Sex and Romance Poll

Romance Poll  

530 members have voted

1. 1. What kind of Sex/Romance you want to see in the game?

• I want homosexual options of romance\sex
    • I want male filled testosterone kind of sex/romance, lots of cleavage and hot girls
    • I want a more Intellectual kind of sex\romance, with lots of interesting dialogue, quests and well behaved characters
    • None of the above
    • All of the above except for the 4 option

Vote option three should have at least one misbehaved character... for, umm, authenticity... yeah.

"You would not understand. No mortal possibly could. It is beyond the powers of comprehension of all but the most powerful of powers, and once they understand, they move beyond the veil of mortal comprehension. I can explain it no more than that. Perhaps, sometime, you will understand." - O

Either no romances at all (friendship and the like is okay), or - if it must happen - take a "less is more" approach, have it sensible and mature. No dating sims, and please no juvenile Bioware shagfest.

Ok, I keep seeing this, just stop trying to turn it into a victorian book where you have to read between the lines to know you were even romantically envolved. You said you don't want it, fine. I would rather them not put it in that have some watered down token moment where you held hands and expcet that to count as romance. Either put it in fully or do not pull it in at all, but do not tone it down and try to have it both ways. You know, a lot of people LIKE romances in RPG's, It gives us some emotional reward in games, just like making friends with NPC's do, we get you do not want it, but nobody is FORCING you to do them, its an option, it does not hurt anybody and ads another layer of play, if it was forcing you or the others to play the romance parts I would be with you against it, but its not, its optional, so let them put it in and it hurts nobody.

And what about " lots of muscles and hot guys- kind of romance" option for girls??? :p I just want to play female character with harem of hot guys in my team XD

Can't believe you're the only one that posted that so far. Most of the options makes too many assumptions and gives little leeway. This poll is awful. (So awful I bolded it.)

Mmm, I quite agree on that. =d I like the Alistar/Garrus type though to be honest. I like to connect with my characters and not just sleep around with a playboy.

Hahaha, same here. Though I'm more of the Fenris/Garrus. What can I say, I like Mr. Brood and Mr. BFF (?) Vigilante. lol.

If this game is meant to be mature then the addition of romance/sex seems essential. The addition of prostitution could tie well into character development. I'm not advocating this game turning into an interactive Mills and Boon but rather giving the player (or companions) the option of interacting with the world in this way could add depth to how the world interacts with you. You could get an STD and have to deal with it somehow, your companion the beserker could be constantly hounding you to take the party to whore house or mocking you if you're a virgin. There will undoubtedly be religion within the game and this addition could effect any interaction you have with them.

I resent that often in games, romance is possible regardless of the character of both parties. Companions for who there is a possible relationship should each have their ideal partner and you should only be able to start a relationship with them if you fit some loose requirements. It always struck me as silly that you can act one way in the game world and sweet talk a potential partner with what is directly opposed to how you act. You could convince someone you were an innocent and reluctant fighter while brandishing your sword, soaked in the blood of local law enforcement.

As long as entering romantic relationships with party members has benefits and drawbacks with regards to the plotline, I'm all for it. My biggest gripe with romances in RPGs these days is how disconnected they are from the rest of the game; they're basically just long, drawn-out sidequests for often times little tangible benefit and perhaps a PG-13 sex-scene at the conclusion of the arc.

I'm fine with anything as long as they're done well. Homosexual relationship, straight relationships, intellectual romances or complex relationships and whatever else. Even if I don't personally want to take part in one or more of them, I'm fine with them being there, as long as they're well done. That's the most important thing to me. The quality of what is there, regardless of what that is.

"Step away! She has brought truth and you condemn it? The arrogance!

You will not harm her, you will not harm her ever again!"

Surprised there are so many fervently against romances. I'll simply say that I much prefer the BGII style romance to saaaayyy The Witcher style romance.

it's understandable after what we've seen from "romances" in recent RPGs.

Thats not a point.

Only because no one done it right until now, its isnt a reason to deny it generally...

kind regards,

Jira

Where did I say nobody has done it right? I've been quite vocal in saying that Baldur's Gate II did it right.

I want the romances to be like the ones in Fallout 1.

JoshSawyer: Listening to feedback from the fans has helped us realize that people can be pretty polarized on what they want, even among a group of people ostensibly united by a love of the same games. For us, that means prioritizing options is important. If people don’t like a certain aspect of how skill checks are presented or how combat works, we should give them the ability to turn that off, resources permitting.

On one hand there are characters which add to the plot, the story, lore and so on and on the other there are those which are there for the sex starved gamers. No romances. It's the only way to be sure.

And would everyone please quit holding up BGII as a positive example of how romances should be done? It stereotyped romances just as badly as the other Bioware games and none of them. There was the cliche tough bitch, Viconia the schizophrenic nympho, and some broken down baby who had her feathers clipped who could only be saved with "the power of love!!!11" Then there was some idiot, that guy-who-must-not-be-named.

Edited by mickeym

Holy crap. No romances. Stop making these dumb threads.

All you people who need romances in your RPGs are crazy. They are about role playing in different settings with adventurers on quests, etc. They aren't suppose to be games that sate your deviant, sexual fantasies.

Edited by Grimlorn

I WANT romance in it. Just because 'you' don't doesn't mean the millions that do should suffer. Get this, it's OPTIONAL! You DON'T have to romance anyone.

This would be true if Obsidian had all of the time and money in the world to develop it to whatever perfect standard that they have in mind with no feature excluded or under developed within the 18 month time frame they've set themselves for completing the game. I'm guessing that it is super rare that such games are ever developed. And the kind of romances that people are asking for are a lot of work, so you are most likely wrong that having them in the game won't make other parts of the game suffer.

I WANT romance in it. Just because 'you' don't doesn't mean the millions that do should suffer. Get this, it's OPTIONAL! You DON'T have to romance anyone.

This would be true if Obsidian had all of the time and money in the world to develop it to whatever perfect standard that they have in mind with no feature excluded or under developed within the 18 month time frame they've set themselves for completing the game. I'm guessing that it is super rare that such games are ever developed. And the kind of romances that people are asking for are a lot of work, so you are most likely wrong that having them in the game won't make other parts of the game suffer.

You know, I've noticed something about Kickstarter funded games. You go on the forums and you see arguments like this. They basically amount to "I don't want it so I'm just going to say that they're under a limited time and budget so it shouldn't happen, that way I don't look selfish for saying my wants are superior to the wants of others!"

• Like 2

You know, I've noticed something about Kickstarter funded games. You go on the forums and you see arguments like this. They basically amount to "I don't want it so I'm just going to say that they're under a limited time and budget so it shouldn't happen, that way I don't look selfish for saying my wants are superior to the wants of others!"

think of it this way: imagine how much more complete that the rushed ending of ME3 would be if Bioware hadn't spent so many long hours of creating romance cutscenes, dialogue, animations and acting. Would you rather have had a better ending if it meant fewer romances? Can't have everything you want, and developers have to make these decisions all of the time. It's one or the other

Edited by mickeym

All right, if it will make you feel better - I am pretty selfish, do not want any resources dedicated to making what I view as glorified dating simulators and yes in this case my wants are very superior to yours. Objective fact.

think of it this way: imagine how much more complete that the rushed ending of ME3 would be if Bioware spent all of those long hours of creating romance cutscenes, dialogue, animations and acting.
Not at all - the ending was product of Bio writers being incompetent lackwits with delusions of literary mastery. Not even two years more time of development could have saved that trainwreck. Edited by evdk
  • Like 2

Say no to popamole!

All right, if it will make you feel better - I am pretty selfish, do not want any resources dedicated to making what I view as glorified dating simulators and yes in this case my wants are very superior to yours. Objective fact.

think of it this way: imagine how much more complete that the rushed ending of ME3 would be if Bioware spent all of those long hours of creating romance cutscenes, dialogue, animations and acting.
Not at all - the ending was product of Bio writers being incompetent lackwits with delusions of literary mastery. Not even two years more time of development could have saved that trainwreck.

I'm not asking about what people thought of it, I'm making a point that it was clearly missing a whole lot of plot development between the Asari world and catalyst.

Edited by mickeym

I'm not asking about what people thought of it, I'm making a point that it was clearly missing a whole lot of plot development between the Asari world and catalyst.

Sure did. They are now selling it as DLC which was their intention from the beginning. ME3 was gutted by incompetence and stupid business practices.

• Like 2

Say no to popamole!

How about magical spells that require the caster to swing her boobs in a certain direction

EDIT: Why is another word for mammary glands starting with "t" censored? :p

Edited by Longknife

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

If Chris Avellone is going to be the one who writes this game like he did PS:T....

He doesn't like writing game romances by a long shot, in various interviews, on his own blog, and all the ones he's been forced to write were undoubtedly demands from the publisher, and there isn't one now. And the side of "romance" he prefers for dramatic reasons is tragic and unrequited!

Sure, other writers could be hired, but I'll be honest--I want Avellone on this, and muddying the pot with other romance writers on character development just seems... kinda awkward. There is no higher standard for video game text than in PS:T, as far as I'm concerned. And while there was some flirting in PS:T, it wasn't exactly a full romance path--between Annah and Grace, the potential romances were never completed for one reason or another; considering the tremendous textual quality of PS:T at ship, I'd argue PS:T did not suffer from that lack.

If it turns out that there's a whole team of writers involved in this, maybe. Then have all scripts edited by Avellone for consistent quality.... and we'll have a bunch of depressing romance options. LOL

The KS Collector's Edition does not include the Collector's Book.

Which game hook brought you to Project Eternity and interests you the most?

PE will not have co-op/multiplayer, console, or tablet support (sources): [0] [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7]

Write your own romance mods because there won't be any in PE.

"But what is an evil? Is it like water or like a hedgehog or night or lumpy?" -(Digger)

"Most o' you wanderers are but a quarter moon away from lunacy at the best o' times." -Alvanhendar (Baldur's Gate 1)