What are you playing now? Part 3'ish

Forcing myself to beat the original Borderlands so I can uninstall it. Borderlands + Saints Row 3, two games of which I never wish I bought. Even though they were cheap as dirt, I feel dirty just playing the game, having no fun and just trying to get it over. SR3, I can't even play due to a bug.

Started on Old World Blues... that sure was a lot of dialogue in the beginning =]

Enjoying it so far, but then I haven't gotten very far. Not sure where to go first, so I went for X8 (the "kennels"). So far, I've met lobotomites and cyberdogs. Nothing that would make my guy break a sweat.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Forcing myself to beat the original Borderlands so I can uninstall it. Borderlands + Saints Row 3, two games of which I never wish I bought. Even though they were cheap as dirt, I feel dirty just playing the game, having no fun and just trying to get it over. SR3, I can't even play due to a bug.

Why play a game you don't enjoy?

Maybe my attitude will change later in life, but currently I play a game until I don't enjoy it anymore. This happens the most with extra long RPGs, there comes a point where I simply am no longer having fun, at which point I have better things to do. Some I finish, some I don't. I never finished FO3 the original game for example...not have I ever finished an Elder scrolls game. On the otherhand have finished all of Bio's games, and such...but that doesn't mean I'll always do it. Play for fun, and when it's no longer fun...don't play.

I didn't like Borderlands either by the way.

Well beat Hard Reset, plotwise that was a pretty random ending - well, not much plot anyway. Still, good mindless carnage for $4. On to Saints Row 3

Hard Reset is a nice little game with good shooting mechanics and more atmosphere than the AAA titles.

Yep, I didn't mean to say it was a bad game or anything. Very short, but I don't think it sold for $60 or something at the start anyway. The atmosphere in the levels is very cool, heh, made me wish I could go into the places. The weapon switching was a bit weird to get used to - 2 guns but with different modes. Probably didn't help that I suck at the game, had trouble with the gorrilas for ages before I figured out that the stasis and rockets work well. :p

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Would agree that if you're not finding a game fun at all (vs. just being occasionally frustrating), why force yourself to "finish" it? Just stop and play something you do find fun. :)

That said...I'm one of those who did like Borderlands and I just remembered that it's only a month and a half or so away for #2. Just saw the new wimoweh trailer ... more fun trailer stuff from Gearbox. Since I'm having more and more doubts that Torchlight2 will actually be released before even official summer end, at least I'll have BL2 to snap up.

Still playing Diablo3 occasionally, but not every day - mostly MF'ing and gold-finding runs. Stopped caring about beating/finishing Inferno and just stick to Act1/Act2 for brief monster-bashing fun. Maybe one day I'll beat Inferno...altho if I don't before BL2 comes out I may never do so. :lol:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Still in the race in Path of Exile Hardcore. Reached level 60, which really is no big deal, you can do it in 2-3 days, but..

http://www.pathofexile.com/ladder/index/league/2+Week+HC+Race

Right now (at the time of writing) that places me in 19'th! When I fell asleep I was in place 23 or something, when I woke up I was in place 20. Creepy.

Now I'm not sure what to do. At level 60, if you are alive at the end of the race, you're awarded a good amount of orbs (the game's currency). If you're on the top 20, you'll get even more rewards. But right now, in the game, I'm at a place that's so dull. I have not had time to find good equipment (which is critical for a melee based build) so I don't dare to try the end game boss. But if I don't do the end game boss I can't get the really good equipment and I am basically forced to play the same zone over and over. To play in the random maps, you need to beat the end boss..

The end boss can one-shot you. So.. do I risk all my levels to be able to advance further (and have fun again) or do I leave it where it is and do the occasional grind run? I'm stupid enough to go for the one-shotting boss. We will see.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Now in Arnika, Wizardry 8. Bar a few rash moments resulting in character deaths, it hasn't been that difficult or grindy in Normal thus far. Once you pick a party, the tactical options you can employ in each battle don't seem that expansive, but we'll see as I level up, and make better use of abilities and items. Certainly fun.

Why play a game you don't enjoy?

Maybe my attitude will change later in life, but currently I play a game until I don't enjoy it anymore. This happens the most with extra long RPGs, there comes a point where I simply am no longer having fun, at which point I have better things to do. Some I finish, some I don't. I never finished FO3 the original game for example...not have I ever finished an Elder scrolls game. On the otherhand have finished all of Bio's games, and such...but that doesn't mean I'll always do it. Play for fun, and when it's no longer fun...don't play.

I didn't like Borderlands either by the way.

I just like to try to get some use out of it, and then uninstall it forever without having an unfinished game waiting there. Or, I might just like punishing myself for buying such a crappy game.

Well beat Hard Reset, plotwise that was a pretty random ending - well, not much plot anyway. Still, good mindless carnage for $4. On to Saints Row 3

Hard Reset is a nice little game with good shooting mechanics and more atmosphere than the AAA titles.

Yep, I didn't mean to say it was a bad game or anything. Very short, but I don't think it sold for $60 or something at the start anyway. The atmosphere in the levels is very cool, heh, made me wish I could go into the places. The weapon switching was a bit weird to get used to - 2 guns but with different modes. Probably didn't help that I suck at the game, had trouble with the gorrilas for ages before I figured out that the stasis and rockets work well. :p

Yeah - I was just backing you up in saying that it was a decent little game.

I just beat the Act 2 boss.. Yes, I was stupid enough to risk it all. But I did it. Got very close to dying on two different occasions, but was lucky and survived. It was not one of my best fights :/ I was very nervous.

So.. Now I have the wonderful world of maps open to me! Except.. now I'm afraid of maps instead (you never know what to expect inside them). Great.

Finished off Prototype 2. Not bad, felt a little short, and while the gameplay in general had some handling improvements compared to the first, the character of Heller is just.. bland and fairly stupid. For a guy who is supposed to have been a valorous, highly trained and decorated soldier - even if he's blinded by rage and a need for vengeance - he's just surpisingly dull and non-smart.

And then they end it on that potential hang out for a third game. Which of course, will likely never happen with Radical's layoffs and shift to being a "support group" for other Activision titles.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Four months after buying it, and after a couple of days Origin-wrangling, finally started ME3. Taking my time through it due to limited time and no great enthusiasm - everything about it plotwise has been spoiled for me a long time ago - but the kindest thing about it I can say is that it's not worse than ME2.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Oops. I just died in Path of Exile HC. Reached level 66 so I'm pretty proud of that.

The end-game is still not enough as it stands. The maps are still too rare and there is no point to going to them after a few days of playing. Sure, you can get different maps, but they are small and mostly the same, meaning after a few hours you've seen them all. And the only reason for you to go to a map is to try to get better equipment.. which after a while becomes extremely tedious. There's no story arc or anything driving you on.

Maybe I'll go back to it after act 3 is released (when open beta is released, sometime later this year). Until then, I'm done with Path of Exile. It was fun for a while and I recommend it for people bored of Diablo 3.

Bought Book of Unwritten Tales yesterday on Steam. I've heard nothing but good things and am fighting to finish this KOTOR run before I play it. I swear, if one of you guys tells me it sucks I'll cry. Unless it's Morgoth, then I'll take that as endorsement.

Quantum Conundrum also launched its first DLC. I have the season pass, so I tried to give it a whirl. Made my way through the first room, made it to the second room, which just loops right back into itself. I... think I'm lost. So I went right back to KOTOR.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

still playing league of legends, the claws are sunk into me, i want to buy a champion.

• Like 1

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

last week i tried all the free characters and decided i liked malphite the best, i almost bought him

this week i've tried most of the free characters and have discovered that sejuani is similar to malphite but even more fun

so i guess im going to wait until next weeks characters, and see if i can find one i like better than sejuani, if not, im gonna buy sejuani (and maybe malphite too...)

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

To be frank, Sejuani is severely weaker than other characters (though I've seen a match where almost every kill landed to her, still no idea how that happened), but hur ult it very potent. Malphite on the other hand is a very scary champion. His ult is a constant danger for the whole enemy team, he gains damage from stacking armor and with maxed items is very very hard to kill while having enough damage to kill a squishy carry with one combo. And that's the tank build.

interesting, at the low skill level, sejuani seems better to me, she's faster and does more damage quickly (though she is very reliant on skills). i guess malphite is better at competitive level because his skills slow enemy attack speed instead of slowing their move speed?

or maybe i was just not putting the right items on malphite...

either way, i really like both characters, just slightly prefer sejuani so far

i seem to like characters that have really good defense, and the ability to hit everything around them instead of just focusing on one enemy at a time.

Edited by entrerix