Sex and Romance Poll

Romance Poll  

530 members have voted

1. 1. What kind of Sex/Romance you want to see in the game?

• I want homosexual options of romance\sex
    • I want male filled testosterone kind of sex/romance, lots of cleavage and hot girls
    • I want a more Intellectual kind of sex\romance, with lots of interesting dialogue, quests and well behaved characters
    • None of the above
    • All of the above except for the 4 option

Do you want sex and romance to be part of the game? Of course it goes without saying that the universal preference is that this gotta be implemented in the story with some nice paragraphs of reading...lol

Just made this poll to know what are you guys opinion on this, in the threads right now discussing romance, some people claim they want same sex relationships(no one said that exactly, but it is heavily implied, so let's get this over with)

Or you like romance and sex to be about sexy and hot girls as companions or maybe a place with

hookers where you can go there...

Or you just want the romances to be more rare, with few characters, and more of the intellecual kind of romance, PST would be an example I guess.

Just my ideas for this, want to know you guys feedback, later we can do a better poll for sure, I don't even have much skills for English writing, sorry.

Edited by Nigro
  • Like 3

I vote all of the above actually. There's no reason why any of the options given need to be mutually exclusive. Also please remember that romance (and sex) are and always have been exactly that; an option.

Just added that option, thanks for the feedback man!

No romances. Or possibly some tragical ones when the other partner (gender and preferred clothing unimportant) stabs you in the back.

well the tragical ones I guess fall in the place in the intellectual kind...

...not really?

Say no to popamole!

I want something that doesn't feel forced or politically correct for the sake of being politically correct, like we so often see these days. I want a believable universe, not a make-believe mirror of the current cultural hegemony in our own civilization.

Romances can be well done, but often, they're just tropes and going-through-the-motions. If they are included, don't forget options, options, options. I think anyone going for an "evil" romance in Baldur's Gate II for example, was sorely disappointed. Or anyone playing a human; 3 options. All elves. Le sigh.

Edit: Unless you were female, of course. In which case you got Anomen. Which is, amazingly, even worse.

Edited by Luckmann

t50aJUd.jpg

No romances. I don't mind some kind of influence system, where companions begin to open up/trust you more depending on your words/actions. But nothing that ends up with you and the she-elf rolling around on a sleeping bag in her bra and granny panties.

• Like 1

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I voted for all of the above. I want relationships and I want to have sex in those relationships ( I'm not sure what would be the point of a relationship in a fantasy world setting without sex, to me this is a no-brainer)

I want same sex relationships for those that are inclined that way and I want to have sex with companions that have large cleavage and are hot because I find them attractive in RL and in games.

I noticed that there have been certain comments that to want to have sex in games with companions is weird or creepy. I am genuinely interested in why people think that?

Edited by BruceVC

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I want something that doesn't feel forced or politically correct for the sake of being politically correct, like we so often see these days. I want a believable universe, not a make-believe mirror of the current cultural hegemony in our own civilization.

Romances can be well done, but often, they're just tropes and going-through-the-motions. If they are included, don't forget options, options, options. I think anyone going for an "evil" romance in Baldur's Gate II for example, was sorely disappointed. Or anyone playing a human; 3 options. All elves. Le sigh.

Edit: Unless you were female, of course. In which case you got Anomen. Which is, amazingly, even worse.

You know, all those woes are easily fixed by not having any romance options. At all.

Say no to popamole!

#1 and #3. It's not a big deal if their romance are not very profound though since it's not a very important aspect for me in this game, but if they can do it more interstingly than the bioware way; not that I don't like the bioware romances but it's just not what I want to see in this game. So if it must be done correctly, I'd rather have intellectual romance, not necessaraly sex (or implied sex), credible relashionship. And yes, I'd like homosexual options because I generally decide to romance a char based on how much I like her/him rather than its gender.

• Like 1

I vote for at least one character like Kreia. A female character who isn't automatically a sex symbol.

I'm all for romances, but when every character is a sensitive but not whiny, caring but not wimpy, strong but not domineering, it starts to feel like a bad romance novel. And it only gets worse when there are five characters just throwing themselves at you, like sex crazed sluts (Anders, I'm looking at you).

I'm fine with characters being gay/lesbian/whatever, but it seems that bisexual is quickly becoming another term for "person who sleeps with anyone they can as often as possible" in gaming romances. Edited for harsh language, apparently.

So yeah, have romances. Don't make them cookie cutter. Feel free to add drama. But don't make it a "well, I flirted with her, so shortly before the last battle she'll put out for me" scenario. WIthout naming other developers, some seem to believe that love is only useful if it culminates in sex, and then it ends.

Edited by Gelp
  • Like 2