BioWare Founders Retiring!

Merin

Only the red one if I remember correctly?

Green was assimilation and blue was control or some such

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Reapers only get kyboshed in one of the endings, and frankly if there was a desire to do a spinoff RTS the idea of taking one of the endings and running with it would probably still work. I'm skeptical it would happen though.

If it did it certainly wouldn't be made at the Edmonton Studio either haha. Unless there was a burning desire to just go out and try something completely different! Hahaha.

Back to the Bloodlines hotel level for a moment: I liked it, and I *never* play horror games (or watch horror movies). In terms of scare or creepiness factor though, a lot of it is kind of offset by the fact that you, the player character, are not running from monsters, but that you *are* the monster. Sure you're not invincible, but stuff tends to be a bit less intimidating when you're basically the freaking Batman.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

The great and wonderful David Gaider, Chris Priestly, Jennifer Hepler and Casey Hudon lead the company now. They're in good hands....

LOL

Anyways, Bioware needs to die....like seriously. The way they are now, the fans against us attitude is only going to lead to self destruction. They left because of the disheartening news that the TOR and ME3 failed in different ways, but were ill received.

You could see it in the forums, the developers there despise their fans, Bioware's fans haven't been too nice to them and are rabid. But there's a good reason for that and it all started with Dragon Age Awakening (itself great compared to DA2).

Le sigh.

Or is it just that you're still bitter for being banned despite a history of unproductive, passive aggressive posting where at one point you actually state straight up that you've been intentionally trolling the forums for some time while then having the absurdity to not understand why you were banned from the forums. You weren't banned for "Trolling" you were banned for trolling.

We're cracking down on people that have nothing of value to post. You had demonstrated that you were one of those posters. It had become evident you were not a fan and were more interested in leaving snide one line remarks as posts instead of actually engaging in discussion. Upon seeing your 4 year old reaction when joining this forum, it certainly seems like we were correct in our assessment.

If you wish to know who recommended your postings be reviewed, it was in fact me. So cheerio mate.

Oh hello Alan, nice to see you too. Don't try to make assertions of people's behaviors by a few posts you see them do online. But I guess if you make an assumption of a customer by a forum, then maybe I was right.

you were not a fan

I'm also an EA shareholder. And I guess all the games registered mean nothing as well right?

Upon seeing your 4 year old reaction when joining this forum,

Yes, I was a little upset, I was on BSN since it's inception and I guarantee you I did not come in with the intent of "trolling".

actually engaging in discussion

I did plenty of time, I guess you didn't see that. My bitterness at the direction of the company shaped it a lot, but that doesn't mean I wasn't a constructive member, but let's not pollute this thread with this bullcrap, if you wanna discuss this like gentlemen PM me.

Hasta luego, amigo.

So back on topic, Bioware (mythic) is going to be working on a new IP. I'm sure you've all heard, but it's Command and Conquer (formerly titled generals 2).

Last year they had a concept pic of what was supposedly a new game.

2011-vgas-biowares-new-project-is-cc-generals-2-e1323569813328.jpg

This is probably a GLA rebel being blown to bits.

Now this game went free-to-play, or rather it was announced free to play recently, and will have single player campaign. But i wonder if they're removing the Generals concept. I actually like that storyline.

Edited by NKKKK

Ka-ka-ka-ka-Cocaine!

Z9SVsCY.gif

Wasnt there some Bioware scam where a forum ban also bans you from playing the games you purchased? Do they still do that?

I've heard after some people said it was a feature, it turned out to be a bug.

But I got that second hand, don't know for sure. BSN is kinda hard for me to get onto without a relatively modern computer so I don't hang there like I did.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

That happened in DA2's launch, some guy said "EA is the devil" or something to that affect, and got banned for two days. This also prohibited access to his single-player campaign, companies prohibiting access to a single player game which you bought with your money is obviously not cool.

It got hotter when Stanley Woo defended the action.

It was later said to be a glitch by EA, and it hasn't really happened since.

For example, even though I'm permabanned right now from BSN and I were to theoretically buy Dragon Age 3, I could still register it on the site and get access to it's features.

Edited by NKKKK

Ka-ka-ka-ka-Cocaine!

Z9SVsCY.gif

That happened in DA2's launch, some guy said "EA is the devil" or something to that affect, and got banned for two days. This also prohibited access to his single-player campaign, companies prohibiting access to a single player game which you bought with your money is obviously not cool.

It got hotter when Stanley Woo defended the action.

It was later said to be a glitch by EA, and it hasn't really happened since.

For example, even though I'm permabanned right now from BSN and I were to theoretically buy Dragon Age 3, I could still register it on the site and get access to it's features.

I'm surprised they fixed it. I thought I had heard people were still having problems with their accounts after the initial DA2 problems. I figured that it was always working as intended.

There's no reason to get upset over Bioware anymore because they're on a downward spiral that they're not likely to recover from. I suspect by the time the ME and DA cows run out of milk (a couple of years more at most) that they'll be dissolved, because Bioware can't give EA what it wants, and it wants what all big publishers want - a CoD like spammable franchise. It goes against their whole philosophy because even though they made the same game ten times over they still did it with a degree of dedication and polish and a minimum of innovation that's simply not repeatable on a yearly basis no matter how good they are. RPGs are neither shooters nor sports games and they'll never have that simplicity and mass appeal.

CDProjektRED is where the game is at right now, they're most willing to innovate and spend serious cash at the same time. Their cyberpunk project could be the new big thing.

Bethesda, the gorrila in the room has cash but is artistically dead and has always been against real innovation - selling the same game over and over is their modus operandi.

Kickstarter is still an unknown we'll just have to see how that plays out.

Edited by Drowsy Emperor

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

"I wouldn't normally care about a joke about stealing, but the whole implied sexual assault joke is a bit too much, I think."

L0L

:CDProjektRED is where the game is at right now, they're most willing to innovate and spend serious cash at the same time. Their cyberpunk project could be the new big thing.

Bethesda, the gorrila in the room has cash but is artistically dead and has always been against real innovation - selling the same game over and over is their modus operandi."

Yet, youa re fine with CDP - who you laughably praised in the same paragraph - despite the fact since they came into knowledge they have basically spammed the same thing (Twitcher) over and over. And, they haven't done one innovative thing yet.

"It goes against their whole philosophy because even though they made the same game ten times over they still did it with a degree of dedication and polish and a minimum of innovation that's simply not repeatable on a yearly basis no matter how good they are. RPGs are neither shooters nor sports games and they'll never have that simplicity and mass appeal."

EA seems content to spam NHL series every year despite it only selling 1milish copies which is horrid compared to their big sports titles like Madden or FIFA.I doubt the BIO brand is going away anytime soon. They've been with EA for 5 years now and their games are selling 2mil+. Nothing to cry about - espicially in the RPG genre.

P.S. Did you know that the next Twitcher and other CDP's games are gonna have MP. l0LZ

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

But, considering your stance that "new and innovative" is the benchmark for "cool", I don't see Kickstarter delivering the goods for you. As it stands, the most successful/hyped games to come out of kickstarter have been tributes to the old days.... which is the opposite of innovation, yes?

Edited by Stun

P.S. Did you know that the next Twitcher and other CDP's games are gonna have MP. l0LZ

That was confirmed? Thought it was speculation the last time I checked.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Wasnt there some Bioware scam where a forum ban also bans you from playing the games you purchased? Do they still do that?

...if'n that be true, I's ain't e'er gonna be able ta play a BIOweenian game again...not that I's any plans ta...e'er... :ban:

...WHO LUVS YA, BABY!!...

A long, long time ago, but I can still remember,
How the Trolling used to make me smile.
And I knew if I had my chance, I could egg on a few Trolls to "dance",
And maybe we'd be happy for a while.
But then Krackhead left and so did Klown;
Volo and Turnip were banned, Mystake got run out o' town.
Bad news on the Front Page,
BIOweenia said goodbye in a heated rage.
I can't remember if I cried
When I heard that TORN was recently fried,
But sadness touched me deep inside,
The day...Black Isle died.

For tarna, Visc, an' the rest o' the ol' Islanders that fell along the way

Well, other posters seem to have disproved it.

This is the original incident during DA2 launch.

So.

My other account got suspended yesterday for 72 hours. My suspended v_ware account has all my Bioware games registered to it. My other games are Mass Effect 2, Dragon Age: Origins and Awakening. I have played every game off Bioware since KOTOR, which is my favourite game of all time.

Since I have these other games and off course have played the DA2 demo, my previously unlocked DA2 content is assigned to this account.

When I got the mail I was curieus. I wanted to know what I did that was offensive. The mail stated that I was suspended for inappropriate content. There was no further explenation to what the particular reason was.

On EA Live Chat they told me that that I said: “
Have you sold your souls to the EA devil?
” (This is a quote, don’t suspend me again)

Now, those are the words I said, you can’t argue with that. I’m not going to try and sugarcoat that, let me just say in my defense, I have always been a pretty reasonable person on this forum. So I agree that you guys suspended my account from the forums for 72 hours. Btw, this is the first time I got suspended.

What I don’t agree with is that I can’t activate my new DA2 game.

This is the deal. I just got my Bioware Signature Edition from the store. I allready knew I was going to play it without the extra content since I can’t activate my extra codes. What I did not know was that I needed to activate the game before being abble to play it. So now I’ve got a dead game for 50 euros. Pity.

So for your consideration. Please let someone who payed for his game at least play it.

Stanley Woo then replied with this wonderful work.

Please review the EA Community Terms of Service, particularly sections #9 and #11. There are two levels of enforcement here:

1. BioWare community bans are forum-only and can be for as little as 24 hours. These bans should have no effect on your game, only your ability to use all the features of this website/community. these bans are handed out by BioWare Moderators as the result of our travels around the forum and/or issues reported by fellow community members.

2. EA Community bans come down from a different department and are the result of someone hitting the REPORT POST button.
These bans can affect access to your game and/or DLC.

Because the BioWare community now operates under the same umbrella as all EA Communities, community members here have all explicitly agreed to abide by and be governed by both sets of rules. Consider it an added incentive to follow the rules you say you’re going to follow.

If there are further questions or concerns, please send them to me via private message. Thank you.

End of line.

More like End of Derp.

Before EA/Bioware got into serious trouble, they retracted those statements and this no longer happens. Or seems to happens.

Ka-ka-ka-ka-Cocaine!

Z9SVsCY.gif

Poof!... posts begone. Let's try and keep it less personal?

:bat:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Poof!... posts begone. Let's try and keep it less personal?

:bat:

...we'll see... :biggrin:

...WHO LUVS YA, BABY!!...

• Like 1

A long, long time ago, but I can still remember,
How the Trolling used to make me smile.
And I knew if I had my chance, I could egg on a few Trolls to "dance",
And maybe we'd be happy for a while.
But then Krackhead left and so did Klown;
Volo and Turnip were banned, Mystake got run out o' town.
Bad news on the Front Page,
BIOweenia said goodbye in a heated rage.
I can't remember if I cried
When I heard that TORN was recently fried,
But sadness touched me deep inside,
The day...Black Isle died.

For tarna, Visc, an' the rest o' the ol' Islanders that fell along the way

But, considering your stance that "new and innovative" is the benchmark for "cool", I don't see Kickstarter delivering the goods for you. As it stands, the most successful/hyped games to come out of kickstarter have been tributes to the old days.... which is the opposite of innovation, yes?

Innovation doesn't have to be just a gameplay element or a new milestone in graphics, it can just as well be a unique story - like PST did. Kickstarter games could do that and I have high expectations of Project Eternity in that regard seeing as how the dev team can now do what they please.

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

Bioware has announced a new multiplayer pack for ME3, it brings back the collectors and the trailer is voiced by Harbinger.

They're supporting the hell out of MP. I find it curious that seems to be their focus now. I'm sure DA3 will go down the same road.

Edited by licketysplit