Good old Games

Gorth

Botanicula was a really cute/fun game, glad I gave it a chance. Those types of games aren't great on replay value, imo, but they can be tons of fun the first time or two.

At the price I got it, even one playthrough is me robbing them blind ;)

Though I also buy games purely based on artistic merit, when I decide that their visual approach etc stands out.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Botanicula was a really cute/fun game, glad I gave it a chance. Those types of games aren't great on replay value, imo, but they can be tons of fun the first time or two.

Though I also buy games purely based on artistic merit, when I decide that their visual approach etc stands out.

Not a GoG game, but if you haven't tried it, you may want to try the Steam demo of 'Trine' :)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

It was the music and sound effects for me. I saw some preview video or something and it was so "cute" that I had to have it. By the end I did think of it as a very artistic game. But those "yoohoos" and the great soundtrack got me to purchase. :lol:

...Tried the Machinarium (sp?) after and while it was also kinda cute, it wasn't the same. I haven't finished it. :/

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Not a GoG game, but if you haven't tried it, you may want to try the Steam demo of 'Trine' :)

I have Trine (haven't finished it yet), I have Trine 2 (haven't installed it yet). I am missing the Trine 2 DLC. I have Eternity's Child (installed not yet played), Limbo (not yet installed), Giana Sisters: Twisted Dream (not yet finished, planned out the fanart though), Lucidity (not yet installed)... I think I got other games as well :)

It was the music and sound effects for me. I saw some preview video or something and it was so "cute" that I had to have it. By the end I did think of it as a very artistic game. But those "yoohoos" and the great soundtrack got me to purchase. :lol:

...Tried the Machinarium (sp?) after and while it was also kinda cute, it wasn't the same. I haven't finished it. :/

Got the box version of Machinarium.

If we are talking cute, have you looked at The Maw?

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=26343200&insideModal=1

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Very much a GOG game now, it's right there in the sale. :p

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

If we are talking cute, have you looked at The Maw?

http://steamcommunit...0&insideModal=1

Hm. Doesn't seem like my type of "cute" but I kinda do like the concept of the game.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I've stared at the Prince of Persia games off and on, thinking hubby might like them. Are they at all like Tombraider in terms of style? That is, the running, crawling, leaping/grabbing, puzzle type action? Only with swords instead of guns? Or am I totally misreading things.

Buying Theme Hospital, Settlers2 and Symphony. Because I can.

wallrunning, dodging spikes, saws, .... rewinding back if you fail,... :D Better than any Tomb Raider. :)

Add to that poor and repetitive combat. Still better than Tomb Raider.

And then subtract the poor part. :p

• 2 weeks later...

I've stared at the Prince of Persia games off and on, thinking hubby might like them. Are they at all like Tombraider in terms of style? That is, the running, crawling, leaping/grabbing, puzzle type action? Only with swords instead of guns? Or am I totally misreading things.

I liked the first Prince of Persia, and I liked "Sands of Time", but I didn't bother with the others.

Winter Sale is on.

For the next 24 hours (of 23 hours 48 minutes) that means Bullfrog games are 75% off. The package is Populous 1-3 + Dungeon Keeper 1-2 + Theme Hospital + Syndicate + Magic Carpet = $11.92

Among other great deals:

50% off:

Torment now at 4.99

Alpha Centauri at 2.99

Master of Orion 1-2 at 2.99

Startopia 2.99

The Witcher 2 60% off at 14.99...

My definite buys will be Deponia and Battle Realms

Hm, I think I'll nab FTL, MOO & MOO 2, maybe Deponia and the SQ series. Maybe QFG as well.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

was going to grab Deponia but forgot...

You had one job!

I love Deponia. I'm seriously considering it my game of the year.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."