BioWare Founders Retiring!

Merin

What else are they going to do with SP? The trilogy story is over and they did just do the revised endings and everything. MP is just combat maps anyways.

They're probably going through options in deciding what the next ME game will be.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

What else are they going to do with SP? The trilogy story is over and they did just do the revised endings and everything. MP is just combat maps anyways.

They're probably going through options in deciding what the next ME game will be.

The other rumoured SP pack back in the day was Collectors (in fact, it might have been collectors in concert with the Omega DLC, so it might be just the one), so it would kind of make sense for them to reuse the assets. Certainly if they've dragged out Harbies' voice actor it could be a sign that he's coming back for a little more direct contro...

Nobody else was disappointed he didn't assume anything in the trailer? Lost opportunity! :p

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

The MP I've heard they're definitely going to have is MultiPlatform, but if they're going for that MultiPlayer seems likely too.

Triss and Geralt, co-op, kinect multiplay...

If someone were to do stuff like that, it'd have to be CDPR, I think

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Bioware has announced a new multiplayer pack for ME3, it brings back the collectors and the trailer is voiced by Harbinger.

I'm shocked at how excited a lot of those people in the BSN thread about the release are. I could understand perhaps if it was another SP DLC or even the announcement of a new ME game. But some of them are going nuts over what is essentially a few new maps?

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Bioware has announced a new multiplayer pack for ME3, it brings back the collectors and the trailer is voiced by Harbinger.

I'm shocked at how excited a lot of those people in the BSN thread about the release are. I could understand perhaps if it was another SP DLC or even the announcement of a new ME game. But some of them are going nuts over what is essentially a few new maps?

It's mostly Harbinger, plus we know those assets are being used for Omega.

Ka-ka-ka-ka-Cocaine!

Z9SVsCY.gif

Star Wars syndrome methinks. :biggrin:

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

The other rumoured SP pack back in the day was Collectors (in fact, it might have been collectors in concert with the Omega DLC, so it might be just the one), so it would kind of make sense for them to reuse the assets. Certainly if they've dragged out Harbies' voice actor it could be a sign that he's coming back for a little more direct contro...

Nobody else was disappointed he didn't assume anything in the trailer? Lost opportunity! :p

The music in the trailer (and the trailer in general) was excellent, it's a shame if they don't carry any of that over into single player. The new content looks aces but until they fix the disconnect bug it's more of a tease for me.

Edited by Serrano

Do we really need another Dragon Age game?

The setting's quite generic at the end but it has potential for originality if they stop to keep the card so closed to their chest and start to show what's the point of the whole universe (one of the really few interesting bits about DA2 was the secret history of the city: "the enigma of Kirkwall"... it's sad that they haven't developed it as a full fleshed quest because it was one of the very few hook I feel for that game).

Having said that, history has shown that the only fantasy setting that sells in the videogaming world are generic fantasy setting with a twist. Not to say that you need really good writers (I mean GRRM's level of good) to mix good and innovative in the fantasy genre. Without any offense, the average game writer has not that level of skill.

PS: Now that we have all that hopefully good oldschool RPGs coming thanks to KS (W2, PE and let's not forget DS), I think that Bioware should just follow their guts and complete the mass-effectization of the franchise they begun with DA2. If they're really serious about the whole storytelling/cinematic action-RPGs for consoles thing and it's not just marketing, they should remove the last elements that tie DA to the old D&Desque CRPG genre because they do not add anything to the kind of games they want to make (I would come as far to say that they are at odds with their design model of late and that they force compromises for many important features in most game areas).

Edited by meomao

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.gamefront.com/rebuilding-the-future-how-bioware-can-bounce-back/

Interesting article, contains both positive and negative comments about the future of Bioware.

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Horrible article and written in ignorance. If BIO went back to its roots they'd be making medical software. I don't think that's what the writer actually wants so I can't take him seriously - espicially BIO's newer games are all better than BIO's first RPG anyways. BG was fun in '98 when it came out but if they released it today it would be laughed at,

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

SimDoc!

Press 1 to turn your head to the side and cough!

Press 2 for the speculum!

Press 3 to use the MRI machine and then have some curmudgeon's patient get worse because of you!

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Bioware lost their soul the minute they stopped focusing on medical software!

But wait! Now that they're part of EA, they have the rights to do followups to SimHealth and Theme Hospital!

xD

SimDoc!

Press 1 to turn your head to the side and cough!

Press 2 for the speculum!

Press 3 to use the MRI machine and then have some curmudgeon's patient get worse because of you!

Press 4 to receive a malpractice suit.

Isn't threre bit too many buttons? Maybe they should combine them to one... as somekind of... awesome button.

Renegade interrupt: administer adrenaline shot!

-

Dammit, I don't have enough paragon points to save his leg! I only have the red option to amputate immediately and yell at him to harden up!

-

I give the kid a lollipop after a successful operation. Dr. Morgan disapproves (-10). Dang. I'll have to find a jewel-encrusted scalpel gift to make up for it.

-

Doctor! This patient has no health cover! That's okay, we'll limit him to three pills a week, 10 minutes max on the IV, no sponge baths, and only the fluoro green hospital gown.

Edited by Humanoid

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Isn't threre bit too many buttons? Maybe they should combine them to one... as somekind of... awesome button.

But with that awesome button taking so much space on the average keyboard, where will we put the cover mechanic and sprint keys? Edited by Nordicus

I wouldn't mind becoming a perpetual student of whisky and micro breweries. Looks like we have veered into a different territory in general now, so I'm locking this (even though I loved the theme hospital version of the tropes). For those who hate DA2, there is an existing thread ;)

:skull:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein