can go as complex as you like, as long as it fits the 5-second time frame

• Like 2

Finished Zone of the Enders 2 HD. I've finished both now. The pacing doesn't hold up to modern standards, the cutscenes are too long. And the slowdown kills the action in the final moments, as I said before. Despite of the slowdown, they're still better bossfights than I've found in this console generation. Except maybe for Bayonetta.

The writing was weaker than I remember thinking it was. Nohman's a pretty standard moustache twirler. Even Viola played at sympathetic in the first game, though it didn't exactly balance out her psychopathy.

Overall, it's still fantastic.

Edit: Next up, I think I'll be playing Deponia. Assassin's Creed 3 bored me too much to go back to it as of yet.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Now there is a game that deserved GOTY.

And the soundtrack by nervous testpilot is fantastic as well.

I don't really play strategy games aside from the odd Japanese Strategy-RPGs like Final Fantasy Tactics, but there is simply something immensely gripping about Frozen Synapse's gameplay. There's just something immensely satisfying about having your lone shotgunner kill 2 enemy shotgunners just by having him stand behind a blind corner at the right time

Poor Kaelyn. She was my least favourite companion, but that was not how I wanted her end up...

Which end you got for her? There are different endings for companions you know.

Started a game of Civilization IV after a loong time. Got a nice starting place, lots of room and resourses. Everything seemed fine till I met my closest neighbor, Tokugawa of Japan. Goodbye peaceful and relaxing game. I hate that guy, you can't make him like you no matter what you do and he always attacks sooner or later.

I just want to build in peace, I hate wars early game.

Poor Kaelyn. She was my least favourite companion, but that was not how I wanted her end up...

Likely the ending where she gets owned by the demi-lich. I like this ending, Lawful Stupid characters should get what they deserve

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Likely the ending where she gets owned by the demi-lich. I like this ending, Lawful Stupid characters should get what they deserve

That was the one. I know there are different endings for characters, but I wanted to do my lawful good run first. I was going to destroy the tomes, but I hoped for a good reward for giving them back. Oh well, the next time I play, I'll be an *** hole.

One thing I forgot to mention is that I had more fun with the enemy encounters in this than the OC.

There is no beauty in your soul.

She sought to end a terrible injustice. She wasn't thwacking people for jaywalking.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Dragon Age: Origins

Ain't my character purdy?!

:biggrin:

Would it surprise you to hear me say "nice waifu brother" in a sarcastic way missed by the intended recipient of the comment?

Although seeing Kingdoms of Amalur at a price of around £7 I'm tempted to stretch my budget this month and pick it up on the cheap.. ;)

It's a pretty good game. Pretty boring selection of races, though. I'm pretty sure 99% of players chose sexually sexual gray elves over blue elves (man those guys were dumb looking,) multiracial generic humans and aryan nordic master race humans. Gameplay was its strongest aspect, the story and lore were uninteresting (thanks Oblivion guy!) Visually it was like a modern WoW (you know, better than DX7,) whether that's good or bad is up to you. Shallow fun, more like a straight action game than an action RPG for the most part.

Edited by AGX-17

Although seeing Kingdoms of Amalur at a price of around £7 I'm tempted to stretch my budget this month and pick it up on the cheap.. ;)

It's a pretty good game. Pretty boring selection of races, though. I'm pretty sure 99% of players chose sexually sexual gray elves over blue elves (man those guys were dumb looking,) multiracial generic humans and aryan nordic master race humans. Gameplay was its strongest aspect, the story and lore were uninteresting (thanks Oblivion guy!) Visually it was like a modern WoW (you know, better than DX7,) whether that's good or bad is up to you. Shallow fun, more like a straight action game than an action RPG for the most part.

I personally went with sexually sexual aryan nordic master race, dual braid style for extra sexual sexuality. I concur the thoughts about the game; dull story and lore, good gameplay.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

AC3

liberated 2 more forts, made a lot of redcoats learn to fear the woods

i wish there was a system in the game that tracked how scared the enemy was of you.

because i have ridden the pale horse o'er the bodies of hundreds of british, and that entire faction should be TERRIFIED of even going near the woods... maybe i've not been leaving enough survivors to tell the tale?

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Just finished killing the broodmother in the Deep Roads, and now I'm on to find Branka.

One thing I've found out that I didn't notice before: Cone of Cold seems to be the only spell that affects my own party with party damage/friendly fire turned off. Flames, shock, etc. don't do anything to my party, but if party members are in the way while casting cone of cold, they get frozen as well.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Finished Deathspank 2. Moved on to Theme Hospital.

Aaaaah... still as good and fun as it used to be. The low resolution doesn't bother me at all.

There is a HD mod, but like most HD mods it looks so plastic, cheap and way too colorful. So many HD mods want to make the game prettier but end up making it so much uglier, like here.

• Like 1

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

GoG updated my Stronghold games with the HD versions + "Extreme" version for Crusader. So I checked it out briefly. It's very nice to play in full screen 1920x1080 and have it look great. Very very nice. Not that it looked horrid playing the old versions, but yeah ... it's sweet. Can't wait to have some time to play Crusader and get those 1000's of units rocking.

Man I used to spend hours designing freemaps and castles in Stronghold, and playing the Skirmish maps. Good times, good times.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

So I meta-gamed (is that the word) a bit when it came to the decision about the Anvil of the Void because I wanted to keep my party happy. I had Shale, Oghren and Leliana in my party, and was originally going to side with Branka and give her the anvil. But then Leliana spoke up against it, and Shale indicated she was happy we were siding with Caridin. Only Oghren had an issue, but he seemed to accept my decision.

The end result? -10 approval with Oghren, +4 with Leliana and no approval gain from Shale! I was hoping Shale would certainly approve big time, given the fact she commented in a cut scene right after my decision about how it was good we were siding with Caridin.

I should have given the damn thing to Branka.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Siding with Branka would have given you a -10 with Shale though if I remember correctly.

Actually I seem to remember that you might lose Shale if you side with Branka.. Looking at wiki that seems to be right:

• If The Warden sides with Branka and Shale is part of the active party, Shale will join Caridin and fight against The Warden.
  • If The Warden sides with Caridin and Shale is there too, it can lead to the quest A Golem's Memories after talking to Caridin at the end of the combat.
  • If Shale is not part of the active party, the next time The Warden talks to her in Camp after the new Dwarven king is crowned, she will ask what happened. Depending on how the conversation goes, she can either leave the party or start her Companion Quest. A Warden that killed Caridin can lie to her to avoid a severe loss of approval (-28).

Fortune favors the bald.

Finished Deathspank 2. Moved on to Theme Hospital.

Aaaaah... still as good and fun as it used to be. The low resolution doesn't bother me at all.

There is a HD mod, but like most HD mods it looks so plastic, cheap and way too colorful. So many HD mods want to make the game prettier but end up making it so much uglier, like here.

Had a lot of fun playing deathspank with my missus.

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

I've been replaying NWN2 lately and I'm finally trying my hand at creating a module or two. I've always wanted to but I've either been too busy or too overwhelmed by all the tools and coding. I'm going to make things a bit easier on myself by recreating an adventure from a 2nd edition board game. It's going pretty well so far, I've managed to do a few basic things like create a companion and link a couple of areas together. It's nothing special I know but it's a nice feeling to actually see things like a guard on patrol or an area trigger working as intended. Also, despite what some people have said recently I'm really digging my replay of NWN2. I find the UI and the AI settings such as auto-loot make the game much more convinient to play that the infinity engine games.

Edited by Serrano

More Gabriel Knight 2, almost makes me want to visit Munich.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

So I meta-gamed (is that the word) a bit when it came to the decision about the Anvil of the Void because I wanted to keep my party happy. I had Shale, Oghren and Leliana in my party, and was originally going to side with Branka and give her the anvil. But then Leliana spoke up against it, and Shale indicated she was happy we were siding with Caridin. Only Oghren had an issue, but he seemed to accept my decision.

The end result? -10 approval with Oghren, +4 with Leliana and no approval gain from Shale! I was hoping Shale would certainly approve big time, given the fact she commented in a cut scene right after my decision about how it was good we were siding with Caridin.

I should have given the damn thing to Branka.

My memory:

I wanted to destroy it... but the battle became too painful and hard, with the boss pretty much instakilling every one of my party in one hit. So I eventually switched sides to defend the anvil. Battle was easy (mage enemy kill me, but melee boss, kite, you idiot)... and afterwards... I could still let the anvil be sacrificed anyway. Also got the achievement for destroying the anvil (even when I didn't) and I'm pretty sure some NPC's became thoroughly confused and I had a few mentions of sparing it and several of destroying it...

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee