RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS THREAD!

Gorth

Deus Ex HR movie coming

"As the millions of fans who have played the Deus Ex games for more than a decade will tell you, these games catapult you into a universe that is stimulating, engaging and relevant," Square Enix Europe president and CEO Phil Rogers commented."

Translation: We liek big moniez.

Personal note: Movie is gonna be ****.

Has a movie based off a video game ever actually turned out good? I can't think of a single one off the top of my head.

already stated by some. I liked Street Fighter II animated movie and I enjoyed Mortal Kombat.

I sort of enjoyed the first tomb raider movie as well.

Has a movie based off a video game ever actually turned out good? I can't think of a single one off the top of my head.

Final Fantasy Spirit Within was actually ok. But you're right, on average game to movie conversions usually suck.

Fortune favors the bald.

The Hitman film wasn't too bad. I'd rate it up there as one of the better game-to-film adaptions.

The Max Payne movie wasn't complete ****, either. Or it could be that both movies have Olga Kurylenko :p

Olga-Kurylenko-Photos-2010-.jpg

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

The Hitman film wasn't too bad. I'd rate it up there as one of the better game-to-film adaptions.

The Max Payne movie wasn't complete ****, either. Or it could be that both movies have Olga Kurylenko :p

You're remembering the scene with the red dress aren't you when you say that? :shifty:

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

You're remembering the scene with the red dress aren't you when you say that? :shifty:

*stares into space*

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

It will be interesting to see if we can ever get a mainstream hit out of a video game property. I saw some Halo commercial the other day and it looked like a movie, but then it turned out to be a game trailer.

The Final Fantasy movie actually did pretty well, I think it pulled in close to $100 million. The problem was it cost over that to make, so it is considered a bomb.

Interesting, seems crowdfunding and the indie scene is really accelerating. Which is great, more competition means better services and prices for the consumers.

Fortune favors the bald.

the Expendables 2 game actually looks like it may possibly be a fun game (or not, movies to games have about as much success as games to movies). Looks like it could be a lot of fun...or it could be absolutely atrocious.

On the Vivendi selling Acti-Bliz front...It could be humorous if the Chinese acquire it. I'd imagine they'd insist on control of Blizzard in that case (I'd say that would be one of the biggest attractions) and then they'd slew it in favor of the gold farmers and others in the Chinese MMO market in order to gain more profits on that side of the coin. I don't think Bliz would have as much independance if that occurred, then again...maybe Bliz would get off it's high horse in piracy paranoia since the chinese are king in that arena, and with chinese leadership find otherways to profit since the chinese already expect a 90% piracy rate on games they sell...they explore "other" options than the always online.

the Expendables 2 game actually looks like it may possibly be a fun game (or not, movies to games have about as much success as games to movies). Looks like it could be a lot of fun...or it could be absolutely atrocious.

On the Vivendi selling Acti-Bliz front...It could be humorous if the Chinese acquire it. I'd imagine they'd insist on control of Blizzard in that case (I'd say that would be one of the biggest attractions) and then they'd slew it in favor of the gold farmers and others in the Chinese MMO market in order to gain more profits on that side of the coin. I don't think Bliz would have as much independance if that occurred, then again...maybe Bliz would get off it's high horse in piracy paranoia since the chinese are king in that arena, and with chinese leadership find otherways to profit since the chinese already expect a 90% piracy rate on games they sell...they explore "other" options than the always online.

Most of the Chinese and Korean companies seem to adopt the free to play models anyways, I think it was time the world realized that it doesn't make sense to pay for a game monthly.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

it never made sense, but people did it for warcraft anyway

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Koreans are very, very determined not to pay for anything they don't have to, by the way - combine that with an internet cafe gaming culture (where people go there to play even if they have good PCs at home), lower levels of disposable income for youths because too much studying = not much working in high school, superfast internet, etc, and an even stronger stigma against games on the part of parents, and you can see how a monthly subscription model just does not work.

While we are at Ouya, I love the beginning of their first update:

"Do you realize what you've done? You proved consoles aren't dead."

Until now I didn't knew that consoles are said to be dead. In fact, I never heard anyone ever talking about consoles being dead.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

While we are at Ouya, I love the beginning of their first update:

"Do you realize what you've done? You proved consoles aren't dead."

Until now I didn't knew that consoles are said to be dead. In fact, I never heard anyone ever talking about consoles being dead.

Oh it's been something which has been said in the industry for a couple of years now.

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

Will Wright: "Console guys are running scared"

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.